Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

QPR away discussions

1 minute ago, phantom said:

@arrytheb @Tipps69

If you've not been to Loftus Road this place is right up there with the worst away day experiences in our league. 

All the seats are cramped, the concourse is just wide enough for two people to stand side by side

Being 6'4" and needing to keep one of my legs mobile I'll be looking forward to this 😂

2 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Being 6'4" and needing to keep one of my legs mobile I'll be looking forward to this 😂

I'm only 5'9" and I struggled with leg room 

A quick tip for anyone that has not been here before make sure you know where you're heading when you get to the stadium.

Lower tier blocks are accessed via South Africa Road, whilst fans on the upper tier will need to enter via Ellerslie Road.

There's no shortcut between the two!

Away coaches normally drop fans nearer the Main Stand, so you'll need to allow an extra five minutes or so to get round to the other end of the away end if you are on the upper tier.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

@arrytheb @Tipps69

If you've not been to Loftus Road this place is right up there with the worst away day experiences in our league. 

All the seats are cramped, the concourse is just wide enough for two people to stand side by side and unless you are in one of the first two rows you can't see the nearest goal line. 

The stewards have a habit of being heavy handed up here and as 8stand at the top of EVERY entrance to the seats THEY DO enforce that you sit in the seat you purchased 

20200122_162706.jpg

It was a game that 5 of us were looking at doing but £33 for the experience that you have explained above (we’ve heard similar from numerous other people) was enough to mean that we decided against this game!

It certainly sounds like it would cause me more damage to an already wrecked back & that’s something I could do without!

46 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It was a game that 5 of us were looking at doing but £33 for the experience that you have explained above (we’ve heard similar from numerous other people) was enough to mean that we decided against this game!

It certainly sounds like it would cause me more damage to an already wrecked back & that’s something I could do without!

But, if the lower tier goes on sale the bottom tier is a completely different experience. 

I was working in Colindale today and got chatting to a QPR season ticket holder, he said a few teams have had the lower section and as they hadn't sold out they could spread out as much as they wanted 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Being a ST holder in the Dolman at 6ft 6, I feel

your pain, I’m constantly asked to sit back and lower my knees by the people infront 😂 So I’m sure I can cope with another 90mins of not feeling my legs 

Edited by ZiderheadTJ

4 minutes ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

Being a ST holder in the Dolman at 6ft 6, I’m constantly asked to sit back and lower my knees by the people infront 😂 So I’m sure I can cope with another 90mins of not feeling my legs 

F that, get up front!

8 minutes ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

Being a ST holder in the Dolman at 6ft 6, I feel

your pain, I’m constantly asked to sit back and lower my knees by the people infront 😂 So I’m sure I can cope with another 90mins of not feeling my legs 

Yeah whenever I sit in the dolman I apologise to the people in front of me before the game starts 😂

1 hour ago, gazza1982 said:

Get that lower tier open! 

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. The club will need to be very confident off selling them. As qpr do a buy all or nothing policy with no returns.

16 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. The club will need to be very confident off selling them. As qpr do a buy all or nothing policy with no returns.

I think we can give that a bleddy good go?! I now need 6, so fingers crossed anyway. Pay on the day would certainly attract a fair few as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

I think we can give that a bleddy good go?! I now need 6, so fingers crossed anyway. Pay on the day would certainly attract a fair few as well

Lower tier on sale now...

1435009D-7A29-476C-8612-D969DEE25FB3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

£33 to be in the top tier with no view of the goal and a small corridor for a concourse.... and now £29 to be in the bottom tier.

Keep screwing over football fans Bristol City and QPR, keep screwing over football fans. Why change the habit of a lifetime..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Iv'e got upper tier tickets, so this is annoying, i would much prefer bottom tier, worth blagging it at the gate?

Don't mean this to sound personal, but why didn't you wait?

It was disclosed already that we would be getting the lower tier if we sold out so there was nothing to lose?

Additionally it may be worth seeing if someone will swap? There always seems to be someone that pops up that will want tickets with other friends

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Same here... what a turd of a ground.

Don’t recall us ever being given the bottom tier, panicked and didn’t want to miss out. May buy one if they sell out early and hope someone needs one so I can sell the upper. 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't mean this to sound personal, but why didn't you wait?

It was disclosed already that we would be getting the lower tier if we sold out so there was nothing to lose?

Additionally it may be worth seeing if someone will swap? There always seems to be someone that pops up that will want tickets with other friends

Your comments are fine, not a problem, . This is a game i did, not wish to miss out on ( i'm a member and have already missed out on Luton and Fulham) as i have to be in London that evening for a family doo. To go to London when City are playing there and not get a ticket , would have been seriously annoying

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Don’t recall us ever being given the bottom tier, panicked and didn’t want to miss out. May buy one if they sell out early and hope someone needs one so I can sell the upper. 

Had it many times over the years, admittedly going back a bit now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm only 5'9" and I struggled with leg room 

Do they have enough room in the front for beer or cider belly’s now that is the important question. Nothing worse than your big exploding belly resting on the neck on the person in front of you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I’ve got a ticket for the upper tier but now want to go in the bottom tier. Anyone fancy having my ticket? 

I was up there once when Tony ‘tap in’ Thorpe scored for City but couldn’t see the goal because of the bloody angle I was at.

Horrible bloody place.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was up there once when Tony ‘tap in’ Thorpe scored for City but couldn’t see the goal because of the bloody angle I was at.

Horrible bloody place.

Ssshhhh you’re ruining my chances of selling it!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Ssshhhh you’re ruining my chances of selling it!

The top tier is fine if you’re above the goal but to either side it’s bloody awful.

I’ve only been once. It was the 2-2 draw when Caulker and Pitman scored. I thought it was great but then I was in the front row of the upper tier and had a perfect view. I wasn’t aware there were so many issues 

Now got 2 tickets seeing as the lower tier is open.

From what most people are saying, I’m glad I waited & didn’t get upper tier tickets.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JerrySLO said:

Additional seats have been added to the coaches that had sold out for the game.  If there's demand then we will add another coach.

Got two coach seats on #5, cheers :) were there more put on?

Yeh a few people had been asking and as the tickets go on general sale tomorrow it's nice to have coach availability. Its gonna be a decent turn out by the look of things which is always good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The top tier is fine if you’re above the goal but to either side it’s bloody awful.

You're not cut out for this Sales job, are you?

"The top tier is fantastic.  You really are up in the gods with an expansive view to the other side of the pitch.  Whilst the seats are "compact", the atmosphere is something to behold as you are so close to the people in front. And behind.  This is an experience that cannot be repeated*."

*I've done it once.

• Haha 3

Worth waiting and taking a chance , train booked too. 

Pie and mash with a couple of QPR mates, think I might give them a swerve after ,  if they beat us that is.

6 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'm waiting for it to go General sale tomorrow. Can someone let me know how many tickets are left?? Thanks 

When I got mine a little while ago, they were still in the 900's

34 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'm waiting for it to go General sale tomorrow. Can someone let me know how many tickets are left?? Thanks 

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When I got mine a little while ago, they were still in the 900's

@Bobbie

Screenshot_20200123-182717_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1