IGNORED

How to do it Pearson style .

Major Isewater

Listen to any Watford player speak about the changes their new boss has made and it sounds simple - discipline, clarity, respect. But that is precisely the point. Pearson's message is a simple one; clear, laser-focused and all the more powerful for it.

Have a nosey on the BBC site the article is very interesting.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51105166

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Listen to any Watford player speak about the changes their new boss has made and it sounds simple - discipline, clarity, respect. But that is precisely the point. Pearson's message is a simple one; clear, laser-focused and all the more powerful for it.

Interesting one NP, because we can all imagine him on the training ground or in the dressing room being very clear what he wants, yet he sometimes talks a load of shit in interviews.  He’s admitted that he had media training, so take him out of his football comfort zone and he can sound a bit of a bluffer at times.  Good manager though.

9 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Clarity is the siginificant word.

Watford are playing to their strengths.

Does anyone believe that our players receive clear instruction?

I can imagine our coaching team delivering instructions by Microsoft excel. 

15 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

No idea. Nobody has an idea until a player says otherwise. Apart from that, it's compete guesswork. 

Just because the players aren't performing, doesn't mean LJ isn't giving a clear message. It could be anything. Maybe the players are having an internal rift? Just because they are all smiles for the camera, it means nothing.

What happens on that side of the football club, us mortals (not Frozen Robin) have absolutely no idea whats going on. It's complete guesswork, conspiracy theories and fantasy. Does anyone know what Pato put in that WhatsApp group? Could that have been a trigger for some internal problem that has started a slump? The dates match up I think. Could be anything, absolutely anything.

Then its the job of the Manager/Head Coach/ Owner to sort it out, whatever it is .

9 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

You say that, but if people are arguing, people are arguing.  He isn't jesus. People are people, if personalities don't fit, they don't fit no matter how much due diligence you do. 
Anyway, pointless having a discussion about it as its all a bit fantasy. 

Fingers crossed for saturday, 3 points and a playoff spot.  I get the feeling this on one of LJ's most important games as Bristol City manager, and the pressure is coming from the fans.  

:laugh: "He isn't jesus" 

I'm enjoy the deflection gymnastics some fans do to avoid any potential blame being on LJ. Keep it up 

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

No idea. Nobody has an idea until a player says otherwise. Apart from that, it's compete guesswork. 

Just because the players aren't performing, doesn't mean LJ isn't giving a clear message. It could be anything. Maybe the players are having an internal rift? Just because they are all smiles for the camera, it means nothing.

What happens on that side of the football club, us mortals (not Frozen Robin) have absolutely no idea whats going on. It's complete guesswork, conspiracy theories and fantasy. Does anyone know what Pato put in that WhatsApp group? Could that have been a trigger for some internal problem that has started a slump? The dates match up I think. Could be anything, absolutely anything.

What’s the Paterson WhatsApp story? I think I’ve missed that one. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There’s no way Lansdown would hire a Pearson style manager.  No way Pedro. 

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I think the evidence that we definitely have would point towards a lack of clarity:

• Constant formation changes
  • Regular team/squad changes
  • Pre-match tactic changes (pressing or posession or passing game or longball...)
  • Playing to negate the opposition's strengths rather than attempting to impose our style of play
  • Wholesale changes during a match (usually when we're chasing the game)
  • Humerous but often bizarre post-match explanations for what went wrong
  • Signing players who are "for the future" but immediately become first team regulars
  • Signing first team players who drift so far out of contention we forget that they were signed
  • The regular use of our "identity" - something that literally nobody who has watched us play this season can describe

So if you accept any of the above, give me some resons why you think he would he would offer clarity to the players.

53 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

You say that, but if people are arguing, people are arguing.  He isn't jesus. People are people, if personalities don't fit, they don't fit no matter how much due diligence you do. 
Anyway, pointless having a discussion about it as its all a bit fantasy. 

Fingers crossed for saturday, 3 points and a playoff spot.  I get the feeling this on one of LJ's most important games as Bristol City manager, and the pressure is coming from the fans.  

Badger 08, of course it is, we are the ones from cradle to grave who support and pay our money to Bristol City FC and time after time we are fed BS from the people in Ivory Towers who run our beloved club, for Gods sake, myself for example have been watching them for 62 + years and once or twice in my life  I have been rewarded for my commitment to them, not Arsenal, not Man Utd. I get sick of being bought drinks on holiday from well meaning people who when we talk football, I tell them who I support and they say Bristol City................nice little club !!! I want to see a club that achieves not bloody well just talks about it and a Head Coach that blames everything but himself . I want to see WINNERS.

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Your right but he is heading in the right direction unlike our chauffeur who is going round in circles and is clueless as to which route to take.

I don’t disagree. Clear instructions from no nonsense Pearson .  LJ is a master tactician mind !!!

3 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Does anyone know what Pato put in that WhatsApp group? Could that have been a trigger for some internal problem that has started a slump? The dates match up I think. Could be anything, absolutely anything.

If that were the case, I’d be very concerned about the mentality and mental strength the coaching staff are instilling in grown men if a dodgy whats app post has affected them to that extent over the past 5 months. 

I think Pearson is far more astute than many give him credit for. He did lots of the groundwork that helped Leicester in 15/16. 

He really reminds me of Cotterill in many ways. Slightly mad, but has a deep understanding of the game.

What I wonder with him - a bit like Cotterill - is whether that approach to management can work over the longer term of several seasons. I think if it unravels, those sorts of blood and thunder managers seem to have more exacerbated problems with player fall outs etc and public dissent.

I think for a failing club who look in free-fall - a back to basics approach with a clear game-plan can do wonders as we're seeing with Watford.

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Badger 08, of course it is, we are the ones from cradle to grave who support and pay our money to Bristol City FC and time after time we are fed BS from the people in Ivory Towers who run our beloved club, for Gods sake, myself for example have been watching them for 62 + years and once or twice in my life  I have been rewarded for my commitment to them, not Arsenal, not Man Utd. I get sick of being bought drinks on holiday from well meaning people who when we talk football, I tell them who I support and they say Bristol City................nice little club !!! I want to see a club that achieves not bloody well just talks about it and a Head Coach that blames everything but himself . I want to see WINNERS.

I’d like to see us win something too, but remember that every year in the Championship 21 out of 24 clubs win nothing.  I do agree with you however, although I’m about five years short of your stint as a City fan, that it would be good to see some success while I’ve still got most of me faculties intact.

5 hours ago, Badger08 said:

What group was that?

Archived