IGNORED

How to do it Pearson style .

Major Isewater

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’d like to see us win something too, but remember that every year in the Championship 21 out of 24 clubs win nothing.  I do agree with you however, although I’m about five years short of your stint as a City fan, that it would be good to see some success while I’ve still got most of me faculties intact.

That's what frightens me DP, the thought of being in a chair in the nursing home at the age of 98 and the matron tells a visitor ' thats oldstandrobin over there dribbling and muttering Johnson Out, I haven't the heart to tell him they have at last got into the Premiership and that 10 years ago, the top ten teams in the Premiership joined the European League '   :ill::city:?

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’d like to see us win something too, but remember that every year in the Championship 21 out of 24 clubs win nothing.  I do agree with you however, although I’m about five years short of your stint as a City fan, that it would be good to see some success while I’ve still got most of me faculties intact.

It's 40 years now, with one valid effort at getting back to the top. One in 40 seasons! That's poor. 

It's not like we're Burton Albion or Rotherham at this level.

That said, SL has built a platform for us at this level now, from which a capable coach, given a bit of luck with injuries, should be able to get us into the play-offs, where we then have a shot at glory.

2 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

How many clubs has he been with?

That's his business :laugh:

A good manager that knows what he is doing, but I'm not keen on his personality much.

Nearly always stroppy with people unnecessarily so , a bit of a bully etc

That said, he has been successful so it clearly works.

Archived