IGNORED

Excuse?

Langford Red

14 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

What excuse will LJ give tomorrow?

If we fail to get a result

What possessed you think “I know what I’m going to do on Friday night! Start a pointless, inane thread on the forum, that makes me look like whinging little bitch” 

Just curious about your thought process on that..?!

Hope we win, play well and get some decent form back  however should we lose we’ll likely get -
Barnsley are a good side. 
Barnsley are in good form. 

We never had enough box entries. 
We needed to match their intensity. 
Tired after Tuesday.

I’ve  had to sell me best players (ignoring the fact that they were here when he became HC)

Should say

Ive signed too many players who aren’t good enough. 
We’ve got no identity. 
I dont know my best team. 
I don’t know our best formation. 

I don't understand the whole "oh another one.." mentality, I mean if we've got to a point where there are tons of fans feeling negative before the ball has even been kicked then isn't there some kind of reason behind it?!

I'm hoping for a win today, but I'm also resigned to the likelihood that it could be a disappointment and that we're very unlikely to play entertaining football and for me that's the real issue. My biggest frustration is that even when we had our losing steaks there was a point where LJ had us playing entertaining football and I loved it, even if we lost. At the moment it feels like we've given up playing good football and resorted to ugly football with no entertainment and we've not even had a change to our league standing or results. It's kind of like when you go to your favourite restaurant and they make a big deal about a new recipe for your favourite meal so you order it. You receive the same meal, only it tastes different, and not in the way you had hoped so now you're left with your favourite restaurant and favourite meal only you don't really want it and now welcome a new addition to the menu that will taste better. 

I honestly hope LJ looks back at the football we played earlier in his job and tries to get that back but right now I just do not enjoy the football, we're not getting the results, we've not brought in any players, let alone ones that may change the situation and we're still being asked by Jon Landsdown to pay to cheer the crap football on, it feels like a slap in the face that you pay for. 

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Supporters support. The clue's in the name.

I've seen so many people say this but at what point do you say enough is enough when you're unhappy with what's taking place at your club? 

Should United fans back the Glazers and the current running of their club? I mean that's the owners, they're a bigger part of the club than any player or manager. 

Should Newcastle fans back Mike Ashley despite his many awful decisions about their club? 

Should any fan support someone employed or in ownership of the club they love blindly? 

I don't think we have a single fan who is not supporting the club but disliking a manager, questioning a player or even disagreeing with an owner or board member. 30 years from now LJ may be passed memory, so may all of the current squad, we may have a new owner and /or board but you can pretty much guarantee that any oh our fans who are here today and still alive then will still be cheering on the club. 

This whole "supporters support" narrative has truth in it, but you don't stop becoming a supporter second you're not in support of one part of the club in its current state. 

13 minutes ago, italian dave said:

If I could give this 100 likes...! Sometimes I despair with some people on here - is there any other manager in the league who'd get this sort of crap going into a game after winning two of the last three league games?

Couldn’t beat shrews over 2 games to play the best team in the world. Lost to Millwall, Blackburn and Brentford at home in last few weeks. Performances have been at best crap with few efforts on goal and boring football despite signing about 50 players.  The fans are becoming increasingly fed up with the nonsense LJ comes out with when we can see with our own eyes how god awful poor it is. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

If I could give this 100 likes...! Sometimes I despair with some people on here - is there any other manager in the league who'd get this sort of crap going into a game after winning two of the last three league games?

Exactly right, I said in another post that a win would put us on a 9 out of 12 points run and possibly back in the top 6.  Which makes this game much more important than the Shrewsbury FA Cup game, where the reward was playing Liverpool's academy kids.

Although I was a bit gutted the other night after we let in a late goal and lost the chance of a glamour tie, the more I think about a not having Liverpool at home in the cup, the more I think we have dodged  a bullet.  All the baggage of the media circus, the clamour for tickets to see a team that would have 3 players at most that the average football fan would have heard of, plus the possibility of losing against that team and being humiliated on Match of the Day live, is something that might work in our favour in the league, which is the only thing that really matters.  

If we had beaten the Shrews, what would be the talk of the town, constantly on local media, and all over this forum?  The Liverpool game of course.  Today the whole club can focus on the Barnsley game, management, players and supporters.  I am really looking forward to today's game, as it is a game that we are capable of winning.  And we have to factor into that the unpredictable nature of the Championship, and realise that it could also all go totally pear-shaped:grr:!  That's the beauty of being a football fan?

3 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Exactly right, I said in another post that a win would put us on a 9 out of 12 points run and possibly back in the top 6.  Which makes this game much more important than the Shrewsbury FA Cup game, where the reward was playing Liverpool's academy kids.

Although I was a bit gutted the other night after we let in a late goal and lost the chance of a glamour tie, the more I think about a not having Liverpool at home in the cup, the more I think we have dodged  a bullet.  All the baggage of the media circus, the clamour for tickets to see a team that would have 3 players at most that the average football fan would have heard of, plus the possibility of losing against that team and being humiliated on Match of the Day live, is something that might work in our favour in the league, which is the only thing that really matters.  

If we had beaten the Shrews, what would be the talk of the town, constantly on local media, and all over this forum?  The Liverpool game of course.  Today the whole club can focus on the Barnsley game, management, players and supporters.  I am really looking forward to today's game, as it is a game that we are capable of winning.  And we have to factor into that the unpredictable nature of the Championship, and realise that it could also all go totally pear-shaped:grr:!  That's the beauty of being a football fan?

Don’t agree. Has we have beaten shrews and played Liverpool who knows we may have beaten them or at least played well on national TV. Similar to the Man City and United games you get talked about and talked up in the media and raise the profile of the club. 
To me the cup does matter, in recent years Cardiff, Millwall and Wigan have got to Wembley. It’s not like we’ve had things to celebrate very often over the years. 

15 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Couldn’t beat shrews over 2 games to play the best team in the world. Lost to Millwall, Blackburn and Brentford at home in last few weeks. Performances have been at best crap with few efforts on goal and boring football despite signing about 50 players.  The fans are becoming increasingly fed up with the nonsense LJ comes out with when we can see with our own eyes how god awful poor it is. 

Nothing against constructive criticism. That always comes with supporting a club. This OP, and this poster, isn't that. It's just endless, repetitive, tedious, negativity, and wallowing in it. That's not support.

11 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Don’t agree. Has we have beaten shrews and played Liverpool who knows we may have beaten them or at least played well on national TV. Similar to the Man City and United games you get talked about and talked up in the media and raise the profile of the club. 
To me the cup does matter, in recent years Cardiff, Millwall and Wigan have got to Wembley. It’s not like we’ve had things to celebrate very often over the years. 

If we are so god awful (league position ignored for a moment and let’s say you are correct) the why in gods name would you want us to face “the best team in the world”..?! 

FWIW - I don’t think we are that bad, we’ve just had a few poor results after a good first half of the season and would have relished going up against Liverpool - but why you are bothered that we missed out on playing Liverpool, with your view on us, confuses me. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Nothing against constructive criticism. That always comes with supporting a club. This OP, and this poster, isn't that. It's just endless, repetitive, tedious, negativity, and wallowing in it. That's not support.

Been going for 60 years mate that’s being a supporter not posting on a forum. 

17 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

What excuse will LJ give tomorrow?

If we fail to get a result

Whilst I understand the frustration and even enjoy a bit schadenfreude behaviour myself occasionally, I can't help but think this is the sort of post that makes people laugh at us.

Probably a fair discussion over a pint or three before the game but not on a public forum! 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

No point replying to him now, he won’t be on here until we lose...

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

We won’t need to, he won’t show up again til the next defeat

Or when we go one down. He`s got previous for that.

It makes him look an even bigger cock when he does it though so it is funny TBF.

Archived