IGNORED

Bring Back Bobby Reid !!!

reddogkev

Bobby is the departure that has affected us the most over the last five years at least; perhaps even the last decade. We have never replaced him. Weimann plays an important role in this team but is not the answer. Bobby didn’t just score the goals; he made the whole team tick. He is the one striker we have ever had that has managed to bring the best out of Diedhiou. I don’t have confidence that the current recruitment system can find somebody that brings what Bobby did to our team. He was the glue that held it all together.

Those saying that this thread is stupid are being very harsh. Bringing him back was unrealistic even before he made his Fulham stay permanent but it is not unreasonable to say that we have never recovered from his departure.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

You think Weimann is the best all round footballer at the club? 

Certainly a quality player hence a regular in team . Premier league past. International background.  Seems to be  on a level above many of our players who do not pick out his runs.  I recall LJ saying they never thought they would land him. I think he is certainly a top player, just a shame he gets moved around the pitch as wide man, front man etc etc  

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Certainly a quality player hence a regular in team . Premier league past. International background.  Seems to be  on a level above many of our players who do not pick out his runs.  I recall LJ saying they never thought they would land him. I think he is certainly a top player, just a shame he gets moved around the pitch as wide man, front man etc etc  

Oh 100% agree with everything you just said. But the best footballer? I mean it depends what you want from a footballer i guess.

51 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

The problem with AW is hes not quite a striker, but not quite a winger/wide man either.

The reason he did poorly last year is he wasn’t good enough for the Prem - especially not in a Warnock style side.

He did at least make the right decision to go play for a team more suited to him this season. Not sure how much he has started or played in his favoured position this season but definitely a decent championship player. 

20 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The reason he did poorly last year is he wasn’t good enough for the Prem - especially not in a Warnock style side.

He did at least make the right decision to go play for a team more suited to him this season. Not sure how much he has started or played in his favoured position this season but definitely a decent championship player. 

I think he`s been mostly a sub but is getting starts now Mitrovic is injured.

Reid was quality when they moved him further forward. His best attributes was his link up play with midfield and his composure when surrounded by opposition. That’s what we are missing most at the moment and obviously a goal scorer. Still think sammy will eventually be the man to take over that role. Personally feel we should of not let him out on loan and actually set the team up to play to his strengths. 

23 hours ago, Up The City! said:

The problem with AW is hes not quite a striker, but not quite a winger/wide man either.

He's a bit of a Dirk Kuyt. I'm a fan of AW with the right service (hopefully from Kasey) but I'm more of a fan of Bobby. Totally echo all the comments that he's the player we've struggled most to replace! Who would have thought at 22 he'd develop into the player he has!? (answer - LJ and just about no-one else! :P)

Mental really.

If he hadn't 'come good' in his last season for us, I'd imagine most of us would have said, "waste of a wage, time to let him go, been here since he was a kid and can't hold down a midfield spot".

A change of position, a shed load of goals and the lad is set up for life.

Fair play to him!

Pleased for him. A shame he still isn't with us.

Archived