IGNORED

Not going tomorrow and gutted

freezer

It's fascinating to understand how people can be so negative. The '' debacle of Shrews''. Did you go? 

"Crap football" Did you go to Wigan? 

Ditto. Did you go to Fulham

Ditto. Did you go to Stoke

Ditto. Did you go to Derby

Etc. Etc. Etc

Or do you never go to away games? 

Did you even go to home games, eg Huddersfield? 

Do you know its 40yrs since we last competed regularly at this level

Did you watch our fantastic double season or was league 1 just too "crap" for you? 

Do you only watch football highlights on MoTD? 

Are you a City fan or maybe just a muddled, forum nuisance-maker? 

Would be interesting to know if you wake up able to post again today. 

Get to AG and support the same team as many of us reading this do. You will enjoy it, really. 

7 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Leeds have got 5 points from their last 5 games and WBA have 4 points from their last 5. What’s your point?

An inconvenient statistic that is studiously overlooked by a very small minority of the fan base who think a patch of poor form is reason to sack a manager with the team sitting just outside the playoff zone. 

And to echo what others have been saying, I also will be there today. I’m a season ticket holder, a City fan since childhood and I attend games regardless of results or league position. It’s called being a supporter; it’s what I do. And clearly, from the responses on this thread, it’s what a lot of other people do as well. Good on you all.

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

It's fascinating to understand how people can be so negative. The '' debacle of Shrews''. Did you go? 

"Crap football" Did you go to Wigan? 

Ditto. Did you go to Fulham

Ditto. Did you go to Stoke

Ditto. Did you go to Derby

Etc. Etc. Etc

Or do you never go to away games? 

Did you even go to home games, eg Huddersfield? 

Do you know its 40yrs since we last competed regularly at this level

Did you watch our fantastic double season or was league 1 just too "crap" for you? 

Do you only watch football highlights on MoTD? 

Are you a City fan or maybe just a muddled, forum nuisance-maker? 

Would be interesting to know if you wake up able to post again today. 

Get to AG and support the same team as many of us reading this do. You will enjoy it, really. 

Crap football.....did you got to Wigan????

I'm confused by this statement? We were awful to watch at Wigan?

If you honestly thing think the football has been anything but poor this season ( bar the odd exception) you're kidding yourself.

19 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

It's fascinating to understand how people can be so negative. The '' debacle of Shrews''. Did you go

"Crap football" Did you go to Wigan? NO

Ditto. Did you go to Fulham No not this time did go about 40yrs ago and got chucked out

Ditto. Did you go to Stoke No

Ditto. Did you go to Derby No

Etc. Etc. EtcNO, NO, NO,

Or do you never go to away games? YES to many to mention in late 60`s early 70`s

Did you even go to home games, eg Huddersfield? yes all in late 60`s early 70`s and most up till the EE GOT CHOPPED

Do you know its 40yrs since we last competed regularly at this level yes

Did you watch our fantastic double season or was league 1 just too "crap" for you? yes saw most home games

Do you only watch football highlights on MoTD?  never only live games

Are you a City fan or maybe just a muddled, forum nuisance-maker? City fan forever

Would be interesting to know if you wake up able to post again today. just waking up is good but so is the ability to follow my team and read live text reports from those there and on beeb

Get to AG and support the same team as many of us reading this do. You will enjoy it, really. no I wont I have copd and I`m fighting bowel cancer and big debts, dont like new grounds or what my clubs become, part of something else......is that ok?

7 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Leeds have got 5 points from their last 5 games and WBA have 4 points from their last 5. What’s your point?

It's obvious isn't it. I'll reply but it's pointless. These two teams have been far the best two teams in the league this season. We? well it's been hard work to watch to put it politely. 

I'm sure you're probably end up going.

I'll be there, especially trying to flog 1000 Bring Back Bobby t-shirts.

Today will be a good game, as Barnsley will be well up for this one, and as a result, we'll have to raise our game.

I don't see City definitely winning, but a 2-2 cracking game could be on the cards.

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

An inconvenient statistic that is studiously overlooked by a very small minority of the fan base who think a patch of poor form is reason to sack a manager with the team sitting just outside the playoff zone. 

And to echo what others have been saying, I also will be there today. I’m a season ticket holder, a City fan since childhood and I attend games regardless of results or league position. It’s called being a supporter; it’s what I do. And clearly, from the responses on this thread, it’s what a lot of other people do as well. Good on you all.

Thousands of us no doubt the same, but it would be nice to be anticipating the game with more enthusiasm rather than turning up because that's what we do, and have always done.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Thousands of us no doubt the same, but it would be nice to be anticipating the game with more enthusiasm rather than turning up because that's what we do, and have always done.

Aye Nogbad we've been in worse scrapes than this COYR

30 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

Well Freezer, we are just about to set off for the Gate for our 300 mile round trip from West Sussex,  looking forward to a good game and 3 pts like we do every home game, deluded some may say, a supporter, absolutely.... COYR

Well played Angmering, have a safe journey, we used to run a pub in Findon so know how long a journey it is. COYR

11 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I suppose my point was that, on current league form - and including the Shrewsbury games - that we might struggle to win the game. I'm not really interested in Leeds or West Brom at the moment.

Or Burnley for that matter!

4 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I would imagine for the many people that have to work Saturday or can’t afford to go ....would jump at the chance to watch live football and yet some people on here seem to think your  on death row when attending Ashton gate

some people need to get a grip on life 

I think that's an over reaction. I have a very good grip on life. My choice is not to attend today.

Amongst other things will spend time we two families who have lost loved ones recently.

Football isn't everything babber.

Hope you enjoy the day and the Mighty Reds win.

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

It's fascinating to understand how people can be so negative. The '' debacle of Shrews''. Did you go? No

"Crap football" Did you go to Wigan? No

Ditto. Did you go to Fulham No

Ditto. Did you go to Stoke No

Ditto. Did you go to Derby No

Etc. Etc. Etc No, No, No

Or do you never go to away games? I do but haven't so far this season

Did you even go to home games, eg Huddersfield? Yes, I go to most home games

Do you know its 40yrs since we last competed regularly at this level Yes, I've supported City since 1969

Did you watch our fantastic double season or was league 1 just too "crap" for you? I did yes, it was fantastic. A great team spirit that fed through to us fans.

Do you only watch football highlights on MoTD? No. I rarely watch MOTD

Are you a City fan or maybe just a muddled, forum nuisance-maker? I'm very much a City fan. Definitely muddled when I'm pissed mind. A "forum nuisance-maker?", I try not to be but am happy to express my views.

Would be interesting to know if you wake up able to post again today. Thankfully I did wake up today, albeit with a gert big hangover, and have plenty of time -for a change- to reply to your numerous questions 

Get to AG and support the same team as many of us reading this do. You will enjoy it, really. I haven't changed my mind and will give it a miss today. I really hope City win and will follow every second on the radio. By not going it's given me the time to do lots of other important things. 

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I wake up worrying we may be dire at home. But then I turn up anyway and sometimes we are bright as against Luton and Huddersfield.

Cheer up. You could be a Derby fan.

I hope you see a great game today. Yes, I saw the Huddersfield and Luton games, loved it and was greatly entertained. 

Hope you all are that are going today.

Up The City

ps I'll always be a City fan, even if I don't attend every game

15 hours ago, freezer said:

It's late, and I'm half pissed, so apologies if this doesn't come across properly.

I'm not going tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love City and all that goes with it, and I'll be glued to Radio Bristol to follow the game.

I really hope we win. 

But.....I don't want to watch crap football. Barnsley, have 8 points from their last 5 league games, we've got 6. So not sure if league position means that much. Are we expecting a win, probably but it might not happen. Still hurting from the Shrewsbury debacle. Can't take anymore failure close up.

Negative I know, but just how I feel. 

No problem with that mate. 

I'm staying at home too. Nipper struggles with the cold so convinced him it was best to stay. 

Will put the hifi on and look forward to a Ruby later. 

5 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

Well Freezer, we are just about to set off for the Gate for our 300 mile round trip from West Sussex,  looking forward to a good game and 3 pts like we do every home game, deluded some may say, a supporter, absolutely.... COYR

Used to work in Worthing some years ago and enjoyed the general area a lot. S Used to go to a pub called The Gribble a lot, towards Chichester. Miss their steak and kidney suet puddings. Spend much of my time in Eastbourne too. Sussex is a great area. 

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Used to work in Worthing some years ago and enjoyed the general area a lot. S Used to go to a pub called The Gribble a lot, towards Chichester. Miss their steak and kidney suet puddings. Spend much of my time in Eastbourne too. Sussex is a great area. 

We live between Worthing and Arundel, bit of luck for us to end up here as it was a company relocation in the mid 90’s, long drive to the football but as you say its a great area, have been to the Gribble Inn a couple of times, ??

Archived