IGNORED

Matty Taylor

MATT BCFC

I believe he can be recalled this month? 

I am by no means his biggest fan but could we save ourselves a bit of money and give him a run of games in the number 9 role. 

Always feels like he’s played more as a number 10 for us when at Rovers and Oxford he has been played as a number 9.

I am of the view that we are more suited to a 3-5-2. We have a very good number 10 in Weimann but since Afobe got injured we haven’t had a number 9 who can play on last man and stretch the play.

Gives a bit more options in terms of how we can play. Can play more possession based football with Weimann and Taylor upfront and then more direct style with Fam and Weimann upfront. Could even play all 3.

Let’s be honest to get anyone who’s a Championship ready striker in this window is gonna cost a lot. Can take a punt on someone like Hogan but he’s hardly set the world alight recently or get someone from aboard who’s probably gonna need time to adapt.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

9 in 22 matches. Can't get in the team?

Anyhow, not an improvement and therefore no reason to recall.

It's not all about goals scored, it's also about what you add to the team.

We're a better team when he's playing.

Get him back and add a bit of enthusiasm to the team.

MTIAR

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Think Matty lifts the atmosphere at the Gate when he comes on and seems to rejuvenate both fans and the team. Plus I understand  he’s good in the dressing room, something I feel may have been missing in recent weeks.

He does indeed. And he, alongside Pato are a mischievous pair off the pitch.

I don’t think generally he is what we want for top 6, although he has won me over from my initial view. But I can think of plenty of worse options!  Add bite and shithousery too  

Think we are waiting to see what the striker situation is, and if we get to the end of the window and still looking short I think he’ll be recalled. Otherwise I think his deal would’ve been made permanent by now.  Might be wrong though. 

Archived