IGNORED

Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day 28

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Why don’t you try Ashton Gate and see if we win there? 

Live in Lincolnshire  and watch away games these days, although family circumstances have limited even these in the last couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think he's ever threaded a ball through to Fam successfully. 

Fam is more a back to goal striker anyway. 

But they have barely played together, with time if Pato can learn to play though balls to Fam I have no doubt that Palmer can do the same, plus I also have no doubt that with a little time Palmer can read Fams flicks and break beyond him, considering it took Martley Watkins 1 game to start to do the same. 

Instinctively Palmer will be able to link with a player like afobe, but I will not accept he cannot learn to effectively play with Famara.

3 minutes ago, boatman said:

Barnsley are actually on a rather good run. Having won something like 6 out of their last 7, so today might not be quite as easy as some might think.

Cripes. I already thought we’d struggle. I feared they would win by one or two so, if it is not as easy as I think, then we may get beat by three or four...

Is Marley injured again or have his lottery numbers stopped coming up?

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Cripes. I already thought we’d struggle. I feared they would win by one or two so, if it is not as easy as I think, then we may get beat by three or four...

He's injured, couple of weeks away from the last presser.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Plus their number 11 a bloke called Chaplin has scored about 7 goals in the last 10, they picked him up on a free transfer in the summer from Coventry. Makes a bit of a mockery compared to us spending millions upon millions.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not talking about today specifically, but since we’re talking formations what would people think about 4-2-3-1, something like:-

Bentley

Hunt - Kalas - Moore - Dasilva

Brownhill - Smith

Paterson - Palmer - Eliasson

Famara

Have we tried this at all?

No we havent but Id love it. No chance LJ would drop Weimann though, hes already said so

24 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Are you really telling me that a player with the obvious talent of Palmer cannot work out Famaras runs and play the ball to him? He will not have the instinctive relationship with Fam that he does with Afobe, but there is no reason why if you play a stable team he can't learn Fams runs and where to position himself when fam receives the ball. 

Palmer can play a pass but it requires the right run, Fammy is not an off the ball player, in fact it's probably the weakest part of his game after his first touch.

As JonDolman said:

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think he's ever threaded a ball through to Fam successfully. 

Fam is more a back to goal striker anyway. 

Fammy tends to receive the ball with his back to the goal, Weimann on the other hand makes a lot of runs off of the ball, his issue is that he runs wide rather than on angles that lead into the middle so when we play with them both upfront you have one looking to receive the ball with his back to goal and one getting behind the defence but more in a position to cross or cut in than to cause any real problems.

Afobes runs were direct but angled from wide meaning he'd be marked by a full back or centre back who'd been pulled out wide but would get behind them as he was coming central, this is a prime run for someone like Palmer to play in. I honestly feel this is why we took a chance by going back for Nketiah, he makes those runs and it's what we're missing in attack as none of our strikers do it.

4 minutes ago, boatman said:

Plus their number 11 a bloke called Chaplin has scored about 7 goals in the last 10, they picked him up on a free transfer in the summer from Coventry. Makes a bit of a mockery compared to us spending millions upon millions.

Does it make a mockery? They’re 22nd, we’re 9th.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Don't let facts get in the way of some good Johnson bashing...

Not bashing but just a shame we cannot find a striker.

For the record I would give Johnson until the Summer. His 4 years has shown progress and sometimes the grass isn’t always green. These last 4 years have been good if you compare our last 20-30 year history.

Archived