IGNORED

Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day 28

6 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Pass accuracy at 62% is shocking 

This has been a worry for a while now. We’ve been done by our own mistakes whilst sloppy in possession too often this season. 

Happy with the win but my word, we’re a long way off.

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Couldn’t agree more with your final comment.

Atleast we can agree on something 

So in other words, you’re still happy to assume anyone who dares to question whether our coach is the best person to take us forwards, must want us to lose each game? It’s an insulting and dim-witted assumption.

Some of us are capable of more complex thought processes.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You don't name the players as per my question but how many are strikers and of those players who would you have had us sign?

Cavaleiro, who was already at Fulham and who they signed for £15m presumably excluded.

You didn’t say name strikers though did you!

Millwall signed Woods, Fulham signed a keeper and Kongolo, Barnsley signed some foreign midfielder, Huddersfield signed a left back...

Not sure what you want me to prove. Even premier league clubs are making signings which, if you believe what is said, is practically impossible to do in January!

29 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Poor league this year in respect of so many teams are being inconsistent

I appreciate we are level on points but I genuinely don't think we have a hope in hell of making the top 6 come end of the season. We look so poor 

The real frustrating thing is anyone in the top 8-10 is one good run away from flying into that top 6 and hitting the playoffs running 

It just won't be us 

I’ve made it clear recently I’m concerned about Johnson and I do feel someone else could get more from this squad.

But equally you can’t say we don’t have “a hope in hell” of finishing in the play offs when we’re joint 6th after 28 games. Quite clearly we do have a chance, and after that many games clearly other teams around us can’t be that superior if we’re about level on points.

Still concerned about performances, but happy to keep an open mind about what we could still achieve. One way or another, we are still in the hunt and there’s no harm in acknowledging that.

Strange game. Poor finishing from both sides but I thought we always looked more likely to score. 

Some observations for LJ to ponder; our movement off the ball was non existent for throw-ins and I felt for the thrower - he had no clear options and ultimately had to take pot luck  - a throw should be an advantage but we hardly used them at all to our benefit. 

Secondly, why take Pato off? Him, Weimann and Elliasson were the most committed in my book - making runs, busy and being a complete nuisance. No disrespect to O’Dowda but I wouldn’t have made that change - having said that, we scored immediately after, so possibly a master stroke - hey, what do I know?!!!!

great 3 points and still up there fighting with the promotion pack. With Leeds losing its a good weekend so far!!! :)

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You didn’t say name strikers though did you!

Millwall signed Woods, Fulham signed a keeper and Kongolo, Barnsley signed some foreign midfielder, Huddersfield signed a left back...

Not sure what you want me to prove. Even premier league clubs are making signings which, if you believe what is said, is practically impossible to do in January!

You suggest that it is somehow a unique Bristol City excuse that signing players in January is difficult, though that appears to be the view of every club in the country. More so when it comes to strikers of course.

Your list is both short - naturally as there have been few notable signings as usual at this point - and includes nobody who would meet our needs.

What advice would you give the club? Bear in mind that many fans are demanding a proven 20 goal striker.

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

All about opinions, Ole talked about the Shrewsbury game like we deserved to win and passed the ball around well, my friends that went told me today we had been rubbish, there you go.  

I look for a performance that suggests we would be likely to win. That means creating good opportunities to score, and limiting the opposition. Whether we do that through passing, countering, crossing, long balls - I'm not bothered. Some of those styles look better than others. All I really want is for us to make half a dozen good strong scoring chances each game. Whether we score them or not is another matter btw.

We did that today. We got a bit lucky at the other end as well, and there's definitely some work to do still on limiting the opponent's chances, but on balance today was effective if not all that pretty.

In my opinion etc etc.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You suggest that it is somehow a unique Bristol City excuse that signing players in January is difficult, though that appears to be the view of every club in the country. More so when it comes to strikers of course.

Your list is both short - naturally as there have been few notable signings as usual at this point - and includes nobody who would meet our needs.

What advice would you give the club? Bear in mind that many fans are demanding a proven 20 goal striker.

Sign someone...

Or at least start with someone vaguely interested in joining us!

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I look for a performance that suggests we would be likely to win. That means creating good opportunities to score, and limiting the opposition. Whether we do that through passing, countering, crossing, long balls - I'm not bothered. Some of those styles look better than others. All I really want is for us to make half a dozen good strong scoring chances each game. Whether we score them or not is another matter btw.

We did that today. We got a bit lucky at the other end as well, and there's definitely some work to do still on limiting the opponent's chances, but on balance today was effective if not all that pretty.

In my opinion etc etc.

Glad you enjoyed it and pleased that we won for the supporters that went today, but still find it frustrating that despite fairly massive investment (comparatively) we still have little consistency and struggle to beat teams like Barnsley, let's hope we can gain some confidence and put in the performances that we all feel they should be putting in.  

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Glad you enjoyed it and pleased that we won for the supporters that went today, but still find it frustrating that despite fairly massive investment (comparatively) we still have little consistency and struggle to beat teams like Barnsley, let's hope we can gain some confidence and put in the performances that we all feel they should be putting in.  

Oh absolutely mate. One swallow doesn't make a summer and one half decent and deserved win is not a full season. I'm just trying to give credit where it's due: today was better than the past few months.

3pts and a clean sheet will take...... But that didn't tell the whole story... Again a lacklustre performance with no direction and predictable pattern. Today we looked for a performance and it didn't come. Only for a last burst of JD did we turn a screw against a bottom 3 team well drilled but far from good seemed to dominate the midfield and if it wasn't for CW being out we'd of been punished. You have to ask why we can't raise our game?? Even the most staunch city fan watching that today up until our break through most admit it's poor and a better team would of punished us. 2 weeks to make a difference, will it happen? I think not..... 

35 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Any signs of incomings in the post match 

He said we really need a couple of reinforcements , none on the immediate horizon but they were trying.  Nothing much moving but needed the domino effect to kick in.

I sensed he was a bit frustrated, perhaps not making subs was his way of making a point to the Board in the same way Cott's did when he didn't fill his bench. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Strange game. Poor finishing from both sides but I thought we always looked more likely to score. 

Some observations for LJ to ponder; our movement off the ball was non existent for throw-ins and I felt for the thrower - he had no clear options and ultimately had to take pot luck  - a throw should be an advantage but we hardly used them at all to our benefit. 

Secondly, why take Pato off? Him, Weimann and Elliasson were the most committed in my book - making runs, busy and being a complete nuisance. No disrespect to O’Dowda but I wouldn’t have made that change - having said that, we scored immediately after, so possibly a master stroke - hey, what do I know?!!!!

great 3 points and still up there fighting with the promotion pack. With Leeds losing its a good weekend so far!!! :)

I wondered if Pato was just about lack of game time first half of the season, and he'd done a lot of running. Unusual to get to the 75th minute without LJ making a sub, and I really wasn't sure who he'd take off, there wasn't really anyone having a bad game today.

Archived