IGNORED

Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day 28

56 minutes ago, Port Red said:

He said we really need a couple of reinforcements , none on the immediate horizon but they were trying.  Nothing much moving but needed the domino effect to kick in.

I sensed he was a bit frustrated, perhaps not making subs was his way of making a point to the Board in the same way Cott's did when he didn't fill his bench. 

Maybe Steve Lansdown is making his own point by keeping his wallet firmly closed .

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ve made it clear recently I’m concerned about Johnson and I do feel someone else could get more from this squad.

But equally you can’t say we don’t have “a hope in hell” of finishing in the play offs when we’re joint 6th after 28 games. Quite clearly we do have a chance, and after that many games clearly other teams around us can’t be that superior if we’re about level on points.

Still concerned about performances, but happy to keep an open mind about what we could still achieve. One way or another, we are still in the hunt and there’s no harm in acknowledging that.

I know you're being measured on this, but I will add one point to temper the optimism...

Before our next game, Forest play Luton and Reading at home. Even a win and a draw would mean they're 4 points ahead of us.

Also before we play, Swansea play Stoke and Preston play Barnsley.

We could quite believable be 9th and 4 points behind the playoffs in a week. Suddenly we're anxious again.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I know you're being measured on this, but I will add one point to temper the optimism...

Before our next game, Forest play Luton and Reading at home. Even a win and a draw would mean they're 4 points ahead of us.

We could quite believable be 9th and 4 points behind the playoffs in a week. Suddenly we're anxious again.

But obviously all the sides around us are as inconsistent and unpredictable as we are - or they wouldn’t be on similar points. So they are just as likely to drop points as us.

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah but we’re just starting out on another Streaky Lee run now. We’ll be 8 points clear at the top by March........

Hes only gone and stitched us all up and timed his relegation form run to perfection this season!!

Archived