IGNORED

New Nickname for LJ...

formerly known as ivan

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Could even call it 3 wins in 4 and 3 clean sheets. 

The clean sheets bit is big imho....certainly after criticism (and rightly so) of our defence of late.

I know it sounds negative but Coach Kapoulas at Bristol Flyers always says “our defence fuels our offence”.  Pre-game I thought, start with a clean-sheet and build from there.  That isn’t saying don’t attack, just don’t do anything stupid.  Bar one Jay soft back-pass we created our lines well today.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The clean sheets bit is big imho....certainly after criticism (and rightly so) of our defence of late.

I know it sounds negative but Coach Kapoulas at Bristol Flyers always says “our defence fuels our offence”.  Pre-game I thought, start with a clean-sheet and build from there.  That isn’t saying don’t attack, just don’t do anything stupid.  Bar one Jay soft back-pass we created our lines well today.

Coach Kapoulas.......are you an American??

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

One thing i'll say about him is he is VERY immature

Today at the final whistle he walked towards the Barnsley fans, applauded them then did the celebratory punching celebration towards them.

This on top of many other childish things he's got involved in. The man is supposed to be a Manager/ head coach not think like fan or player

SHOCKING!   No, they were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Tough shit, and I'd have done the same.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Glad you cleared that one up Appy

When mentioned, if true , wouldn’t  have been impressed

But if as you say above they were giving him some.....

Fair play to him , I would have done as well

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Agreed. If the Barnsley fans can dish it out they can hardly moan if LJ gives a bit back. As long as it’s sensible no issues. Doesn’t sound like LJ overstepped the line.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Glad you cleared that one up Appy

When mentioned, if true , wouldn’t  have been impressed

But if as you say above they were giving him some.....

Fair play to him , I would have done as well

They gave more than their fair share of abuse, so I don’t blame him too much for enjoying the moment (and it was just a moment, a few seconds at most before he went to “chat” to the ref).

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Polyfilla!

Great for covering cracks but you know you should really get someone else in to do a proper job!

What a snidey, pathetic, anonymous excuse you (and others like you)are, for a so called “supporter”! 

It’s getting tiresome now and the whole club would probably be better off without your sort. Imo. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Could even call it 3 wins in 4 and 3 clean sheets. 

Or you could call it “vendetta” or “insecurity” or maybe just “being a shit stirring little tosser” 

Either way, it’s about time that those who appreciate us being contenders for the top 6 (after 28 games, so no flash in the pan) stopped giving these tosser the attention that they crave. 

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Today at the final whistle he walked towards the Barnsley fans, applauded them then did the celebratory punching celebration towards them.

This on top of many other childish things he's got involved in. The man is supposed to be a Manager/ head coach not think like fan or player

Brilliant. It’s a 10 from me...

52 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed. If the Barnsley fans can dish it out they can hardly moan if LJ gives a bit back. As long as it’s sensible no issues. Doesn’t sound like LJ overstepped the line.

Thing is though, it’s not even the Barnsley fans moaning - it’s one of our own fans in post #21 above. 

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

And some said relegation battle was looming. 

RedDave - I'm one of those that genuinely proposed a question about a potential relegation battle if we dropped like a stone on a run of 8-10 bad results (which we have had historically). I'm grateful that the team won today....despite not playing well.....I concede that we have had 2 results go our way....but the manner of those wins is worrying....we are playing like a team IN a relegation battle.....I have never wished for our team to lose....just hope that we find our form soon.

I sincerely hope that, once we've pipped 6th, we can both enjoy a promotion battle....and laugh about this period retrospectively.....I still thought my question (in the context of the time it was posted) was valid...and I stand by that. 

I believe that we all (humanity) are losing the ability to disagree amicably.......all of this is, after all, opinion. 

15 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Yes, THE way he acted was like he'd won the title, there was no need need to go upto the away fans and gee them up, another game he got away with, JUST, 

Archived