Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

formerly known as ivan

New Nickname for LJ...

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Polyfilla!

Great for covering cracks but you know you should really get someone else in to do a proper job!

Comedy. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Two league wins in a row. Some gutted people on here tonight 

Could even call it 3 wins in 4 and 3 clean sheets. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oh look who’s here to stir it up . Pathetic, he’s having a laugh. Get a grip 

Hi mate. Hope you’re well. Just a football forum remember 

• Hedgehog 1

38 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Polyfilla!

Great for covering cracks but you know you should really get someone else in to do a proper job!

Another much needed and mature thread...

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Steady, I thought we were heading for a relegation battle

1 hour ago, Sparkz 76 said:

The lucky leprechaun 

Just say you personally hate Johnson and don’t want him to succeed and move on...

• Like 1

Do fans actually want City to lose so LJ gets the boot? Surely not....?

It was a tight game today and yes i think we was lucky to get the 3 points, lets just get drunk, hug and enjoy the win....up the City

• Like 1

One thing i'll say about him is he is VERY immature

Today at the final whistle he walked towards the Barnsley fans, applauded them then did the celebratory punching celebration towards them.

This on top of many other childish things he's got involved in. The man is supposed to be a Manager/ head coach not think like fan or player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Two league wins in a row. Some gutted people on here tonight 

People still post shit like this?

32 minutes ago, yardy said:

Do fans actually want City to lose so LJ gets the boot? Surely not....?

It was a tight game today and yes i think we was lucky to get the 3 points, lets just get drunk, hug and enjoy the win....up the City

No we don't. Some people like to think that is the case though just to fit their agenda 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I thought so. I was inspired by my choice to stay at home to do some DIY!

probably for the best, don't need fans moaning gits like you there

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

Yeah...lets fill the place with apathy instead

Or supporters who get behind the team, especially when they need them most when going thru a difficult period.

Much better than a prat who stays at home and then comes on here to talksh1t 

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Or supporters who get behind the team, especially when they need them most when going thru a difficult period.

Much better than a prat who stays at home and then comes on here to talksh1t 

you are talking about modern Bristol City fans arent you ? Even when its going well its like a Morgue.

And when its shite its hardly any different bar the game against Brentford where  boo's could be heard.

The only griping you hear is on this forum or facebook and even then the fans go to the games. those that don't are minimal

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Polyfilla!

Oh how stunningly witty and original.

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

Today at the final whistle he walked towards the Barnsley fans, applauded them then did the celebratory punching celebration towards them.

This on top of many other childish things he's got involved in. The man is supposed to be a Manager/ head coach not think like fan or player

What I thought was really funny, was watching LJ giving DaSilva a bollocking for nearly losing the ball in front of goal, was never his fault because the ball passed to him was crap - Right behind him Macha was clapping the same player for keeping control and getting out of trouble!

priceless!

Edited by dave36

3 hours ago, Harry said:

The clean sheets bit is big imho....certainly after criticism (and rightly so) of our defence of late.

I know it sounds negative but Coach Kapoulas at Bristol Flyers always says “our defence fuels our offence”.  Pre-game I thought, start with a clean-sheet and build from there.  That isn’t saying don’t attack, just don’t do anything stupid.  Bar one Jay soft back-pass we created our lines well today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The clean sheets bit is big imho....certainly after criticism (and rightly so) of our defence of late.

I know it sounds negative but Coach Kapoulas at Bristol Flyers always says “our defence fuels our offence”.  Pre-game I thought, start with a clean-sheet and build from there.  That isn’t saying don’t attack, just don’t do anything stupid.  Bar one Jay soft back-pass we created our lines well today.

Coach Kapoulas.......are you an American?😜

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

SHOCKING!   No, they were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Tough shit, and I'd have done the same.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Glad you cleared that one up Appy

When mentioned, if true , wouldn’t  have been impressed

But if as you say above they were giving him some.....

Fair play to him , I would have done as well

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were singing you're getting sacked in the morning and Johnson is a manual manipulator etc etc

Agreed. If the Barnsley fans can dish it out they can hardly moan if LJ gives a bit back. As long as it’s sensible no issues. Doesn’t sound like LJ overstepped the line.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Glad you cleared that one up Appy

When mentioned, if true , wouldn’t  have been impressed

But if as you say above they were giving him some.....

Fair play to him , I would have done as well

They gave more than their fair share of abuse, so I don’t blame him too much for enjoying the moment (and it was just a moment, a few seconds at most before he went to “chat” to the ref).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Polyfilla!

What a snidey, pathetic, anonymous excuse you (and others like you)are, for a so called “supporter”! 

It’s getting tiresome now and the whole club would probably be better off without your sort. Imo. 

• Like 3

Polyfilla!

🛎🔚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Or you could call it “vendetta” or “insecurity” or maybe just “being a shit stirring little tosser” 

Either way, it’s about time that those who appreciate us being contenders for the top 6 (after 28 games, so no flash in the pan) stopped giving these tosser the attention that they crave. 

Polyfilla!

coffee yawn GIF by Paul McCartney

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Brilliant. It’s a 10 from me...

52 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed. If the Barnsley fans can dish it out they can hardly moan if LJ gives a bit back. As long as it’s sensible no issues. Doesn’t sound like LJ overstepped the line.

Thing is though, it’s not even the Barnsley fans moaning - it’s one of our own fans in post #21 above. 

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

And some said relegation battle was looming. 

RedDave - I'm one of those that genuinely proposed a question about a potential relegation battle if we dropped like a stone on a run of 8-10 bad results (which we have had historically). I'm grateful that the team won today....despite not playing well.....I concede that we have had 2 results go our way....but the manner of those wins is worrying....we are playing like a team IN a relegation battle.....I have never wished for our team to lose....just hope that we find our form soon.

I sincerely hope that, once we've pipped 6th, we can both enjoy a promotion battle....and laugh about this period retrospectively.....I still thought my question (in the context of the time it was posted) was valid...and I stand by that. 

I believe that we all (humanity) are losing the ability to disagree amicably.......all of this is, after all, opinion. 

• Robin 1

15 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Yes, THE way he acted was like he'd won the title, there was no need need to go upto the away fans and gee them up, another game he got away with, JUST,