Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I must have dreamt the 10 or so occasions Barnsley ran 40-50 yards straight down the middle of us?

Imo the only midfield player who put in a proper shift was Paterson. Onwards we go.

Yep. Brownhill looking shattered. Couldnt get back at various times. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I must have dreamt the 10 or so occasions Barnsley ran 40-50 yards straight down the middle of us?

Imo the only midfield player who put in a proper shift was Paterson. Onwards we go.

Indeed. Classic case of people seeing what they want to see from players they like, and particular favourites.   I love Korey, but hes clearly nowhere up to last years pace yet.  That's understandable,  but lets not pretend it isn't true.

• Like 9
37 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly how I saw it too. Paterson MOM.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

What a difference he made today. Really missed that kind of player in there at times.

One of the few players that I look at and feel it genuinely hurts him when things are not going well. Everything about this guy screams leader and captain

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Ecko said:

I must be the only person who thinks that since his injury, Smith is way past his best and today he was mediocre. 

Needs to be replaced in the summer, unforuatnatly.

No you’re not the only one. Takes an age to get the ball under control, so slow, lost it numerous times and they ran beyond him (and Brownhill) numerous times. I thought that as a pair they were really quite poor.

A reasonable option to have to maybe tighten up a game with an extra midfielder but he is not the answer if we are serious about a top 6 spot.

A few decent performances today but for me, Smith and Brownhill were not one of them.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jonb said:

Indeed. Classic case of people seeing what they want to see from players they like, and particular favourites.   I love Korey, but hes clearly nowhere up to last years pace yet.  That's understandable,  but lets not pretend it isn't true.

I agree 100 % with this. The comment I made in another thread was:

“The midfield was totally overrun today. The two players who could have added any bit of defensive stability were Brownhill and Smith. Both failed miserably so I’d give both a 4. Smith flattered you deceive with a few good bits interspersed with giving the ball away far too often “

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Yep. Brownhill looking shattered. Couldnt get back at various times. 

⬇️

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Absolutely anonymous. 

Hugely needs a rest.

What we are seeing from Korey is really decent break up and interception play, but on the ball he hadn’t regained that sharpness.  Hopefully he will get that back, it’s tough being out for so long.

As for Josh, miles off it today, both metaphorically and positionally.  Awful performance, just looked like he was running in treacle.  Never got close to him man to put any pressure.  Who knows, might’ve been ill all week?  Could have other things on his mind - Burnley?  Was a passenger today, and although I’d say he’s not been in the greatest form of late, he’s never been this bad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️

What we are seeing from Korey is really decent break up and interception play, but on the ball he hadn’t regained that sharpness.  Hopefully he will get that back, it’s tough being out for so long.

As for Josh, miles off it today, both metaphorically and positionally.  Awful performance, just looked like he was running in treacle.  Never got close to him man to put any pressure.  Who knows, might’ve been ill all week?  Could have other things on his mind - Burnley?  Was a passenger today, and although I’d say he’s not been in the greatest form of late, he’s never been this bad.

If it came out that Brownhill was playing through a virus or illness I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest. That is exactly how it looked. Players run around and have bad games, it happens, but Brownhill looked like he barely had enough in the tank to put one foot in front of the other!!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Can't understand why he's not been rested, it's not fair on the player

Because, despite his poor games, hes the only one of the midfield with the ability to get in front of the forwards.  Bluntly, he offers a goal threat that none of our other midfielders do - which is why he always plays (and I'm not defending his performance today!!)

Thought he had a shocker. Absolutely brilliant during the promotion season and devastated by unfortunate injuries by no fault of his own. Ditch the sentimentality and get well rid once his contract is up in the summer, he has earned enough here. He will however go down as a very good player we had in the past.

• Like 2

Looks like I’m a minority on this one but thought Smith was very good and had that bite about him that we’ve missed. Also thought Brownhill was an improvement on recent performances drove forward more and showed a bit of work rate which he didn’t previous weeks

41 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Wrote before the game: Nagy before Smith. Think our midfield is better with Nagy. His ankle will be ok and I think Nagy is important for us.

I agree with the first part, but not with the second. 

If he needs an ankle operation (sure I read that on here somewhere, apologies if wrong) then I think we'd be better off letting him have the op and recalling Morell for now. 

When all are fit and on form we have good options in midfield.

7 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I agree with the first part, but not with the second. 

If he needs an ankle operation (sure I read that on here somewhere, apologies if wrong) then I think we'd be better off letting him have the op and recalling Morell for now. 

When all are fit and on form we have good options in midfield.

The scan was ok and he dont need operation. He will be 100 fit again, Nagy said that in an interwiev, Robins on the wire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

The scan was ok and he dont need operation. He will be 100 fit again, Nagy said that in an interwiev, Robins on the wire.

That's great. I just hope he is genuinely allowed to become fully match fit before we start him. 

You could have driven a tank though the centre of our midfield at times yesterday,  especially second half. Our central defenders were left horribly exposed and we were extremely lucky not to concede, due mainly to their poor finishing rather than our defending. That and Bentley’s goalkeeping. 

I must be the only person on OTIB who thinks we miss Pack In there and that he shouldn’t have been sold to Cardiff. LJ said something recently about wanting a physical presence in CM. We’ll probably end up paying more to recruit someone to replace Marlon than we received for letting him go.

• Like 3