IGNORED

Stay of execution?

Dynamite Red

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Dreadful again but we will pretend we are playoff contenders. Win is a win fair enough delighted with clean sheet but going nowhere with this football. Look where in the table our last 3 league wins are from. Today changes nothing

You can’t be level on points with 6th after 28 games and not be contenders.

Please don’t interpret that as pro-LJ; it isn’t. Performances aren’t meriting the results. But let’s not dismiss our chances altogether when there is very clearly still all to play for.

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Clearly

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can’t be level on points with 6th after 28 games and not be contenders.

Please don’t interpret that as pro-LJ; it isn’t. Performances aren’t meriting the results. But let’s not dismiss our chances altogether when there is very clearly still all to play for.

At the risk of sounding overly negative I have completely written off the chances we will b3 top 6 come matchday 46. There is no evidence in the 28 games that makes me feel otherwise. Most will disagree and I get it but is how I feel. Maybe a couple decent forwards changes my mood but I can’t look past our many flaws. Barnsley outplayed us today. They were the better footballing side and outside CB and maybe LB they were better all over the park imo. 

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

It amazes me that you could know such things...

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

At the risk of sounding overly negative I have completely written off the chances we will b3 top 6 come matchday 46. There is no evidence in the 28 games that makes me feel otherwise. Most will disagree and I get it but is how I feel. Maybe a couple decent forwards changes my mood but I can’t look past our many flaws. Barnsley outplayed us today. They were the better footballing side and outside CB and maybe LB they were better all over the park imo. 

Other than the league table?

2 minutes ago, Highguy said:

People said this weeks ago but... we are still there! Just suck it up, you are a bit pissed off we won everyone knows that! Enjoy it for the evening at least then get back to boring everyone tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

People said this weeks ago but... we are still there! Just suck it up, you are a bit pissed off we won everyone knows that! Enjoy it for the evening at least then get back to boring everyone tomorrow?

He won’t sleep well tonight...

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not pissed off we won pissed off at poor performance and im not letting beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best to them hide it

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

He won’t sleep well tonight...

Ill sleep like a baby tonight bud dw about me

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Other than the league table?

We can argue back and forth but it won’t accomplish anything. League table doesn’t convince me at all we will be top 6. It is telling me right now we won’t be and performances are telling me we won’t be 8th either. Again you want to be positive about Barnsley outplaying us at home I am all for it. 3 points is 3 points but  for me it is just delaying the inevitable sacking of LJ. 

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Not pissed off we won pissed off at poor performance and im not letting beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best to them hide it

Ill sleep like a baby tonight bud dw about me

Don’t suck that tit too hard mind...

10 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Just to make sure i have done the maths right. How do we have 44 points by “beating 3 poor teams”??

By having a Dianne Abbott degree in Mathematics!

49 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Third from bottom Barnsley didn't  deserve to lose that against a very poor City.

Bollocks.

Sorry not replied earlier but Ive been out this afternoon watching city.

You obviously also saw the game to write such an informative post. 

Do you live close to the ground? Do you post from the ground? That post must have been sent as the final whistle went

Negativity, with no first hand knowledge.

Radio Bristol was it?

I have a season ticket in the South stand, where do you sit?

Clever you ain't!!!

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

We can argue back and forth but it won’t accomplish anything. League table doesn’t convince me at all we will be top 6. It is telling me right now we won’t be and performances are telling me we won’t be 8th either. Again you want to be positive about Barnsley outplaying us at home I am all for it. 3 points is 3 points but  for me it is just delaying the inevitable sacking of LJ. 

I mean the football isn’t great (understatement of the decade). But how do you honestly expect to get a top tier manager in that everyone wants if you send out the message that sacking LJ would right now? He has improved final standings season on season, overseen a period which has seen us bring in tens of millions in player sales, has us out of the play offs on goal difference as it stands. The expectation on the new manager would have to be promotion or the sack? Or would you take a lower league position but pleasing on the eye football?

Who said Barnsley were dreadful is an idiot. They were pretty good with the ball up until in and around the box. i can't see them going down if they can address this tbh.

Unlucky for them to lose, but we needed another win by hook or by crook and I'll take today's.

Well done, LJ and the boys for the win.

Not very convincing, but confidence needs to be built up again, so this will certainly do.

Jay and Niklas are the two quality stand out players we have, and what a lovely goal.

Archived