IGNORED

Stay of execution?

Dynamite Red

54 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Stuck with a manager who has us a point off the play offs? I can handle that

It’s the annual slide from automatic contention that’s the problem.

we seem to have got ourselves into the mind set that ‘progress’ is defined by how much we arrest post Christmas decline.

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

I mean the football isn’t great (understatement of the decade). But how do you honestly expect to get a top tier manager in that everyone wants if you send out the message that sacking LJ would right now? He has improved final standings season on season, overseen a period which has seen us bring in tens of millions in player sales, has us out of the play offs on goal difference as it stands. The expectation on the new manager would have to be promotion or the sack? Or would you take a lower league position but pleasing on the eye football?

I’d be understanding if we had to break it down a bit to build it back up. Meaning I’d get rid now so someone new could assess the squad for 15 games or so and mould it in the summer with the same backing LJ has received. Playoffs would be preferable next season but depending on results and performances(because I like to balance them) he would get another year. For me this is risky but imo just as risky as sticking with LJ. I get most won’t think this way but I’d prefer to be bold. And it doesn’t have to be a big name just someone hungry and has an identity. I have no names but imagine Norwich and Huddersfield weren’t convinced with the hirings of Farke and Wagner.

54 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

They're 3rd Bottom and at times rang rings around us. The league's shows how poor they are yet we struggle to put 2 passes together.

They definitely didn’t run rings around us at any point if that game.

10 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Not pissed off we won pissed off at poor performance and im not letting beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best to them hide it

Ill sleep like a baby tonight bud dw about me

No one are mugs in this division. They have got two draws against wba and Beat Millwall and Fulham 

27 minutes ago, Highguy said:

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

I didn’t think we looked poor, I thought there were some real positives but we did look like a side lacking confidence.  We did, however, create the clearest chances and should have had at least three which would have made the scoreline very respectable.  I thought the game was entertaining and we got three points at the end of it, so can’t see much to complain about.  Three wins out of four, all clean sheets.  Keep your fingers crossed though, I’d hate you to be disappointed by us being successful.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No, it wasnt. Dreadful is getting smashed 3/4/5 nil, not a one nil home win.

Funny you should say that, we performed the same way today as the Brentford game, shows the vast difference in this division. Well happy with a 1-0 home win will definitely take that but polyfilla is definitely not the answer on this job.

1 hour ago, Sparkz 76 said:

8E7B4A12-DEF8-427F-B41F-BE2275B767BF.png

Barnsley played some good stuff and we weren’t fantastic but we still created 4 absolutely gilt edged chances and could’ve won by more. 

Personally I’m just delighted we won.... I swear some people on here are happier when we get hammered and they have more to moan about....

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d be understanding if we had to break it down a bit to build it back up. Meaning I’d get rid now so someone new could assess the squad for 15 games or so and mould it in the summer with the same backing LJ has received. Playoffs would be preferable next season but depending on results and performances(because I like to balance them) he would get another year. For me this is risky but imo just as risky as sticking with LJ. I get most won’t think this way but I’d prefer to be bold. And it doesn’t have to be a big name just someone hungry and has an identity. I have no names but imagine Norwich and Huddersfield weren’t convinced with the hirings of Farke and Wagner.

I mean yeah great shout if it worked. Not sure man if any football club would take the risk. It would send out all the wrong signals

32 minutes ago, Highguy said:

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

Could say the same about us seen pub teams with better finishing ?

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Barnsley played some good stuff and we weren’t fantastic but we still created 4 absolutely gilt edged chances and could’ve won by more. 

Personally I’m just delighted we won.... I swear some people on here are happier when we get hammered and they have more to moan about....

Can there be any other team in the league who could win 3 of their last 4 games and be level on points with a team in the playoffs, and still have fans who would want the gaffer sacked?

I don't think we were dreadful in that game, just not particularly good at times.

Barnsley looked neat, and tidy; and should have taken at least one of their good chances. That said not many saves for either keeper in the game.

Great save to push Williams header onto the crossbar in the 1st half though, after we had already hit the post througb one if tbeir players.

Yes, we rode our luck at times; but then so did they. Two teams who looked far from clinical in their respective finishing.

Reminded me of the home game against Hull last year (93rd min Fammy winner) after countless misses for both teams. You could see the First team to score would won the game.

3 wins in 4 (yes I know against the bottom 3, but you still have to win them), and all clean sheets.

10 days break, followed by a winnable game at Reading.

It's a funny old season; even Wed got hammered at home to Blackburn. Most teams are much of a muchness.

Hopefully a couple of signings, and Afobe back in March; and we might sneak in there with Kalas back to his best as well.

I'm not a LJ supporter, but hard to make the argument for change at the moment, whilst still being able to grind out results (in the league of course.)

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A win but without an obvious game plan and goal shy  - just like GJ was. ...........surely you must see that? 

It’s my opinion that you don’t win a game in the championship without a game plan.

One may not be able to see it or even agree with it, but there would have been a plan and ultimately it worked. 

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It’s my opinion that you don’t win a game in the championship without a game plan.

One may not be able to see it or even agree with it, but there would have been a plan and ultimately it worked. 

Winning doesn’t necessarily mean a game plan worked does it?

1 hour ago, La Plage said:

They outplayed us all over the park, moved the ball quickly through the team with players making space and wanting the ball. Switched play at will from left to right and all players 100% committed. WAIT............they stole our identity!!!

They were also woeful in there finishing, yes , you could be onto something Sherlock . 

26 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Can there be any other team in the league who could win 3 of their last 4 games and be level on points with a team in the playoffs, and still have fans who would want the gaffer sacked?

Played the 2 teams with the joint worst away record at home and got lucky at wigan we drew and lost the replay with shrewsbury a league 1 side the performances arent good enough but the results hide that but you can keep making excuses

Archived