IGNORED

Stay of execution?

Dynamite Red

35 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

We would be if Afobe didnt get injured... we were a completely different team with his link up play with weimann and palmer.... its so easy to blame the manager....

I’m not blaming anyone, I just think the narrative that we get better every season is only an interpretation. 

You could just as easily say we don’t fall away as far every season. 

Its certainly progression relative to the fact, it’s just a shame we have to fall away at all.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure there must have been a game plan but it certainly wasn’t obvious................:cool2:

Fair enough

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Winning doesn’t necessarily mean a game plan worked does it?

No, didn’t say that, but you don’t just go out and win without some plan. Even if it becomes plan b or c.

42 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It’s my opinion that you don’t win a game in the championship without a game plan.

One may not be able to see it or even agree with it, but there would have been a plan and ultimately it worked. 

The substitution played a big part, although O'Dowda didn't do much he created space for Dasilva to do that run down the left wing which resulted in the winning goal

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Today was a mirror image of GJs days.........No obvious game plan and goal shy.

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. The game plan was clear and I don’t think wayward shooting qualifies as ‘goal shy’.  Barnsley were a very decent side except up front and we had to work very hard for what in the end I thought was a just-deserved win.

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

If we won 3 nil and played well some would still moan that we didn't score more for our goal difference ... how dare the team win and make other potential players want to join a team in a play off chasing team... regardless of who is in charge... 

I think you are wrong there, nobody would have moaned today if we had won 3 nil of that I'm pretty certain, but it does sometimes feel some posters are never satisfied but don't get carried away they are very few and far between. 

Barnsley weren't a poor side but considering how people keep going on how we are only 1 point outside the play offs, we'll use that analogy shall we?

the table doesn't lie. Barnsley are down there for a reason and despite evidence our side trying, it was hard work getting those three points and not convincing whatsoever. Like most of our wins this season.

A scraped 1-0 win against a struggling side that financially has no clout whatsoever.

Evidence on here proves far too many are happy with that than look at the bigger picture. One reason why this club will possible never go up another notch

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why do you want the manager who has is level on points with the top 6 and 3 points off 4th place out..? Seriously..?! 

Because he still doesn’t know his best formation or players brought in over 60 now spending millions. Point bring you can’t be promoted with as many baron runs as he has

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Today was a mirror image of GJs days.........No obvious game plan and goal shy.

Goal shy..? We could easily have scored 7 today, with shooting boots on. 
Hit crossbar twice. 
Fammy should have scored 2, possibly 3. 
Elliason missed a Glorious chance shortly before he scored.   

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Because he still doesn’t know his best formation or players brought in over 60 now spending millions. Point bring you can’t be promoted with as many baron runs as he has

So you think who, exactly, would be available and interested and certain of doing a better job..? 

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think you are wrong there, nobody would have moaned today if we had won 3 nil of that I'm pretty certain, but it does sometimes feel some posters are never satisfied but don't get carried away they are very few and far between. 

I do agree as there are now average 20 ,000 fans at each game plus the ones like me who work saturdays ... this is just a small portion of fans online but my post was in response to the theme of the original post. 

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

Show me a post of anyone on this forum being gutted that we won? 

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

So you cant show me a post then? Don't need one from today, any will do. And simply not being on here is admission that they wanted us to loose? 

Were you at the game today?

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

That was far from an awful Barnsley. Very impressed with them.

Agree a Barnsley that have beaten millwall and drawn with Swansea and wba in the last month. For some reason we should always beat the bottom 3 in the championship 3 or 4 nil.  Although not the best performance some luck. Whilst out of form  you need to grind out results we are doing that. It is far from perfect but the ; league game losing run (brentford aside) addressed a previous 4 on the bounce losses. We are in the mix so enjoy the ride

3 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

8E7B4A12-DEF8-427F-B41F-BE2275B767BF.png

I suggest the Press Association person writing that is basing it on passing and pretty passing at that.  Thought it was an even game, and we had some good chances, probably the better of the chances. Or a Barnsley fan?

D90DD253-D904-4C70-A9AF-13B878AD0291.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Not missed a home game in 20 years, just telling you how it is, we have been appalling to watch at home for 18 months, a win is a win which I will celebrate like any City fan but everyone around me are fed up watching this boring directionless football.  A stay of execution is about right.

I applaud your dedication, but unless you have inside information (Stay of Execution) is a tad presumptuous and a little disrespectful to LJ.

Great 3 points though today and another step closer to the play offs ?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suggest the Press Association person writing that is basing it on passing and pretty passing at that.  Thought it was an even game, and we had some good chances, probably the better of the chances. Or a Barnsley fan?

D90DD253-D904-4C70-A9AF-13B878AD0291.jpeg

I thought that barnsley was the better side today and we was lucky 

"Stay of execution"? ?

I must admit it is kinda cute that people actually think LJ has been, or is close to being, fired at any point this season. 

He didn't get the sack when we'd lost nine games on the spin and were plummeting towards relegation in March 2017. 

He's hardly going to get sacked after three wins in four with us in the play-off hunt with pretty much zero chance of going down. 

49 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

We will fall away and finish 9th or 10th and you know it, dont get too excited. 

If we finish 9th or 10th then... name me a realistic and available manager that would be as certain (as you can be) of taking us higher..? 
Although predicting we will finish lower than we currently are is pure negative conjecture, after 28 games, imo. 

Archived