IGNORED

Stay of execution?

Dynamite Red

49 minutes ago, Highguy said:

I thought that barnsley was the better side today and we was lucky 

Thinking back, it wasn't actually a bad game to watch. It was a bit scrappy, and both sides looked lacking in front of goal. Them particularly, as they missed more chances.

3 or 4 against the woodwork, a couple of scrambles in both boxes. I actually enjoyed today. Look, we won and we all know the next few games are harder on paper.

I'm holding fire, getting behind LJ and the players, and seeing where it goes.

It's drink up thy whiskey tonight for me as we got another league win.

**** Barnsley, as they thought they were going to heap the pressure on their former Judas boss  and it just didn't pan out like that

What a shame!

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Thinking back, it wasn't actually a bad game to watch. It was a bit scrappy, and both sides looked lacking in front of goal. Them particularly, as they missed more chances.

3 or 4 against the woodwork, a couple of scrambles in both boxes. I actually enjoyed today. Look, we won and we all know the next few games are harder on paper.

I'm holding fire, getting behind LJ and the players, and seeing where it goes.

It's drink up thy whiskey tonight for me as we got another league win.

**** Barnsley, as they thought they were going to heap the pressure on their former Judas boss  and it just didn't pan out like that

What a shame!

Standard / quality -  poor

Action and some comical moments - not bad

Thought it looked like a bit of a nervy game between two relegation sides near the end of the season

I think we continue to look muddled and in a bit of a mess but 3 points and the odd positive though

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Standard / quality -  poor

Action and some comical moments - not bad

Thought it looked like a bit of a nervy game between two relegation sides near the end of the season

I think we continue to look muddled and in a bit of a mess but 3 points and the odd positive though

True, Bob. Very true, and that's how I saw it. Concerning for lots of the game, but another 3 points on the board. BTW, The Championship this season.. How bad is it?  :laugh:

It was pretty much there for the taking, if any club had really gotten their act together. The quality is shocking.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

True, Bob. Very true, and that's how I saw it. Concerning for lots of the game, but another 3 points on the board. BTW, The Championship this season.. How bad is it?  :laugh:

It was pretty much there for the taking, if any club had really gotten their act together. It is shocking.

Said the same thing so many times recently Appy

The Championship is certainly very even this season with not one standout side 

Any side well drilled and organised would get auto this season

My biggest frustration with LJ - we’ve had some decent opportunities to cash in on other clubs messes in last few seasons and this season when we should be benefitting from giving him time and SLs backing when any other manager would have been fired  we are in real danger of blowing another golden opportunity (IMHO) 

My concern is we won’t have such good opportunities as a few clubs reset and may be missing an opportunity of a generation

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My biggest frustration with LJ - we’ve had some decent opportunities to cash in on other clubs messes in last few seasons and this season when we should be benefitting from giving him time and SLs backing when any other manager would have been fired  we are in real danger of blowing another golden opportunity (IMHO) 

My concern is we won’t have such good opportunities as a few clubs reset and may be missing an opportunity of a generation

and who are coming down... Norwich, Villa, Burnley Bournemouth.????..   people who know how to go up...   I'm with you on this, Bob

LJ or SL though, Bob?  Lack of a striker has never been addressed, and you cannot tell me that we have a manager at the helm who couldn't really care much whether we sign one or not??   Are the owners really prepared to back LJ when we talk GOALS?

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

and who are coming down... Norwich, Villa, Burnley Bournemouth.????..   people who know how to go up...   I'm with you on this, Bob

Yes , a good point and the sort of thing I fear 

As you say you’d expect most of them to be a force if they come down and a bigger hurdle to bypass

Below us are some big clubs who have the potential to reset and push past us

Need to grab our opportunities whilst the window is ajar 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why do you want the manager who has is level on points with the top 6 and 3 points off 4th place out..? Seriously..?! 

We maybe level on points with top six but Forest, in 6th do have 2 games in hand

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Next season (20-21) will be the first season the horrible £25.3m losses won’t be in our FFP calculation (will be 18-19, 19-20 and 20-21), and 18-19 was a profit.

Agree that this season was a good season to do it.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Next season (20-21) will be the first season the horrible £25.3m losses won’t be in our FFP calculation (will be 18-19, 19-20 and 20-21), and 18-19 was a profit.

Agree that this season was a good season to do it.

Money / financial wiggle will help Dave , and without reviving the LJ debate , but you then come onto the question of whether LJ can deliver even with more financial wiggle 

£4 million Kasey Palmer was sat , completely on his own in a row , at the end of the Lansdown Stand today , slumped against the wall near the Barnsley fans

Sad to see - it really isn’t looking good for him here 

We can’t afford players of that value not forming a part of a match day squad, whatever the rights or wrongs , or reasons , now, or in the future 

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. The game plan was clear and I don’t think wayward shooting qualifies as ‘goal shy’.  Barnsley were a very decent side except up front and we had to work very hard for what in the end I thought was a just-deserved win.

Serious Question ,can you explain the game plan to me please

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not by a “country mile” though. Stupid comment by someone who was either using the statistics without being at the game..........or was at the game and was reading the paper or something.

Not sure if they were the better team or just got more of the loose balls throughout the game.

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

That was far from an awful Barnsley. Very impressed with them.

They weren't that good. They did, however, play superior football to us. Given some of the 'ratings' on other posts for our players by the same token all Barnsley players would have rated a 9 or 10.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not by a “country mile” though. Stupid comment by someone who was either using the statistics without being at the game..........or was at the game and was reading the paper or something.

First half we was poor we made them look better then they was we had no midfield and the ball wouldnt stick up top just seemed to come straight back most the half but we defended well  Second half again barnsley started the better team created 5/6 good chances had more of the ball but couldnt score if they was still out there now, yeah we created 3 very good chances before the goal but it was only a 15 min spell where we created in the second half.

the goal comes down to JD.i cant think of any other time he ran to the byline in yest game and he put it on a plate for NL who showed good compusure and took his goal really well.

Think we had 5/6 players that can say they had a good game yest DB,AW,NB,JD,JP,NL

19 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Dreadful performance but a win, already discontent with LJ but this papers the cracks against an awful Barnsley.

Can't agree that Barnsley were awful.

They were better than us - more inventive and much cleverer going forward. Every player very comfortable on the ball and played football, football, football throughout. 

Had far more shots on goal than us, a draw may have just about been a fair result but if anyone deserved to win it was them, and they would have done if they had a finisher.

7 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Unreal - WE WON! Soooo negative on here ?

Hi Sanchez. 

I am delighted we won.  Absolutely !?

Am I delighted with the 'performance.'  No I am not.  Does that make me negative ?

Are the points more important than the performance ?  Possibly. Thats the chicken and egg question.  As I left the stadium yesterday the mutterings were we had 'got away' with one (again) .  It is interesting to note that yesterday PEARSON Watford boss said he was more concerned about the performance than the points, and likewise today DYCHE at Burnley  has been muttering same stuff. 

Me, as a paying supporter want us to play and win, and also to perform and some 'identity back' and play with a style and a swagger again.   I see us  currently 'grinding'  wins, that is good, I hope that enables us to move forward. 

I want LJ to be successful. Very much so.  The way he comes across as a bloke I like him,  and it is clear to all he cares passionately for the club. That said him and his 'staff' have got to stop 'bigging up' every team that we play. 

We were told Barnsley were a good side. No they are NOT.  They are bottom three for a reason.

We were told the Shrews were a good team. No they are NOT.  They are a mid table League 1 side who looked better than us over two games. 

We were told Wigan are a good team, no they are not.    I can go on and on about  how that theme that constantly reoccurs. Press media interviews and all that. 

I also accept we were a bit shafted by the well documented injuries and AFOBE which is the obvious one.  I still believe that the issues caused by his loss can and will be addressed before end of the window.  Live in hope !!

Archived