Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dynamite Red

Stay of execution?

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

Dreadful performance but a win, already discontent with LJ but this papers the cracks against an awful Barnsley.

That was far from an awful Barnsley. Very impressed with them.

• Like 19

However bad we do, I believe Lee will be here until the end of the season, as it stands the losing streak has ended and we are 2 games into a 10 game unbeaten run ( rose tinted spectacles available at all good stores!) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That was far from an awful Barnsley. Very impressed with them.

They're 3rd Bottom and at times rang rings around us. The league's shows how poor they are yet we struggle to put 2 passes together.

Dreadful again but we will pretend we are playoff contenders. Win is a win fair enough delighted with clean sheet but going nowhere with this football. Look where in the table our last 3 league wins are from. Today changes nothing

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 4

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Wouldn't it be awful if we just kept winning. Then he'd have to stay

Imagine if we won every game for the rest of the season.

That would be terrible.

I was almost surprised not to see a "FFS!" posted on the MDT when Nic scored!  

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

That wins means we are stuck with LJ for the rest of the season now.

More bothered about the personality than the result of the football? A win is a win. Convincing? No but I will take that on the back of 3pts away at Wigan. 

Hes going nowhere. Thats for sure. 

Once we hit the safety of 50pts that will suit me. 
Dreadful form. Dreadful football. No plan. No ‘identity’. 
Ah well!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Third from bottom Barnsley didn't  deserve to lose that against a very poor City.

They outplayed us all over the park, moved the ball quickly through the team with players making space and wanting the ball. Switched play at will from left to right and all players 100% committed. WAIT............they stole our identity!!!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Dreadful performance but a win, already discontent with LJ but this papers the cracks against an awful Barnsley.

I understand some folk are negative by nature, but 3 points irrespective of the performance how about some positivity and getting behind the team 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ship and Castle said:

I understand some folk are negative by nature, but 3 points irrespective of the performance how about some positivity and getting behind the team 😉 

You're new on here, aren't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ship and Castle said:

Not missed a home game in 20 years, just telling you how it is, we have been appalling to watch at home for 18 months, a win is a win which I will celebrate like any City fan but everyone around me are fed up watching this boring directionless football.  A stay of execution is about right.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

2 wins in a row, start of an another winning streak. Well done Lee and the boys. 

You really are unbearably saccharine on here. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

A welcome three points to cement our false position in the table, but another abject home display lacking any cohesion. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Dreadful again but we will pretend we are playoff contenders. Win is a win fair enough delighted with clean sheet but going nowhere with this football. Look where in the table our last 3 league wins are from. Today changes nothing

You can’t be level on points with 6th after 28 games and not be contenders.

Please don’t interpret that as pro-LJ; it isn’t. Performances aren’t meriting the results. But let’s not dismiss our chances altogether when there is very clearly still all to play for.

• Like 1

The year is 2080 the grandson of "Downsey" had just announced to Ashton Gate that WolfofWestStreet is celebrating his 95th birthday. Lee Johnson's corpse is still in charge of Bristol City. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Thats the bottom 3 teams smashed now.......watch out Liverpool we are coming for you.

Onward to the premiership.........well play offs first Lucky Lee is on a roll 🤔

Ha. I'd hardly say that Barnsley were 'smashed'

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Stuck with a manager who has us a point off the play offs? I can handle that

Clearly your blinded by beating 3 poor teams 

5 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Clearly your blinded by beating 3 poor teams 

Just to make sure i have done the maths right. How do we have 44 points by “beating 3 poor teams”??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Clearly

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tin said:

A welcome three points to cement our false position in the table, but another abject home display lacking any cohesion. 

How can it be a false position? Please do explain.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can’t be level on points with 6th after 28 games and not be contenders.

Please don’t interpret that as pro-LJ; it isn’t. Performances aren’t meriting the results. But let’s not dismiss our chances altogether when there is very clearly still all to play for.

At the risk of sounding overly negative I have completely written off the chances we will b3 top 6 come matchday 46. There is no evidence in the 28 games that makes me feel otherwise. Most will disagree and I get it but is how I feel. Maybe a couple decent forwards changes my mood but I can’t look past our many flaws. Barnsley outplayed us today. They were the better footballing side and outside CB and maybe LB they were better all over the park imo. 

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

If they had a player that could finish we would been f****d today, we looked poor and set out for a win our striker couldnt get lucky on old market on payday but its alright because we are one point of play offs give it 6 games we will be miles off and battling mid table finish

It amazes me that you could know such things...

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

At the risk of sounding overly negative I have completely written off the chances we will b3 top 6 come matchday 46. There is no evidence in the 28 games that makes me feel otherwise. Most will disagree and I get it but is how I feel. Maybe a couple decent forwards changes my mood but I can’t look past our many flaws. Barnsley outplayed us today. They were the better footballing side and outside CB and maybe LB they were better all over the park imo. 

Other than the league table?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

It wasnt a dreadful performance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highguy said:

People said this weeks ago but... we are still there! Just suck it up, you are a bit pissed off we won everyone knows that! Enjoy it for the evening at least then get back to boring everyone tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Barnsley were decent. Number 7 was best player on the pitch. Good hard fought win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

People said this weeks ago but... we are still there! Just suck it up, you are a bit pissed off we won everyone knows that! Enjoy it for the evening at least then get back to boring everyone tomorrow?

He won’t sleep well tonight...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not pissed off we won pissed off at poor performance and im not letting beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best to them hide it

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

He won’t sleep well tonight...

Ill sleep like a baby tonight bud dw about me