Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

City 62

Good Result

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As this seems a positive thread (at the moment) thats 3 wins in the last 4 games..

 

In the league, shall we paper over the draw and loss to the L1 side...... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

Lots of people gutted with the result today !!

Would say they are more gutted about the performance then the result.

Wasnt good enough today and was lucky to get 3 points if they could finish or the ref didnt miss a stonewall pen in first half for them. Dont let the result pave over the cracks my friend

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result for sure but not a particularly enjoyable game to watch......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Would say they are more gutted about the performance then the result.

Wasnt good enough today and was lucky to get 3 points if they could finish or the ref didnt miss a stonewall pen in first half for them. Dont let the result pave over the cracks my friend

3pts mate that's what matters. Playing poorly yes,but winning breeds confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

Lots of people gutted with the result today !!

Nobody is gutted you ******* nause. This sanctimonious shit from people like you is frankly laughable when you are more happy about being able to say that shit than you are about winning. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

3pts mate that's what matters. Playing poorly yes,but winning breeds confidence 

Beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best is hard to get positive from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As this seems a positive thread (at the moment) thats 3 wins in the last 4 games..

 

Or 2 league wins back to back out of 2 - that’s 100% !!! ;)

We’re in a winning streak again!!

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Correction
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Nobody is gutted you ******* nause. This sanctimonious shit from people like you is frankly laughable when you are more happy about being able to say that shit than you are about winning. 

 

I’m sure some Barnsley fans are gutted.... possibly some Gas-heads too!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes a win is a win. The players and coaching staff should not be happy with the performance and there is much to work on but the team kept going and it was clear from their reaction when the goal went in that they do care and are trying. Two clean sheets and two scrappy wins in consecutive league wins is not much but at least it is something to work with and keeps us in the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Beating a team with the worse away record in the league and being second best is hard to get positive from

You need to lower your expectations and don’t expect to wallop teams with playboy football in this league

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m sure some Barnsley fans are gutted.... possibly some Gas-heads too!!!

Well yes, with that I will agree. To be fair I'd be permanently gutted if I had to support rovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m sure some Barnsley fans are gutted.... possibly some Gas-heads too!!!

I wouldn’t want to be heading back to Barnsley after losing like that. Although, admittedly, that is partly because I wouldn’t want to be heading back to Barnsley full stop...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

You need to lower your expectations and don’t expect to wallop teams with playboy football in this league

Dont expect playboy football just be nice to actually play football and have bit confidence not look like 11 strangers on the downs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Or 2 home league wins back to back out of 2 - that’s 100% !!! ;)

We’re in a winning streak again!!

Had to laugh at commentator on Radio Bristol on the way home from game.

He started with Bristol City “have won back to back games for the first time in 2020” as if it was about time !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Dont expect playboy football just be nice to actually play football and have bit confidence not look like 11 strangers on the downs

Things aren’t rosy at the mo but wins breeds confidence and hopefully we are back on the up

time will tell

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

Lots of people gutted with the result today !!

This has been said after the last 3 wins but I don’t actually see any real evidence of it. People aren’t happy with Johnson but I don’t think many people genuinely want us to lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confidence is clearly not great, and they eked a win, I'll take it.

Well done City and LJ. Although i have been critical, I can't understand the moaning tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Nobody is gutted you ******* nause. This sanctimonious shit from people like you is frankly laughable when you are more happy about being able to say that shit than you are about winning. 

 

Clueless 

  • Hedgehog 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As this seems a positive thread (at the moment) thats 3 wins in the last 4 games..

 

3 clean sheets with those wins as well, that’s the sort of foundations you need to improve your attacking game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

3 clean sheets with those wins as well, that’s the sort of foundations you need to improve your attacking game

Our defensive record had been dreadful so a run of clean sheets as part of a general reduction in the number of goals we concede is potentially as valuable as getting a striker in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...