IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Runs his socks off every game, constantly presses the opposition and is joint top scorer.

Other than that he does naff all.

????????

Heads the odd one off the line to keep us 0-0

First to chase back and help out 

Sets a few up

Scores a few

Works harder than probably any other 3 or 4 lumped together

other than that ..........nothing 

Why does ‘What did the Romans ever do for us.......’ spring to mind ! 

An International and ex- prem player with no ego ‘I shouldn’t be in Championship’

A proper team player and a managers dream in many respects

Hes not Messi , but I bet any poster managing or running a side would realise how much they value a Weimann 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sets a few up

Scores a few

An International and ex- prem player with no ego ‘I shouldn’t be in Championship’

Hes not Messi , but I bet any poster managing or running a side would realise how much they value a Weimann 

Don’t waste your time you’ll get Carpal Tunnel. 

The anti Weimann crowd never see anything. 

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

3 v 1 he ain’t gonna cover all the spaces 

We could go on all night about who was “at fault” but what I do know is that our midfield was a shambles from a defensive perspective today.

Paterson on the other hand did his job from an attacking point of view, wanted the ball, demanded the ball and kept it moving. That pass to Eliasson first half was superb.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sets a few up

Scores a few

Totally agree with all that but when he’s below par there’s no harm in hooking him now and again!!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Don’t waste your time you’ll get Carpal Tunnel. 

The anti Weimann crowd never see anything. 

It’s the old adage

A match between 11 marines with limited ability  v. 11 jugglers with little workrate 

Who wins ?

You need both but you wouldn’t lose many games with 11 x Weimmans

My ratings:- (6 is a player earning his wages for having a decent game)

Bentley 6 - fine save in first half, but ponderous with the ball at feet or in hand at the mo’.  Did the job I expected today.

Hunt 6 - bit mixed, a couple of great balls down the right in first half and looked like he was asked to play narrower alongside Williams today, meaning there was a bit of space down their left.

Williams 7 - much more like it.  Great block with Bentley beaten in second half.  Defended with heart and experience against a very willing Chaplin.

Baker 7 (would be a 7.5 but I don’t do halves) - love someone’s comment - he’s a rock made of glass - but he’s been our best defender this season, and was very solid today both on the deck and in the air.

Dasilva 7 - sneaked a 7 for the run and cross that led to the goal.  Still feeling his way back, but he is getting better.  Defensively sound.

Smith 6 - snuffed out a lot of stuff (good) but ponderous on the ball (bad).  Another probably not fully at the races following injuries.

Brownhill 4 - just poor, as poor as I’ve seen him.  Looked heavy legged when actually staying on his feet.  Offered nothing today with the ball, and left Korey exposed without it.

Weimann 6 - ran his nuts off today, starting RW in a 4231 and then in a 4141 before up front for final 5 mins in 442.  Linked well with Hunt today, unlucky with blocked far post volley, and lovely pull back for Fam to blaze over.

Paterson 8 - probably our best player, in the hole initially, in his old 17/18 position for most of the match, and if anyone deserved to be on the pitch and contribute to the winner it was him.  Hope it’s not a typical Pato false-dawn, but he really looks “on it”.  Great cross on the run with his left peg for Weimann’s volley.

Eliasson 6 - I know he got the winner, but he was pretty ineffective today against their RB Williams. Missed a really good chance and showed composure for the winner.  He was a 5 for me without the goal.

Diedhiou 8 - led the line well, and his desire was great today.  Got into scoring positions, and gave his markers a tough old game today, which is the minimum.  Got the crowd going too.  Probably our best player of late overall.

Sub: O’Dowda - no rating.

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not a 4 by any means but thought he was largely ineffective today

Our live wire and biggest threat for most of first half , until he was pushed wide right , and his ‘ugly work’  (Which many simply don’t ‘see’) was as usual excellent 

Sometimes not the most composed  , at the vital moment but we’d look a much poorer side without him IMHO, especially when we are having to scrap

Regularly sacrifices himself for the team 

As I said a managers dream in many respects

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Totally agree with all that but when he’s below par there’s no harm in hooking him now and again!!

Of course

My concern when hooking him in tight games / games still in a balance 

losing his energy , workrate and his defensive work 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Weimann runs a lot but it doesnt matter to some that he produces sod all! Bizarre. Him and Hunt are poor.

What complete and utter nonsense 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley 6 - fine save in first half, but ponderous with the ball at feet or in hand at the mo’.  Did the job I expected today.

Hunt 6 - bit mixed, a couple of great balls down the right in first half and looked like he was asked to play narrower alongside Williams today, meaning there was a bit of space down their left.

Williams 7 - much more like it.  Great block with Bentley beaten in second half.  Defended with heart and experience against a very willing Chaplin.

Baker 7 (would be a 7.5 but I don’t do halves) - love someone’s comment - he’s a rock made of glass - but he’s been our best defender this season, and was very solid today both on the deck and in the air.

Dasilva 7 - sneaked a 7 for the run and cross that led to the goal.  Still feeling his way back, but he is getting better.  Defensively sound.

Smith 6 - snuffed out a lot of stuff (good) but ponderous on the ball (bad).  Another probably not fully at the races following injuries.

Brownhill 4 - just poor, as poor as I’ve seen him.  Looked heavy legged when actually staying on his feet.  Offered nothing today with the ball, and left Korey exposed without it.

Weimann 6 - ran his nuts off today, starting RW in a 4231 and then in a 4141 before up front for final 5 mins in 442.  Linked well with Hunt today, unlucky with blocked far post volley, and lovely pull back for Fam to blaze over.

Paterson 8 - probably our best player, in the hole initially, in his old 17/18 position for most of the match, and if anyone deserved to be on the pitch and contribute to the winner it was him.  Hope it’s not a typical Pato false-dawn, but he really looks “on it”.  Great cross on the run with his left peg for Weimann’s volley.

Eliasson 6 - I know he got the winner, but he was pretty ineffective today against their RB Williams. Missed a really good chance and showed composure for the winner.  He was a 5 for me without the goal.

Diedhiou 8 - led the line well, and his desire was great today.  Got into scoring positions, and gave his markers a tough old game today, which is the minimum.  Got the crowd going too.  Probably our best player of late overall.

Good marks and explanations Dave

only things I’d add is

JD’s great run , similar to the goal, and slip to Paterson (Great cross) created Elliassons Missed sitter

And Barnsley doubled up from minute one on Elliasson which made it extremely tough for him , but it also created space on the opposite flank , hence why nearly all our opportunities were created from space on the other side  

And Weimann,s Great header off the line stopped us going behind (He was also in trouble and limping for some minutes later as Bentley landed on his ankle / foot , yet got himself going and as usual ran his heart out for the rest of the game 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Of course

My concern when hooking him in tight games / games still in a balance 

losing his energy , workrate and his defensive work 

What complete and utter nonsense 

What did he produce?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So are you talking today now, or generally ?

Were you at the game today ?

Yes and apart from running a lot he produced nothing. Im amazed this is good enough for some fans tbh. 

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Our live wire and biggest threat for most of first half , until he was pushed wide right , and his ‘ugly work’  (Which many simply don’t ‘see’) was as usual excellent 

Sometimes not the most composed  , at the vital moment but we’d look a much poorer side without him IMHO, especially when we are having to scrap

Regularly sacrifices himself for the team 

As I said a managers dream in many respects

Agree work rate is always excellent... interesting I thought he was wide all game, I didn’t know what formation we started with tbh

Baker and Korey our best players imo.

Diedhiou did ok but should have kept over that chance.

Weimann poor again for me. Doesn't seem to suit being wide right or up there with Fam. Maybe drop him and see what someone else brings. 

Brownhill very poor. He looks slower, weaker and off balance. Don't know what has happened to him recently.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes and apart from running a lot he produced nothing. Im amazed this is good enough for some fans tbh. 

Yes - which and I’ll answer

Youve already proved that your judgement is flawed as if it’s today , he created one of our very best chances , ...just as a starter

And I’ll ask you a question

What do you think is Lees ask of him and expectation/ role  from him 

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Agree work rate is always excellent... interesting I thought he was wide all game, I didn’t know what formation we started with tbh

You may be right but I thought he initially partnered Famara , had a short spell almost in a old fashioned inside right role and then seemed to be overtly wide in a midfield 4/5

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes - which and I’ll answer

Youve already proved that your judgement is flawed as if it’s today , he created one of our very best chances , ...just as a starter

And I’ll ask you a question

What do you think is Lees ask of him and expectation/ role  from him 

To run about a lot. You obviously see something in him i dont. All about opinions though

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No way Mr Fevs was Fammy an 8. He might have done all you say but the thing is he didn’t score.

His trademark attempted and failed bicycle kick says it all for me.

He’s a trier and god loves them but to my mind he simply isn’t good enough as a centre forward.

Agree about AW and with what @BobBobSuperBob has said. Again AW might not score but what he does, he does well.

Overall though it was another poor performance. Wins like this whilst we’d all “take them” simply mask how poor we are.

And sadly I don’t see that changing.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No way Mr Fevs was Fammy an 8. He might have done all you say but the thing is he didn’t score.

His trademark attempted and failed bicycle kick says it all for me.

He’s a trier and god loves them but to my mind he simply isn’t good enough as a centre forward.

Agree about AW and with what @BobBobSuperBob has said. Again AW might not score but what he does, he does well.

Overall though it was another poor performance. Wins like this whilst we’d all “take them” simply mask how poor we are.

And sadly I don’t see that changing.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Embarrassing last comment Bob.

I’d reflect on your ‘To run around a lot’ comment and your level of understanding of what he may , or may not provide

It deserved my retort , and is likely very accurate

Im not LJs greatest fan -

but do you seriously think he’s his first name on teamsheet because he just ‘runs around a lot’

Thats what I call embarrassing  (Nice late Edit to your post )

Archived