Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

old_eastender

Ratings from today

Recommended Posts

Bentley - 7 - one really class save, good handling throughout

Hunt - 6 - Better than in recent games, won most 50-50s he went in for, will always be suspect defensively because of poor positioning

Baker/Williams - 7 - Solid enough, poor distribution as per usual

Dasilva - 8 - Defensively sound, made the goal with a great run

Smith - 7 - Added some bite to the CM, retained possession better than most

Brownhill - 5 - Could have easily forgotten he was on the pitch at times, although hamstrung to a degree by formation

Eliasson - 7 - Not as effective as usual, one quality cross in first half that Fammy headed wide, awful miss in 2nd half but did get the all important goal, hence the 7.

Weimann - 4 - Anonymous performance, bar for once linking up with Fammy to play him in for the chance he blazed over the bar

Paterson - 6 - Worked hard, tried to create but little came off

Fammy - 6 - Put in a shift, some great defensive clearances but miss when he blazed over the bar was as bad as him doing same at Shrews, simply does not score enough of the chances he gets.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s not at the back, but feels like we signed so many players over the summer and it’s last seasons team, and a bench that  looks incredibly weak. 

Its a win, but the +2 GD most likely a fairer indication of where we are...battling, work hard by and large, but little more than that. Lack any star dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bentley - 7 - one really class save, good handling throughout

Hunt - 6 - Better than in recent games, won most 50-50s he went in for, will always be suspect defensively because of poor positioning

Baker/Williams - 7 - Solid enough, poor distribution as per usual

Dasilva - 8 - Defensively sound, made the goal with a great run

Smith - 7 - Added some bite to the CM, retained possession better than most

Brownhill - 5 - Could have easily forgotten he was on the pitch at times, although hamstrung to a degree by formation

Eliasson - 7 - Not as effective as usual, one quality cross in first half that Fammy headed wide, awful miss in 2nd half but did get the all important goal, hence the 7.

Weimann - 4 - Anonymous performance, bar for once linking up with Fammy to play him in for the chance he blazed over the bar

Paterson - 6 - Worked hard, tried to create but little came off

Fammy - 6 - Put in a shift, some great defensive clearances but miss when he blazed over the bar was as bad as him doing same at Shrews, simply does not score enough of the chances he gets.

All about opinions but way off the mark with Paterson imo. The only player who wanted the ball.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably drop the whole back for 1. They created a fair few opportunities. Brownhill isnt half as good as people like to think. He gives the ball away so many times. Smith broke up play well.

Big goal which 'hopefully' pushes us on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

All about opinions but way off the mark with Paterson imo. The only player who wanted the ball.

And you’re way off the mark with Smith.

Edit - AND Baker.

Edited by RedEyez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

And you’re way off the mark with Smith.

Edit - AND Baker.

No way on Smith. Barnsley were running through our central areas at Will today. You gotta do more than win a few tackles to get a good mark as a CDM.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Can’t believe the ratings I’m seeing for Baker, thought he was very good today.

My issue with Baker is we know he can defend but was responsible on several occasions for giving the ball away and allowing Barnsley to break on us. In his defence where Brownhill and Smith were at those times I couldn’t begin to guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No way on Smith. Barnsley were running through our central areas at Will today. You gotta do more than win a few tackles to get a good mark as a CDM.

Think that was more to do with the poor performance of Brownhill to be honest. Smith did his job well today. 

Edited by RedEyez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No way on Smith. Barnsley were running through our central areas at Will today. You gotta do more than win a few tackles to get a good mark as a CDM.

Smith was outnumbered and let down by Brownhill. How can he dominate a midfield in his own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Smith was outnumbered and let down by Brownhill. How can he dominate a midfield in his own?

To be fair, first half I thought Smith did what he often does, put himself about but was awful with the ball, second half however I thought he was much better. Agree however that he had no help from Brownhill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Smith was outnumbered and let down by Brownhill. How can he dominate a midfield in his own?

Wasn’t expecting him to dominate midfield. Agree about Brownhill but notwithstanding that Smith didn’t cover the spaces that needed covering (blocking lanes is the LJ speak) and Barnsley were able to run and pass 40-50 yards through the centre of the pitch. But he did win a few tackles hence a 5 not a 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Wasn’t expecting him to dominate midfield. Agree about Brownhill but notwithstanding that Smith didn’t cover the spaces that needed covering (blocking lanes is the LJ speak) and Barnsley were able to run and pass 40-50 yards through the centre of the pitch. But he did win a few tackles hence a 5 not a 4.

3 v 1 he ain’t gonna cover all the spaces 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Can’t believe the ratings I’m seeing for Baker, thought he was very good today.

Agree he looked very good today i did have a few worrys pre game as the groin injury and playing against mobile strikers, i enjoyed his clever positioning to block the strikers run off the ball in first half ref and lino missed it striker left curled up in a ball on the floor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I really don't rate Weimann. Does naff all most of the time

Whilst I agree, his work rate Is still amazing, and he has what, 9 goals thus season?

Great header off the line in the first half as well.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness to Eliasson I thought Barnsley did very well to take him out of the game, on a number of occasions he was in those dangerous positions he often gets in but had no space for any trickery because both their right-back and a centre-back weren't giving him any space down by the corner flag. Just a testament to his ability how he still managed to score the winner nonetheless.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weimann was probably a 5, he was better than at Wigan. Could have done better with that 1 on 1 with their keeper. Dare I say someone with more pace (Semenyo?) May have got there sooner and made it 1 nil. It’s a tricky one because I think a lot of his work helps fam. Would I drop him no but I probably would have subbed him c60 mins and that may have been the wrong decision.

Another scrappy win but who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The midfield was totally overrun today. The two players who could have added any bit of defensive stability were Brownhill and Smith. Both failed miserably so I’d give both a 4. Smith flattered you deceive with a few good bits interspersed with giving the ball away far too often 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Bentley - 7 - one really class save, good handling throughout

Hunt - 6 - Better than in recent games, won most 50-50s he went in for, will always be suspect defensively because of poor positioning

Baker/Williams - 7 - Solid enough, poor distribution as per usual

Dasilva - 8 - Defensively sound, made the goal with a great run

Smith - 7 - Added some bite to the CM, retained possession better than most

Brownhill - 5 - Could have easily forgotten he was on the pitch at times, although hamstrung to a degree by formation

Eliasson - 7 - Not as effective as usual, one quality cross in first half that Fammy headed wide, awful miss in 2nd half but did get the all important goal, hence the 7.

Weimann - 4 - Anonymous performance, bar for once linking up with Fammy to play him in for the chance he blazed over the bar

Paterson - 6 - Worked hard, tried to create but little came off

Fammy - 6 - Put in a shift, some great defensive clearances but miss when he blazed over the bar was as bad as him doing same at Shrews, simply does not score enough of the chances he gets.

How you’ve got Smith higher than Paterson I’ve no idea! 
 

Im quick to criticise Paterson (Not for his football ability) so credit where it’s due. I thought he was excellent today, one of the only “footballers” in our team. 
 

He was always positive, receiving it on the half turn and getting us going in the right direction.

Some of our players should take note - you don’t need to be big and strong to protect the ball and it is possible to receive it under pressure without losing possession!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I really don't rate Weimann. Does naff all most of the time

‘ Naff all ‘

Other than run his lungs out every game (No half hearted from Weimann) , doing all the pressing , running and chasing back for him And Diedhiou , scoring 9 goals despite being pushed into wide positions a large proportion of time .....

You are right ..........’Naff all’

There was one occasion late on when he covered about 60 yards at sprint pace , on his own to close down 3 Barnsley players one after another  and ended up forcing them to give the ball away w

serious question - do you got to games ? Do you watch what players do off the ball or just follow the ball ?

16 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst I agree,

 

his work rate Is still amazing, and he has what, 9 goals thus season?

Great header off the line in the first half as well.

Is this serious ?

your first comment followed by your second and third lines - if nothing else , they simply don’t correlate 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Brownhill has had his head turned with all the Burnley interest.

Are they still interested or has he blown it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We missed chance after chance today. Everyone of our forward players could have had one. But there were two horror misses from Elliason and Fammy. 
 

two things I take from that is we created more chances this afternoon than the previous six starts put together. 
 

we got into positions to score. 
 

Weimann clearly a target on this thread as usual with some. But we know one thing we need a finisher and pray Afobe is back by March. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I really don't rate Weimann. Does naff all most of the time

Runs his socks off every game, constantly presses the opposition and is joint top scorer.

Other than that he does naff all.

????????

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Runs his socks off every game, constantly presses the opposition and is joint top scorer.

Other than that he does naff all.

????????

 

 

Heads the odd one off the line to keep us 0-0

First to chase back and help out 

Sets a few up

Scores a few

Works harder than probably any other 3 or 4 lumped together

other than that ..........nothing 

 

Why does ‘What did the Romans ever do for us.......’ spring to mind ! 

 

 

An International and ex- prem player with no ego ‘I shouldn’t be in Championship’

A proper team player and a managers dream in many respects

 

Hes not Messi , but I bet any poster managing or running a side would realise how much they value a Weimann 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the effort and fitness of the guy is unbelievable, on 88 minutes he sprinted 50 yards to close down the left back and prevent the ball going forward. Prefer when he plays in the middle, but just gets on with whatever he is asked to do for the team, model pro

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Heads the odd one off the line to keep us 0-0

First to chase back and help out 

Sets a few up

Scores a few

Works harder than probably any other 3 or 4 lumped together

other than that ..........nothing 

 

Why does ‘What did the Romans ever do for us.......’ spring to mind ! 

 

 

An International and ex- prem player with no ego ‘I shouldn’t be in Championship’

A proper team player and a managers dream in many respects

 

Hes not Messi , but I bet any poster managing or running a side would realise how much they value a Weimann 

Don’t waste your time you’ll get Carpal Tunnel. 
 

The anti Weimann crowd never see anything. 
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

3 v 1 he ain’t gonna cover all the spaces 

We could go on all night about who was “at fault” but what I do know is that our midfield was a shambles from a defensive perspective today.

Paterson on the other hand did his job from an attacking point of view, wanted the ball, demanded the ball and kept it moving. That pass to Eliasson first half was superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Weimman ‘4’

 

Jesus wept

Don’t  think I’ll bother reading any further 

Not a 4 by any means but thought he was largely ineffective today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Heads the odd one off the line to keep us 0-0

First to chase back and help out 

Sets a few up

Scores a few

Works harder than probably any other 3 or 4 lumped together

other than that ..........nothing 

 

Why does ‘What did the Romans ever do for us.......’ spring to mind ! 

 

 

An International and ex- prem player with no ego ‘I shouldn’t be in Championship’

A proper team player and a managers dream in many respects

 

Hes not Messi , but I bet any poster managing or running a side would realise how much they value a Weimann 

Totally agree with all that but when he’s below par there’s no harm in hooking him now and again!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Don’t waste your time you’ll get Carpal Tunnel. 
 

The anti Weimann crowd never see anything. 
 

 

It’s the old adage

A match between 11 marines with limited ability  v. 11 jugglers with little workrate 

Who wins ?

You need both but you wouldn’t lose many games with 11 x Weimmans

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weimann runs a lot but it doesnt matter to some that he produces sod all! Bizarre. Him and Hunt are poor.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ratings:- (6 is a player earning his wages for having a decent game)

Bentley 6 - fine save in first half, but ponderous with the ball at feet or in hand at the mo’.  Did the job I expected today.

Hunt 6 - bit mixed, a couple of great balls down the right in first half and looked like he was asked to play narrower alongside Williams today, meaning there was a bit of space down their left.

Williams 7 - much more like it.  Great block with Bentley beaten in second half.  Defended with heart and experience against a very willing Chaplin.

Baker 7 (would be a 7.5 but I don’t do halves) - love someone’s comment - he’s a rock made of glass - but he’s been our best defender this season, and was very solid today both on the deck and in the air.

Dasilva 7 - sneaked a 7 for the run and cross that led to the goal.  Still feeling his way back, but he is getting better.  Defensively sound.

Smith 6 - snuffed out a lot of stuff (good) but ponderous on the ball (bad).  Another probably not fully at the races following injuries.

Brownhill 4 - just poor, as poor as I’ve seen him.  Looked heavy legged when actually staying on his feet.  Offered nothing today with the ball, and left Korey exposed without it.

Weimann 6 - ran his nuts off today, starting RW in a 4231 and then in a 4141 before up front for final 5 mins in 442.  Linked well with Hunt today, unlucky with blocked far post volley, and lovely pull back for Fam to blaze over.

Paterson 8 - probably our best player, in the hole initially, in his old 17/18 position for most of the match, and if anyone deserved to be on the pitch and contribute to the winner it was him.  Hope it’s not a typical Pato false-dawn, but he really looks “on it”.  Great cross on the run with his left peg for Weimann’s volley.

Eliasson 6 - I know he got the winner, but he was pretty ineffective today against their RB Williams. Missed a really good chance and showed composure for the winner.  He was a 5 for me without the goal.

Diedhiou 8 - led the line well, and his desire was great today.  Got into scoring positions, and gave his markers a tough old game today, which is the minimum.  Got the crowd going too.  Probably our best player of late overall.

Sub: O’Dowda - no rating.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not a 4 by any means but thought he was largely ineffective today

Our live wire and biggest threat for most of first half , until he was pushed wide right , and his ‘ugly work’  (Which many simply don’t ‘see’) was as usual excellent 

Sometimes not the most composed  , at the vital moment but we’d look a much poorer side without him IMHO, especially when we are having to scrap

Regularly sacrifices himself for the team 

As I said a managers dream in many respects

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Totally agree with all that but when he’s below par there’s no harm in hooking him now and again!!

Of course

My concern when hooking him in tight games / games still in a balance 

losing his energy , workrate and his defensive work 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Weimann runs a lot but it doesnt matter to some that he produces sod all! Bizarre. Him and Hunt are poor.

What complete and utter nonsense 

 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My ratings:- (6 is a player earning his wages for having a decent game)

Bentley 6 - fine save in first half, but ponderous with the ball at feet or in hand at the mo’.  Did the job I expected today.

Hunt 6 - bit mixed, a couple of great balls down the right in first half and looked like he was asked to play narrower alongside Williams today, meaning there was a bit of space down their left.

Williams 7 - much more like it.  Great block with Bentley beaten in second half.  Defended with heart and experience against a very willing Chaplin.

Baker 7 (would be a 7.5 but I don’t do halves) - love someone’s comment - he’s a rock made of glass - but he’s been our best defender this season, and was very solid today both on the deck and in the air.

Dasilva 7 - sneaked a 7 for the run and cross that led to the goal.  Still feeling his way back, but he is getting better.  Defensively sound.

Smith 6 - snuffed out a lot of stuff (good) but ponderous on the ball (bad).  Another probably not fully at the races following injuries.

Brownhill 4 - just poor, as poor as I’ve seen him.  Looked heavy legged when actually staying on his feet.  Offered nothing today with the ball, and left Korey exposed without it.

Weimann 6 - ran his nuts off today, starting RW in a 4231 and then in a 4141 before up front for final 5 mins in 442.  Linked well with Hunt today, unlucky with blocked far post volley, and lovely pull back for Fam to blaze over.

Paterson 8 - probably our best player, in the hole initially, in his old 17/18 position for most of the match, and if anyone deserved to be on the pitch and contribute to the winner it was him.  Hope it’s not a typical Pato false-dawn, but he really looks “on it”.  Great cross on the run with his left peg for Weimann’s volley.

Eliasson 6 - I know he got the winner, but he was pretty ineffective today against their RB Williams. Missed a really good chance and showed composure for the winner.  He was a 5 for me without the goal.

Diedhiou 8 - led the line well, and his desire was great today.  Got into scoring positions, and gave his markers a tough old game today, which is the minimum.  Got the crowd going too.  Probably our best player of late overall.

Sub: O’Dowda - no rating.

Good marks and explanations Dave

only things I’d add is

JD’s great run , similar to the goal, and slip to Paterson (Great cross) created Elliassons Missed sitter

And Barnsley doubled up from minute one on Elliasson which made it extremely tough for him , but it also created space on the opposite flank , hence why nearly all our opportunities were created from space on the other side  

And Weimann,s Great header off the line stopped us going behind (He was also in trouble and limping for some minutes later as Bentley landed on his ankle / foot , yet got himself going and as usual ran his heart out for the rest of the game 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Of course

My concern when hooking him in tight games / games still in a balance 

losing his energy , workrate and his defensive work 

What complete and utter nonsense 

 

What did he produce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Super said:

What did he produce?

So are you talking today now, or generally ?

Were you at the game today ?

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So are you talking today now, or generally ?

Were you at the game today ?

Yes and apart from running a lot he produced nothing. Im amazed this is good enough for some fans tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Our live wire and biggest threat for most of first half , until he was pushed wide right , and his ‘ugly work’  (Which many simply don’t ‘see’) was as usual excellent 

Sometimes not the most composed  , at the vital moment but we’d look a much poorer side without him IMHO, especially when we are having to scrap

Regularly sacrifices himself for the team 

As I said a managers dream in many respects

Agree work rate is always excellent... interesting I thought he was wide all game, I didn’t know what formation we started with tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Bentley 7

Hunt 6 Williams 7 Baker 5 Dasilva 6

Paterson 9 Smith 5 Brownhill 4

Elliasson 6 Fammy 6 Weimann 4

Very harsh, thought Baker and Dasilva were our two best players and Smith aswell did very well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...