IGNORED

New Singing Section?

CloudyThatchers

Well done to whoever was singing- the cheddar valley gets me going ( feed them a line) Coyr / so glad we got last gasp winner as the youngest boy was whining about how boring it was!! Johnson in tonight / Here’s hoping to better performances after the little break.I thought Jamie p was the city motm today.Hope he continues in the same vain.

To all those who are whining at the moment like myself and my youngest believe me it has been worse.I use to sit on the iron bar in the children’s enclosure from 1979-1983 . 

6 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Of course mate, I am in S26. Just frustrates me that S82 get slagged off most weeks but when one section sings they get a thread ?

I think everybody just needs to grow up a bit.

Lots want better atmosphere but today sitting in my seat; which is between the singing section and the area singing lots today; I was impressed when both areas sang the same song with the increased noise one minute and then utterly bewildered when seeing w⚓️ signs being thrown in each others direction when one area was singing a song (which to be honest I could not make out as was not loud enough at times) and the other area were singing something different.

Just accept sometimes fans in different areas start songs and cannot hear other areas attempts - there is enough us and them already in this club.

24 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Congratulations, one week a section other than S82 sang.. most of the time it’s a like a morgue 

Every home game, other areas sing. But S82 don’t seem to join in songs that they don’t start themselves.

They do great work, doing what they do, but they definitely create a divide. 
Genuine question - why didn’t they join in and spread the old classics when others started them and continue only singing the nonsense Jay Dasilva song that sounds like just using a tune for the sake of cramming someone’s name into it..? 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Every home game, other areas sing. But S82 don’t seem to join in songs that they don’t start themselves.

They do great work, doing what they do, but they definitely create a divide. 
Genuine question - why didn’t they join in and spread the old classics when others started them and continue only singing the nonsense Jay Dasilva song that sounds like just using a tune for the sake of cramming someone’s name into it..? 

I’m in S25 and I didn’t hear any singing from other blocks, I’m sure if others around me did as they would have joined in aswell. Let’s not create an us v them atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Robson said:

I’m in S25 and I didn’t hear any singing from other blocks, I’m sure if others around me did as they would have joined in aswell. Let’s not create an us v them atmosphere. 

My point is that it’s S82 (some of) that create exactly that. 
I’m just commenting on what I saw/heard today. 

Why create a divide, should all be singing as one . Join in with the old songs and join in with the new songs shouldn’t be a singing section or whatever should be a whole singing stand, then eventually get the whole ground going. Together as one! 

13 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Why create a divide, should all be singing as one . Join in with the old songs and join in with the new songs shouldn’t be a singing section or whatever should be a whole singing stand, then eventually get the whole ground going. Together as one! 

I've been a critic of s82 for many years on here. I dislike the constant drum bashing, I dislike them persevering with dreary songs that dont catch on and they choose to sing and drum bash to these dreary songs at vital moments in the game rather than a traditional come on you reds etc. The dont realise that they actually stifle the atmosphere in other stands with their bullshit Forza songs.

Perfect example today, NE has two songs, we he has two I dont know, one of them, the old Magnússon song really catches on around the ground, yet when NE scored today they choose to sing the song that isnt catchy and the sing that only them know the words and the tune to. 

I enjoyed today, there was pockets of fans around the SS really giving it a go, either where I sit in s18 where it's usually dead people were giving it a go. Today was very reminiscent of being stood on the old EE with the songs choices.

14 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I’m in the unreserved section but think it’s great when I hear other parts of the ground singing, I’d love it if the rest of the ground out sung us every game, we’d have a awesome atmosphere then ??

S82 have created that divide themselves. They only sing what THEY want to sing, despite being asked many many times to cut down on the Forza bullshit and the constant drum bashing they continue with it. They dont join in with songs that other areas have started, in fact it seems if another part of the ground has started a song, they start their own song and bash that drum even more frantically and louder to drown those areas out.

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

They were superb, haven’t heard do be do be do for years down the gate

a question to section 82, (who I’m a big fan of btw), why sing about a left back for 10 mins during our most sustained period of pressure? Just didn’t add up

You know i thought that, why on enough was that sung again and again for ages, don't like those repetitive ones that sort of carry no gusto and seem to drone on 

I'm in the unreserved corner and didn't hear anything from anywhere else. Often "COYR" from other areas will be joined in with by the corner. But there certainly isn't a conscious effort to ignore other parts of the ground, a strange suggestion.

I do agree that the songs from S82 are too 'Palace-like' if you will and that Man Utd copy-cat one is dreadful. Also more and more songs are being copied which didn't used to happen as much, but some noise is better than no noise, I guess. I reckon a return to traditional songs with the odd new one mixed in is the way.

In the main they are good for the atmosphere.

What about Red Army?

Remember a night game in late 80s that being sung non stop for 1st half in the east end - does anyone else recall this? it was left side to right side of east end alternating singing at each other - brilliant

Just reminising... haha

What other old songs should the new (old) singing section bring back? 

Do-be-do has to be another 

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Hit him on the head with a baseball bat, not heard that for decades.

Definitely been more recently than that! @Lew - T rightly referred to times it may have been heard.

4 hours ago, 054123 said:

It’s great to see and hear fans standing and singing around the ground.

The club have done well to nullify the atmosphere, before the redevelopment,  when I was younger, I stood and sang in the Atyeo, B Block of the Dolmam and then  the corner of the Williams. 

I remember A and B Block being quite noisy when I started going...sure that top few rows and not just a few on the top row were prone to standing too? (Started 1998).

Atyeo Blocks H and one of the others- don't recall which one, was either C or E were decent for atmosphere.

Certainly right about Williams too, Subbers moved in the bit near the away fans IIRC?

Then the end Block of Dolman- G I think?- before then. 

East End too of course.. A, B predated the Subbers. There was a decent spread of atmosphere in terms of area I thought.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They were great from the Dolman. 
Notable that the singing section didn’t join in and support them and just carried on singing the stupid new drones. 

I didn't hear any songs from where I was stood in the singing section from any other part of the ground. 

Probably a case of sound not travelling well but any excuse to have your usual pop.

23 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I didn't hear any songs from where I was stood in the singing section from any other part of the ground. 

Probably a case of sound not travelling well but any excuse to have your usual pop.

Usual pop..? Not sure what you mean. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Pop? … What like Dancin Queen by ABBA?  

Ffs, we'd never have sung pop in the old East End days....  ? 

#I'm a bow legged chicken I'm a knock kneed hen I ain't been so 'appy  since aI dont know when....

Archived