IGNORED

New Singing Section?

CloudyThatchers

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I didn't hear any songs from where I was stood in the singing section from any other part of the ground. 

Probably a case of sound not travelling well but any excuse to have your usual pop.

40 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Can’t say I heard them from the unreserved section, hopefully continues to grow though as it will improve the atmosphere. @Bar BS3 nobody intentionally chooses not to join in with chants started elsewhere!

What other songs did they chant? 

Seems that s82 has some unique acoustics which means it cant hear the rest of the ground, I sit in s18, directly opposite s82 and I can hear the pockets of fans in the SS that start and sing songs and can even tell where they are coming from. Save from there being some unique acoustics in s82 it's more than likely you cant hear **** all because someone spends the whole game banging the drum like an excited teenager having their 1st ever Tommy tank. 

Many many times over the last few seasons the SS would be in full force and then S82 then decides to sing some crap Forza song and bang the drum along to it, you cant tell me that isnt done unintentionally because it clearly is. S82 very rarely join in with other parts of the ground.

If S82 are serious about improving the atmosphere than they will take on board the comments in this thread, I wont hold my breath tho. 

Have that not realised that the rest of the ground doesn't join in with the Forza songs? Doesn't that in itself say something? The Forza songs have its place but that place should never be instead of the classic and traditional songs. The Forza songs are not cabable of producing mass participation at Ashton Gate. 

S82 reminds me of that shit DJ that only ever plays songs that he likes despite all the requests for popular songs and therefore the dancefloor remains empty.

I am in the unreserved section and find some of what put in here amazing all I can think is people can't hear us singing, we sing red army and on the head every game, and do be do has been sung lots of times this season, all the classes get sung, I am really happy others are singing I did hear them a few times and joined in, no one around me was throughing there toys out and not joining it , I didn't hear that many songs to join in with though, I can only think the the sound don't move around the ground very well which is why people think we are not singing some songs,

I really hope the new singers are there every week can only make the atmosphere better, but what I don't want to happen is what happened in the east end after it reopened with two groups back then it was those by the netting and those by the steps one lot singing really fast and one lot singing really slow both trying to mess each other songs up, 

That can't happen this time , ever join in with what's being sung or wait for it to die down then start your song that goes for both sections, to day we where singing city classic drink up the cider and half way through the new section started a different song doing stuff like that just upset people and dose no one any good, why not wait a minute for the song to finish then start the one you want to, 

Also don't see the problem with new songs JD song is fun easy for everyone to join in and gets a good party atmosphere going lots having fun bouncing around , which sends a positive atmosphere onto the pitch which can only be of help to the players, just imagine all the south stand dancing around singing it would be brilliant, 

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Many many times over the last few seasons the SS would be in full force and then S82 then decides to sing some crap Forza song and bang the drum along to it, you cant tell me that isnt done unintentionally because it clearly is. S82 very rarely join in with other parts of the ground.

If S82 are serious about improving the atmosphere than they will take on board the comments in this thread, I wont hold my breath tho. 

Have that not realised that the rest of the ground doesn't join in with the Forza songs? Doesn't that in itself say something? 

This is a perfect summary of what's happening with the atmosphere at the moment. 

I totally agree that some noise is better than none, but why does s82 not join in (or they actually try and outsing) when the rest of the ground starts singing?

7 hours ago, MattWSM said:

What about Red Army?

Remember a night game in late 80s that being sung non stop for 1st half in the east end - does anyone else recall this? it was left side to right side of east end alternating singing at each other - brilliant

Just reminising... haha

What other old songs should the new (old) singing section bring back? 

Do-be-do has to be another.

"Berr-iss-tollll"....."you'll never take the east end"...."my old man said be a Rovers fan..."...Oh the memories. A few pork pies being thrown into the crowd at half time would be good too...??

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

@winsaw I genuinely don’t think I have ever heard section 82 sing do be do be do

when those lads started it yesterday you could tell it brought back instant happy memories for many people and a lot joined in 

Do be do be do

Bow legged chicken

bring them back 

Like I commented further up these songs get sung but I think because a lot of the ‘singing section’ are a lot younger they don’t know the songs and don’t make the effort to join in with them.

2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

This is a perfect summary of what's happening with the atmosphere at the moment. 

I totally agree that some noise is better than none, but why does s82 not join in (or they actually try and outsing) when the rest of the ground starts singing?

Its possibly to do with a lot of the older songs being pretty short so by the time it reaches the singing section and we figure out what song it is then it’s pretty much over. 

There is no divide between areas or there certainly shouldn’t be, a lot of people in the section 82 group have put a lot of time and money into creating an atmosphere at Ashton gate so I can’t imagine them going against people trying to sing.

Again, this is a wonderful case of divide and conquer.

When I go to football I like to stand, sing, swear, shout and generally just have a bit of escapism.

In the past, we’ve moved around the ground and different areas became more vocal and there was a general acceptance that the noise was part of football.

What the club have very, very cleverly done is a sort of gentrification of the stadium by  being very relaxed about S27,S26 etc. but clamping down elsewhere. It’s then created a very ‘us and them’ culture. 

I really couldn’t care where I am in the ground (at present I tend to stand in S26) as long as I can stand shout sweet and sing. 

Maybe the issue people in other parts of the ground don’t feel like they can because  of the club, not because of a few youngsters in S25?

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

@winsaw I genuinely don’t think I have ever heard section 82 sing do be do be do

when those lads started it yesterday you could tell it brought back instant happy memories for many people and a lot joined in 

Do be do be do

Bow legged chicken

bring them back 

Go for it.

You don’t need anyone’s permission do you?

2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

What a load of fabricated nonsense.

I stand with a group of dads in their 40s in S26 (a herd of our kids at the front) who have pretty much seen most things, stood all around the ground in our times and just want the freedom to stand and sing and shout as we sit fit. We couldn’t give a crap where the noise comes from and our ugly mugs certainly don’t do it at the behest of section 82 (which as has been pointed out many times isn’t really a thing).

The only real song that catches fire in the Dolman is COYR and when it carries down, everyone around me joins in and belts it out. Always have done since I started standing there 3 seasons.

This whole thing is now descending into lies and farce.

I like to purchase an unreserved seat in S26 as it gives me the chance to sing, stand, swear and shout with likeminded individuals without necessarily offending anyone else. That is all.

If you want to do the same with your friends in the dolman or south stand or wherever, go for it.

57 minutes ago, KevP said:

"Berr-iss-tollll"....."you'll never take the east end"...."my old man said be a Rovers fan..."...Oh the memories. A few pork pies being thrown into the crowd at half time would be good too...??

yes Berrisstollll where has that gone

and "we'll see you in the park"

come on, old east end can rise again

1 hour ago, KevP said:

and the east end toilet facilities, "open air wall with a concrete drainage channel"

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Every home game, other areas sing. But S82 don’t seem to join in songs that they don’t start themselves.

They do great work, doing what they do, but they definitely create a divide. 
Genuine question - why didn’t they join in and spread the old classics when others started them and continue only singing the nonsense Jay Dasilva song that sounds like just using a tune for the sake of cramming someone’s name into it..? 

Genuinely didn’t hear any of the songs started from S21, seen a few posts about how great the atmosphere was in there today which is excellent - just need to all be situated together and not stuck in the corners either side of the South Stand!

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They were great from the Dolman. 
Notable that the singing section didn’t join in and support them and just carried on singing the stupid new drones. 

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

S82 have created that divide themselves. They only sing what THEY want to sing, despite being asked many many times to cut down on the Forza bullshit and the constant drum bashing they continue with it. They dont join in with songs that other areas have started, in fact it seems if another part of the ground has started a song, they start their own song and bash that drum even more frantically and louder to drown those areas out.

What a load of nonsense ?

The divide has been created by the club. If it hasn’t been created by the club  then you’re  free to stand and sing and swear and shout wherever you like aren’t you?

We used to.

Keep posting?

14 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Genuinely didn’t hear any of the songs started from S21, seen a few posts about how great the atmosphere was in there today which is excellent - just need to all be situated together and not stuck in the corners either side of the South Stand!

I heard something, but it certainly didn’t carry around like when the COYR starts or when B block of the Dolman get going.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Seems that s82 has some unique acoustics which means it cant hear the rest of the ground, I sit in s18, directly opposite s82 and I can hear the pockets of fans in the SS that start and sing songs and can even tell where they are coming from. Save from there being some unique acoustics in s82 it's more than likely you cant hear **** all because someone spends the whole game banging the drum like an excited teenager having their 1st ever Tommy tank. 

Have that not realised that the rest of the ground doesn't join in with the Forza songs? Doesn't that in itself say something? The Forza songs have its place but that place should never be instead of the classic and traditional songs. The Forza songs are not cabable of producing mass participation at Ashton Gate. 

S82 reminds me of that shit DJ that only ever plays songs that he likes despite all the requests for popular songs and therefore the dancefloor remains empty.

Are you on about the unreserved section as a whole or the 10 or so lads that are actually S82? 

I can assure you once again, nobody in there goes out of their way to avoid singing songs started in other parts of the ground. 

Why don’t you come and join us for one game & see if you can hear other parts of the ground when in there? You can’t hear them because most times in S25/S26 you have chants starting all game, whether that be from the lads around the drum, the group at the top of S25 or the younger lads that tend to sit up the top of S26 by the Dolman. 

The point about the ‘Forza songs’ whatever those are, is also a bit strange for me to read because when in there yesterday I heard a couple Wurzels songs hardly take off, Cider army was going for about 5 minutes but didn’t really get many going. The only songs I can think you might be on about is the ‘I see the Eastend arising’? I quite like that one personally & most of the section gets involved when it’s going!

What songs do you suggest we chant in there? 

50 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

We’re literally discussing this point, people were going for it, of which I and many others were part off....

Brilliant?

I don’t understand the criticism on this thread of the area of the ground I stand in.

So much angst toward a group of youngsters singing and doing their own thing. 

Because when you were young in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s you definitely weren’t like that, of course you weren’t. I believe you.

When I was in my teens, we used to start songs in whatever part of the ground we happened to be in. Didn’t really matter who joined in and certainly never occurred as a problem, the fact that many didn’t ?.

I was really not looking forward to yesterday half expecting a really toxic atmosphere if we struggled. It was cold and not particularly inspiring in S20 and then the singers started behind us. It was like going back in time to days of old, like going to a gig with a tribute band only to find the original band had reformed and turned up. It transformed the atmosphere and gave everyone a lift. No disrespect to the singing section but this was proper old skool and suddenly the Gate felt like home again.

To all those that were singing back up there thank you. It’s the most fun some of us oldies have had down there for a long time. Whilst the players were taking the applause at the end it was you lot that made the day for many of us. As the game went on talk amongst us turned to the likes of Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter amongst others. I think if the former was looking down on us yesterday he would have had that smile and a glint in his eye that he had as he introduced himself to the opposition with his opening tackle. Ah memories but also a lesson to the hierarchy about creating an atmosphere at the Gate.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Are you on about the unreserved section as a whole or the 10 or so lads that are actually S82? 

I can assure you once again, nobody in there goes out of their way to avoid singing songs started in other parts of the ground. 

Why don’t you come and join us for one game & see if you can hear other parts of the ground when in there? You can’t hear them because most times in S25/S26 you have chants starting all game, whether that be from the lads around the drum, the group at the top of S25 or the younger lads that tend to sit up the top of S26 by the Dolman. 

The point about the ‘Forza songs’ whatever those are, is also a bit strange for me to read because when in there yesterday I heard a couple Wurzels songs hardly take off, Cider army was going for about 5 minutes but didn’t really get many going. The only songs I can think you might be on about is the ‘I see the Eastend arising’? I quite like that one personally & most of the section gets involved when it’s going!

What songs do you suggest we chant in there? 

Couldn’t agree more. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I was really not looking forward to yesterday half expecting a really toxic atmosphere if we struggled. It was cold and not particularly inspiring in S20 and then the singers started behind us. It was like going back in time to days of old, like going to a gig with a tribute band only to find the original band had reformed and turned up. It transformed the atmosphere and gave everyone a lift. No disrespect to the singing section but this was proper old skool and suddenly the Gate felt like home again.

To all those that were singing back up there thank you. It’s the most fun some of us oldies have had down there for a long time. Whilst the players were taking the applause at the end it was you lot that made the day for many of us. As the game went on talk amongst us turned to the likes of Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter amongst others. I think if the former was looking down on us yesterday he would have had that smile and a glint in his eye that he had as he introduced himself to the opposition with his opening tackle. Ah memories but also a lesson to the hierarchy about creating an atmosphere at the Gate.

Exactly.

The hierarchy. 

So much angst toward a group of youngsters singing and doing their own thing. 

Because when you were young in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s you definitely weren’t like that, of course you weren’t. I believe you.

Archived