IGNORED

New Singing Section?

CloudyThatchers

3 hours ago, Club and Country said:

@winsaw I genuinely don’t think I have ever heard section 82 sing do be do be do

when those lads started it yesterday you could tell it brought back instant happy memories for many people and a lot joined in 

Do be do be do

Bow legged chicken

bring them back 

Heard it many times.

But I’ve had a season ticket in S26 for three years.

I wonder why the Lansdown have never sung it?

3 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Fair play for another area starting songs and creating more atmosphere, fair play to unreserved section for singing , the more the better all round. Relatively speaking thought it was a bit better in there yesterday...if the quality of football improves a bit it might rival a superclasico atmosphere ?

Well said 

The EastEnd boys are in town....

Smell my fingers...

We are the people....

I haven’t heard these for years. I’m in the generation where I’ve heard old and new modern chants. I was in the EastEnd before the redevelopment and now in the unreserved section and I never hear those songs anymore. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Smell my fingers...

We are the people....

I haven’t heard these for years. I’m in the generation where I’ve heard old and new modern chants. I was in the EastEnd before the redevelopment and now in the unreserved section and I never hear those songs anymore. 

I can only assume this is a sarcastic post?

Elvis often starts smell my fingers?

We are the people also gets sung

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Seems that s82 has some unique acoustics which means it cant hear the rest of the ground, I sit in s18, directly opposite s82 and I can hear the pockets of fans in the SS that start and sing songs and can even tell where they are coming from. Save from there being some unique acoustics in s82 it's more than likely you cant hear **** all because someone spends the whole game banging the drum like an excited teenager having their 1st ever Tommy tank. 

Many many times over the last few seasons the SS would be in full force and then S82 then decides to sing some crap Forza song and bang the drum along to it, you cant tell me that isnt done unintentionally because it clearly is. S82 very rarely join in with other parts of the ground.

If S82 are serious about improving the atmosphere than they will take on board the comments in this thread, I wont hold my breath tho. 

Have that not realised that the rest of the ground doesn't join in with the Forza songs? Doesn't that in itself say something? The Forza songs have its place but that place should never be instead of the classic and traditional songs. The Forza songs are not cabable of producing mass participation at Ashton Gate. 

The east end had loads of songs about the east end. The whole ground doesn't join in consistently throughout the game, so there's no need for every single song to be a generic one. Usually the location unique songs come during lulls in the game.

The other issue, and something i've repeated many many times, is the location of S82 which is as far away from the away fans as physically possible. To have a great atmosphere at AG, you need the most vocal area of the ground next to the away fans. That's partly why the EE worked so well. 

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

S82 reminds me of that shit DJ that only ever plays songs that he likes despite all the requests for popular songs and therefore the dancefloor remains empty.

As someone with considerable experience in this field, that'll be because most song requests are totally inappropriate - whether it's to do with tempo or music policy of the venue. It's so irritating to have a group of drunken women on a hen party shouting in your ear that they want 'cotton eye joe' or something like that in a respectable nightclub. 

47 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Brilliant?

I don’t understand the criticism on this thread of the area of the ground I stand in.

So much angst toward a group of youngsters singing and doing their own thing. 

Because when you were young in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s you definitely weren’t like that, of course you weren’t. I believe you.

When I was in my teens, we used to start songs in whatever part of the ground we happened to be in. Didn’t really matter who joined in and certainly never occurred as a problem, the fact that many didn’t ?.

Mate, relax

54 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Exactly.

The hierarchy. 

So much angst toward a group of youngsters singing and doing their own thing. 

Because when you were young in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s you definitely weren’t like that, of course you weren’t. I believe you.

This was not a dig at the ‘younger’ singing section who do a great job pushed into a single section and have come up with their own classics in recent years. It was an observation that at least at the other end of the South Stand there was more atmosphere yesterday and that is for the hierarchy to consider.

Personally when  I was young I never sang and I never have (just not my thing) but I appreciate those who do of whatever age. I don’t get this divisive thing people are trying to create, it doesn’t matter whether we have 2 singing sections the more the merrier because what makes Ashton Gate special is people having a great day out. If mine was better yesterday hearing some old classics then what’s the problem. Some people are just a little too sensitive and insecure these days. It’s not a competition it’s about sharing the love for the club we support. I enjoy coffee and I hate cider but that doesn’t mean that I can’t go down the Gate and enjoy the experience. 

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

@winsaw I genuinely don’t think I have ever heard section 82 sing do be do be do

It gets sung most games by us, yesterday was one of the few games it's not been sung this season, 

It's a bit worrying that no one seams able to hear it can only think the corner holds the sound in where as the back of the south stand pushed the sound out into the ground, if it's true it's a bit rubbish and dose explain why other bits of the ground don't join in when we sing songs that everyone knows, 

I've always said it should be the entire south stand for atmosphere..We don't deserve being stuck in one corner.. Most successful clubs have a kop or home end why should we be no different? Why shouldn't we have big flags going across, Why shouldnt we have the stand looking and sounding amazing..I'm hoping yesterday is the start..As fans at home we could achieve alot more,Make section 82 grow,Something needs changing because the atmosphere has fallen flat on its face since it's been rebuilt,

Make it a kop end then the atmosphere will change let the ground use its acoustics to it fall potential.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

This was not a dig at the ‘younger’ singing section who do a great job pushed into a single section and have come up with their own classics in recent years. It was an observation that at least at the other end of the South Stand there was more atmosphere yesterday and that is for the hierarchy to consider.

Personally when  I was young I never sang and I never have (just not my thing) but I appreciate those who do of whatever age. I don’t get this divisive thing people are trying to create, it doesn’t matter whether we have 2 singing sections the more the merrier because what makes Ashton Gate special is people having a great day out. If mine was better yesterday hearing some old classics then what’s the problem. Some people are just a little too sensitive and insecure these days. It’s not a competition it’s about sharing the love for the club we support. I enjoy coffee and I hate cider but that doesn’t mean that I can’t go down the Gate and enjoy the experience. 

Sorry, crossed wires. I was agreeing with you that it’s the club that have created. Hardy the fault of a small group of youngsters as some on here seem to think.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Smell my fingers...

We are the people....

That's disappointing to here as smell my fingers was sung twice on new year day game , East end boys deffenalty sung at least once in December, amazed u didn't here them surly the sound doesn't travel so bad in the corner that is s26 is singing s25 don't here it proper, 

One thing I have noticed is different parts of the unreserved tend to join in with different songs maybe try a different area of the unreserved and see if more people around you who sing the songs you like, I am usually right in the middle near the drum and it's good there the guys to the left of me usual sing the newer songs the guys to the right usual some of the older songs so get singing all game ,

30 minutes ago, Street red said:

I've always said it should be the entire south stand for atmosphere..We don't deserve being stuck in one corner.. Most successful clubs have a kop or home end why should we be no different? Why shouldn't we have big flags going across, Why shouldnt we have the stand looking and sounding amazing..I'm hoping yesterday is the start..As fans at home we could achieve alot more,Make section 82 grow,Something needs changing because the atmosphere has fallen flat on its face since it's been rebuilt,

Make it a kop end then the atmosphere will change let the ground use its acoustics to it fall potential.

Completely agree with this, imagine the noise the whole south stand could create singing as one! 

Shrewsbury on Tuesday was interesting. Flags and allocated 'singing section' (with Rail seats) opposite the away end then roughly 300 or so all stood singing in the side stand right next to the away end. I must admit for a small modern ground it was a fairly impressive atmosphere, good on them. Most of it was copy-cat lower league drivel mind you but they made a decent noise. On that note, the Dolman lower block nearest the Atyeo, could that be an option as an extension to the unreserved corner? Alternatively how about a return to the Atyeo corner and split the stand again (like the league cup games in 2017/18) whilst still retaining the unreserved corner?

4 hours ago, KevP said:

"Berr-iss-tollll"....."you'll never take the east end"...."my old man said be a Rovers fan..."...Oh the memories. A few pork pies being thrown into the crowd at half time would be good too...??

I think that at my first game they had models being driven around the ground sprawled across the bonnets of Datsun's. I was too young too appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

Personally I think it would make a massive difference even when the team isn't playing well..I think it would be pretty impressive.

Agreed, we would be able to raise the team. I just really hope the noise created yesterday spreads across the stand, imagine all the flags and banners all the way across as well now that would be impressive! 

1 hour ago, Street red said:

I've always said this. Unfortunately, atmosphere has always been bottom of the list of priorities when deciding how the ground was redesigned. 

My ideal situation, albeit an unrealistic one perhaps, is for the club to redevelop the Atyeo into a proper single tiered 'home end' - a bit like the Jack Hayward stand at Molineux. Have that stand standing alone, away from the rest of the stadium bowl and make it safe standing. Have away fans in the corner nearest to that side. That has the potential to be amazing for the atmosphere in my opinion.

Image result for jack hayward stand molineux

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've always said this. Unfortunately, atmosphere has always been bottom of the list of priorities when deciding how the ground was redesigned. 

My ideal situation, albeit an unrealistic one perhaps, is for the club to redevelop the Atyeo into a proper single tiered 'home end' - a bit like the Jack Hayward stand at Molineux. Have that stand standing alone, away from the rest of the stadium bowl and make it safe standing. Have away fans in the corner nearest to that side. That has the potential to be amazing for the atmosphere in my opinion.

Image result for jack hayward stand molineux

Could the same not be achieved with the south stand now? Turn the stand into a ‘singing section’ to allow more people to stand and it become our home end which in turn would hopefully spur on the other stands to join in as one? 

8 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Could the same not be achieved with the south stand now? Turn the stand into a ‘singing section’ to allow more people to stand and it become our home end which in turn would hopefully spur on the other stands to join in as one? 

Top half of south stand to become unreserved safe standing.  Don’t think the club are that interested though.

9 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Think to really get it going again there needs to be that interaction with the away fans. That’s not to say that we can’t make a racket at the other end in isolation but I think the best atmospheres have always been where there is interaction with the away end. 

18 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Don't think so because a lot of people have made that their 'place' now and they are the type who like to just go and watch the game - nothing wrong with that and would be wrong to shift them out. In my example, the new home end would be safe standing and lots of people prefer to sit. It could've been achievable if they made that the home end from the outset, but they didn't.

I think any new 'home end' needs to be created with the understanding that most people there are there for the atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

Lets be honest the whole experience is pretty terrible these days.

The whole experience is certainly different. Part of me thinks do I just have accept that what I fell in love with just doesn’t exist anymore?

11 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yep, mentioned this on a similar topic last month. We're a family club now, the days of frenzied wild atmospheres are well dead. 

Why are they dead though? I know it’s never going to be like the east end but we are still capable of creating an atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Top half of south stand to become unreserved safe standing.  Don’t think the club are that interested though.

That’s a good idea I’m sure the rest of the stand would naturally join in as well. 

There was a time not to long ago when if away fans sang any of that forza ultra stuff we’d respond with ‘are you palace in disguise?’ 

Would be good to see some of our real fan culture return and getting the old songs going seems like a good place to start 

Archived