IGNORED

New Singing Section?

CloudyThatchers

41 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Would be great when they can install rail seats for them to go all across the rear of the South Stand! Would certainly improve the atmosphere! 

This would be a great idea for next season. Unreserved at the top. Then there is a case for waiting for rail seats to be installed after that. Would improve the atmosphere 100%. I do feel the club have messed up big time. They do seem to praise the singers when it suits them but do bugger all to help.

This would be my idea that i posted on another thread

2028271450_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy.thumb.jpg.7dfa7fb6645c8f4355394bb12672d59e.jpg379293624_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.d943b9edbcfd53e68d965d1d2f5e5253.jpg

4 hours ago, winsaw said:

It gets sung most games by us, yesterday was one of the few games it's not been sung this season, 

It's a bit worrying that no one seams able to hear it can only think the corner holds the sound in where as the back of the south stand pushed the sound out into the ground, if it's true it's a bit rubbish and dose explain why other bits of the ground don't join in when we sing songs that everyone knows, 

The acoustics in the ground are not very good, or conducive to atmosphere.

Sound doesn't travel well or between stands so well IMO. Dunno why. 

Chants wise, (dunno if it was the corner or the 'new' singing section)  I did at one point hear 'C' 'I' 'T' 'Y'. Like call and response, a guy shouts it our and crowd join in. 

Not heard that in a while!

2 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Top half of south stand to become unreserved safe standing.  Don’t think the club are that interested though.

The club, the SAG or both? 

I don't think the Safety Advisory Group would be too keen tbh.

Remember too that as it stands, and tbh all of what I'm posting now is at it stands, unreserved seating has a 10% mandatory capacity reduction. 

There are many different and good ideas our there. Problem is, convincing the club who in turn would need to convince the SAG, Licensing bodies etc.

1 hour ago, T R said:

This would be a great idea for next season. Unreserved at the top. Then there is a case for waiting for rail seats to be installed after that. Would improve the atmosphere 100%. I do feel the club have messed up big time. They do seem to praise the singers when it suits them but do bugger all to help.

2028271450_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy.thumb.jpg.7dfa7fb6645c8f4355394bb12672d59e.jpg379293624_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.d943b9edbcfd53e68d965d1d2f5e5253.jpg

They was a visual in the Post a couple of years ago showing the same. I think it would be the ideal solution 

1 hour ago, T R said:

If that was full up with people looking to create an atmosphere then Ashton gate would be rocking I reckon. Anyone know if/when rail seats are going to be put in the ground?

3 hours ago, T R said:

So  where do the current season ticket holders go? Some maybe part of a large group.

Just asking..

3 hours ago, T R said:

Section 82 has to extend and agree with this ..Being in the corner isn't the answer because the sound needs to move forward or up and out towards the pitch.. Being in the corner restricts it.. The club's idea of creating an atmosphere..They have no idea along with pa system which is completely useless.. Change both 100% and then we can make Ashton gate something special.. 

47 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So  where do the current season ticket holders go? Some maybe part of a large group.

Just asking..

Good question, was something I thought about for a while. Hoping quite a few will come and join us. I know a few are former east enders who cannot get a ticket in the singing section. Hoping most season ticket holders who have to move would go in the corner which is quite a good view. Also I suggested on another thread to make the disabled section a bit smaller so you can put more seats in at the front. and make the disabled section longer in the dolman.

Still working on other ideas for now

10 minutes ago, T R said:

Good question, was something I thought about for a while. Hoping quite a few will come and join us. I know a few are former east enders who cannot get a ticket in the singing section. Hoping most season ticket holders who have to move would go in the corner which is quite a good view. Also I suggested on another thread to make the disabled section a bit smaller so you can put more seats in at the front. and make the disabled section longer in the dolman.

Still working on other ideas for now

So you expect current season ticket holders to move from the central block into the corner? Can't see that happening, sorry.

Increase the disabled section in front of the Dolman so more displaced supporters can be moved into the corner?

Sorry bud, singing section needs to make the best of what it's got.

47 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So you expect current season ticket holders to move from the central block into the corner? Can't see that happening, sorry.

Increase the disabled section in front of the Dolman so more displaced supporters can be moved into the corner?

Sorry bud, singing section needs to make the best of what it's got.

See this is the problem the club have created by not doing it correctly in the first place now fans have got too comfortable. So on that basis I shan't bother then.

6 minutes ago, T R said:

See this is the problem the club have created by not doing it correctly in the first place now fans have got too comfortable. So on that basis I shan't bother then.

Not saying that, but you are right this is down to the club.

The phasing of the build was excellent and worked a treat. Alongside this though the club needed to phase the movement of supporters. To do this you need to know where you want supporters to be when the building works are complete, and then move supporters accordingly.

This just didn't happen and is why we are where we are now.

Trying to change things now is really tricky.

Good luck to you, I have a ST in the SS and love a bit of a sing, and appreciate those who try and create atmosphere.

Just for information  - before recently retiring, I spent a lifetime of work in the construction industry (Architectural Profession) so I know this should have happened.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...any thoughts on this point @Robbored ?

The singing section is poorly situated. It should have been behind the SS goal.

We rarely hear anything from in the Dolman so it makes little difference to me,

Btw - anyone who watched Liverpool v Man Utd would have heard the crystal clear PA system from Anfield.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Btw - anyone who watched Liverpool v Man Utd would have heard the crystal clear PA system from Anfield.

“Like” ... just thought you’d commented a ‘couple of times’ on our PA system, so thought the subject was close to your heart rather than making little difference to you ...

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No it shouldn't/couldn't!!!

What happens to the supporters in the adjacent blocks if the singing section goes behind the goal?

Either the singer's have to stay sat down or everyone else has to stand up or they can only see half the pitch!

Why don't you get this?

@T R

@Street red

Have you yet factored I'm the mandatory 10% reduction in capacity for unreserved areas? 

Let alone what others have mentioned about upheaval of existing season ticket holders.

Ideas on here are a good platform and basis, but fans who are like minded need to come up with a plan to sell it to the club, who in turn must sell it to the SAG.. 

I should also add, on the latter club and SAG point, an additional unreserved in say 2 or 3 blocks of lower Dolman... 

Firstly, with the Swansea game still fresh in the mind, albeit nearly a year ago how do the club and SAG know that there won't be bother in that area again with noisy near to away fans? 

Secondly, would the SAG go for it- bot only for the reason above but standing and unreserved in two parts of the ground? 

How do we go about pitching it to them, with these issues they will raise, as possible concerns...10% reduction would apply in those other areas, if unreserved...will the club want that revenue hit? 

Atmosphere vs revenue vs perceived risk. Lots of tradeoffs possibly necessary, some of these tradeoffs I don't really see discussed.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Like” ... just thought you’d commented a ‘couple of times’ on our PA system, so thought the subject was close to your heart rather than making little difference to you ...

I was referring to to the location of the singing section and how we can hear them in the Dolman.

3 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

No it shouldn't/couldn't!!!

What happens to the supporters in the adjacent blocks if the singing section goes behind the goal?

Either the singer's have to stay sat down or everyone else has to stand up or they can only see half the pitch!

Why don't you get this?

Oh I get it alright. 

My point is that the signing section should have been located behind the SS when the redevelopment was completed. Instead the club tucked them away in the corner.

Question is - why was that?

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh I get it alright. 

My point is that the signing section should have been located behind the SS when the redevelopment was completed. Instead the club tucked them away in the corner.

Question is - why was that?

So you don't get it then do you?

Someone SAT next to someone STOOD will see bugger all...

So how do you get over that?

Straight from the off when the south stand was built 3 blocks behind the goal should have been unreserved and either side of that season ticket holders this would of been a starting point but theyve gone about it the wrong way...(maybe standing would be an issue with this for seeing both corner flags )

The south stand is crying out for some noise,This end of the ground has always been the home end don't you think it's been taken away? Just like when they shoved away fans in the East end it killed it and then we had to fight for it back Again!

Imagine doing that to the kop at liverpool or the Stretford end at old Trafford and shoving them in a corner!! It would never happen and would kill what atmosphere these grounds create.

Don't understand this 10% reduction thing either.

Makes the development of the atyeo stand more important as it will solve the the long list of problems the ground causes!!

7 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

There was a time not to long ago when if away fans sang any of that forza ultra stuff we’d respond with ‘are you palace in disguise?’ 

Would be good to see some of our real fan culture return and getting the old songs going seems like a good place to start 

It would indeed I remember the last game for the East end I knew then that it was about to die it's like the end of a chapter a closed song book and left to gather dust!! Someone needs to find that duster ....

41 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So you don't get it then do you?

Someone SAT next to someone STOOD will see bugger all...

So how do you get over that?

Oh bless, RR is confused.

Let me try and explain it simply so hopefully you will understand.

Two friends Paul and Henry like to go to football.

Paul likes to stand up and sing whereas Henry prefers to sit down in his seat.

You with me so far?

They go to Ashton Gate and Paul joins the singer's in the block behind the goal.

Henry sits in the block next to Paul.

After the game, they meet up. Paul had a brilliant time and asked Henry what he thought of the match and in particular, City's second goal.

Henry replies "not a clue, couldn't see a bloody thing with you lot stood up"

Do you understand now? If not I will try a Janet and John version.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have you yet factored I'm the mandatory 10% reduction in capacity for unreserved areas? 

It's my understanding that this is advisory as opposed to mandatory, I could be wrong.

18 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Let me try and explain it simply so hopefully you will understand

Pretty sure the other chap means it should've been the back rows set as the unreserved section when the rebuild was complete rather than suggesting it be changed now. 

Although It actually seems like a decent idea, roughly 1100 in the corner at present how many rows would that equate to across the top of the south stand and how many would be willing to move down a row or two or willingly be added to the unreserved section or move to the corner or even another part of the ground? It could well even itself out, alternatively it could be a nightmare...

2 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Pretty sure the other chap means it should've been the back rows set as the unreserved section when the rebuild was complete rather than suggesting it be changed now. 

Although It actually seems like a decent idea, roughly 1100 in the corner at present how many rows would that equate to across the top of the south stand and how many would be willing to move down a row or two or willingly be added to the unreserved section or move to the corner or even another part of the ground? It could well even itself out, alternatively it could be a nightmare...

Would be good if the club could send out a poll to season ticket holders in the south stand to see if they would be willing to either be part of the new standing singing section or possibly move. Would improve the atmosphere massively having the back of the south stand as as one big singing section. 

7 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

It's my understanding that this is advisory as opposed to mandatory, I could be wrong.

Maybe, but he says "the block behind the goal".

He also could have qualified his post, but didn't.

Even if it is just the top rows, unless it goes right across the entire stand, you will still have the problem I have tried to outline.

2 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Would be good if the club could send out a poll to season ticket holders in the south stand to see if they would be willing to either be part of the new standing singing section or possibly move. Would improve the atmosphere massively having the back of the south stand as as one big singing section.

Just done a basic count. 7 blocks, roughly 25 seats per row, multiply that by 8 and that's 1400. So 8 rows from the back unless my maths is really bad...

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Maybe, but he says "the block behind the goal".

He also could have qualified his post, but didn't.

Even if it is just the top rows, unless it goes right across the entire stand, you will still have the problem I have tried to outline.

Yeah fair enough, makes sense.

Archived