IGNORED

New Singing Section?

CloudyThatchers

• Admin
2 hours ago, Red94 said:

Has anyone actually approached the club recently to see if the singing section can be extended to a bigger area of the south stand?

I believe so and it was a no

Is there really the demand for it?

We've already seen the impact that it has on the rest of the ground trying to put all these people into one area of the ground

On 20/01/2020 at 10:14, Blagdon red said:

Yes, the 10% capacity reduction (which a SAG can, but does not have to, impose) relates to unreserved seating, not standing.

The thinking behind it is that if fans don't have an allocated seat they will fill the seating rows inefficiently, leaving gaps here and there. Latecomers will then not see those gaps and may be inclined to stand in the aisles. To avoid such standing in the aisles the capacity is reduced.

It could be argued that making the rows easier to access by replacing conventional seats with much slimmer rail seats would negate the need for any capacity reduction.

Hi Blagdon Red. Does the 10% capacity reduction include cup games? Particularly thinking about the man utd and man city games. We have none season ticket holders coming in trying to claim their seats. They were told by fans and stewards it was an unreserved area which they seemed to not understand. Obviously the club sold these extra 10% seats. and then we had the problem of season ticket holders coming in late which you mentioned above. Which caused problems with fans standing infront of other fans because the stewards couldn't find any empty spaces.

Perhaps next time SAG should enforce this for cup games?

• SC&T Board Members
8 minutes ago, T R said:

Hi Blagdon Red. Does the 10% capacity reduction include cup games? Particularly thinking about the man utd and man city games. We have none season ticket holders coming in trying to claim their seats. They were told by fans and stewards it was an unreserved area which they seemed to not understand. Obviously the club sold these extra 10% seats. and then we had the problem of season ticket holders coming in late which you mentioned above. Which caused problems with fans standing infront of other fans because the stewards couldn't find any empty spaces.

Perhaps next time SAG should enforce this for cup games?

The 10% reduction is a discretionary thing that a SAG may or may not choose to impose. I believe that City argued successfully that it should be waived for the Man Utd and Man City games. I presume the argument was that everyone would have a seat row and number and be required to occupy their designated place.

The solution in future is not to enforce the 10% reduction, but to increase the amount of room, so that everyone can move along the rows easily to find a free space.

6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

The 10% reduction is a discretionary thing that a SAG may or may not choose to impose. I believe that City argued successfully that it should be waived for the Man Utd and Man City games. I presume the argument was that everyone would have a seat row and number and be required to occupy their designated place.

The solution in future is not to enforce the 10% reduction, but to increase the amount of room, so that everyone can move along the rows easily to find a free space.

Thanks very much for the swift reply. Really look forward for the safe standing to come in. fingers crossed

20 hours ago, Red94 said:

Has anyone actually approached the club recently to see if the singing section can be extended to a bigger area of the south stand?

I doubt it. @JerrySLO I would absolutely love to have a meeting with Mark Ashton and other relevant members at the club to discuss improving the matchday experience and put some suggestions forward. The chances of it happening are nil as the message I take now is that the club barely gives a toss about the fans anymore but I would absolutely love to do it before the new season tickets go on sale and it’s too late.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

I doubt it. @JerrySLO I would absolutely love to have a meeting with Mark Ashton and other relevant members at the club to discuss improving the matchday experience and put some suggestions forward. The chances of it happening are nil as the message I take now is that the club barely gives a toss about the fans anymore but I would absolutely love to do it before the new season tickets go on sale and it’s too late.

Their are channels that you could join but like many others we all want to have our opinions heard 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Their are channels that you could join but like many others we all want to have our opinions heard 

Does anyone actually make themselves heard though? There seems to be no chance whatsoever despite the discontent about the matchday experience, the layout of the ground will be exactly the same again next year and it’ll barely be contested.

1 hour ago, HayBCFC said:

Does anyone actually make themselves heard though? There seems to be no chance whatsoever despite the discontent about the matchday experience, the layout of the ground will be exactly the same again next year and it’ll barely be contested.

I agree I think something should be done, if they listened to the fans a lot more the whole match day atmosphere would be so much better. For example turning the music off before kick off to let the noise grow naturally. 

On 20/01/2020 at 00:31, Blagdon red said:

I think you mean these computer-generated visuals. It was an idea the SC&T suggested for installing rail seats in the S82 area with a vision for the future of then expanding that area across the back of the South Stand. Very much like what is being proposed in this thread.

final-stage-2B.png

Thinking about this Blagdon Red, I reckon if the club were brave and made the SS top tier/corner all safe standing - it would prove to be hugely popular. 

Did the club ever respond to this as an idea?

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thinking about this Blagdon Red, I reckon if the club were brave and made the SS top tier/corner all safe standing - it would prove to be hugely popular. 

It has the potential to be brilliant if it was done correctly, would be the closest we have had to the eastend in a very long time and the noise would certainly be something if all singing as one. 

• SC&T Board Members
6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not so much back then, but more recently there have been talks with the club about rail seating and those are ongoing.

4 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Not so much back then, but more recently there have been talks with the club about rail seating and those are ongoing.

Could the singing section not just be expanded as per the pictures instead of having the rail seating installed? 

12 hours ago, Red94 said:

I agree I think something should be done, if they listened to the fans a lot more the whole match day atmosphere would be so much better. For example turning the music off before kick off to let the noise grow naturally. 

I agree, switch the music off 15 minutes before kick off.  Seven Nation Army is the players choice apparently.  

• SC&T Board Members
3 hours ago, Red94 said:

Could the singing section not just be expanded as per the pictures instead of having the rail seating installed? 

All clubs are coming under increasing pressure to make areas where fans persistently stand safer, so this is initially being looked at as a move to enhance spectator safety.

In the future, when standing is officially allowed, I do personally think that rail seats help to make an area look different and thus give out the message: "This is an area where you are expected to stand and sing your hearts out for the lads". Without the area physically looking different to areas of standard seating that statement can never be made quite so clearly and emphatically.

In the future, too, rail seating may enable an increase in capacity (as it creates more space along each row).

On 22/01/2020 at 03:48, Magger1 said:

A lot of these older lads had a good pre match drink in white hart Bedminster and there was a few of em , probably about 60 in pub , i think this will catch on as a good city pub £2 a pint ish and taxi next door £5 to ground BRILLIANT 

Looks class with the new refurbishment. Best place for sport in the area imo. See you in there sometime! 

On 22/01/2020 at 21:36, The Wild Bunch said:

I agree, switch the music off 15 minutes before kick off.  Seven Nation Army is the players choice apparently.  

We seem to just be stuck with it unfortunately, as part of the modern game- especially here, but it would be a great move!

Does anyone know any clubs who have done it?

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We seem to just be stuck with it unfortunately, as part of the modern game- especially here, but it would be a great move!

Does anyone know any clubs who have done it?

We did, a few years back before a game v Burnley, in response to requests from supporters.  Switched the music off 10 minutes before KO. Nobody sang.  It was embarrassingly quiet. 

Archived