Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

stoke giiford red

New Singing Section?

Recommended Posts

They were superb, haven’t heard do be do be do for years down the gate

a question to section 82, (who I’m a big fan of btw), why sing about a left back for 10 mins during our most sustained period of pressure? Just didn’t add up

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They were great from the Dolman. 
Notable that the singing section didn’t join in and support them and just carried on singing the stupid new drones. 

Singing section have a paddy about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me wonder why people go to AG. Is it for the shite singing or the shite football ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Singing section have a paddy about it?

We have an Irish fan club ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Makes me wonder why people go to AG. Is it for the shite singing or the shite football ?

The food

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a great crack. Lovely that so many joined in. Old songs that everyone knows.  One of the best things about supporting City has always been the amount of songs we have that were original but for whatever reason that’s not been the same recently . Let’s make a concerted effort to keep it going now though. Dooo be doo be dooo!! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of those songs brought back fantastic memories, I instantly started recalling stories of games where we sang them. Made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and reminded me of some of the truly great things that I love about my club. Started joining in too!

Well played those guys, keep em coming...👍

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Hit him on the head with a baseball bat, not heard that for decades.

In fairness that is sung a lot in S82 when a player goes down.

It’s good to hear that other parts of the ground are starting songs. Don’t like the current set up though, just feels like there is a divide. Why have a singing section, a section 82 etc? 
 

I’d much rather have us all together behind the goal. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

In fairness that is sung a lot in S82 when a player goes down.

It’s good to hear that other parts of the ground are starting songs. Don’t like the current set up though, just feels like there is a divide. Why have a singing section, a section 82 etc? 
 

I’d much rather have us all together behind the goal. 

Since when have we had a designated "singing section" ?  Who really gives a crap anyway ? I sing in the Kitchen sometimes not just the crapper!

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Congratulations, one week a section other than S82 sang.. most of the time it’s a like a morgue 

Presume you’re doing your bit to get the atmosphere going? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoke giiford red said:

Was a new singing section created today  in the south stand? It was good to hear some of the old classic!

It’s great to see and hear fans standing and singing around the ground.

The club have done well to nullify the atmosphere, before the redevelopment,  when I was younger, I stood and sang in the Atyeo, B Block of the Dolmam and then  the corner of the Williams. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

In fairness that is sung a lot in S82 when a player goes down.

It’s good to hear that other parts of the ground are starting songs. Don’t like the current set up though, just feels like there is a divide. Why have a singing section, a section 82 etc? 
 

I’d much rather have us all together behind the goal. 

It’s a clever way of controlling the atmosphere throughout the ground.

  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new singing section should be very proud of themselves. Sang the old favourites, which are easier for the "silent majority" to join in with. And crucially, they joined in with the s82 singing section when their songs were worthy of joining in with. 

Personally I loved it. More please s22/21/20/wherever you are 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Presume you’re doing your bit to get the atmosphere going? 

Of course mate, I am in S26. Just frustrates me that S82 get slagged off most weeks but when one section sings they get a thread 😂

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

They were bored.

This is also a very valid point I believe, but they, like the rest of us are so desperate for this team and manager to succeed they started singing

was honestly superb, as I have said above some absolute classics blaring out 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to whoever was singing- the cheddar valley gets me going ( feed them a line) Coyr / so glad we got last gasp winner as the youngest boy was whining about how boring it was!! Johnson in tonight / Here’s hoping to better performances after the little break.I thought Jamie p was the city motm today.Hope he continues in the same vain.

To all those who are whining at the moment like myself and my youngest believe me it has been worse.I use to sit on the iron bar in the children’s enclosure from 1979-1983 . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Of course mate, I am in S26. Just frustrates me that S82 get slagged off most weeks but when one section sings they get a thread 😂

Sing every week but maybe today was a watershed.  Here’s hoping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Of course mate, I am in S26. Just frustrates me that S82 get slagged off most weeks but when one section sings they get a thread 😂

I think everybody just needs to grow up a bit.

Lots want better atmosphere but today sitting in my seat; which is between the singing section and the area singing lots today; I was impressed when both areas sang the same song with the increased noise one minute and then utterly bewildered when seeing w⚓️ signs being thrown in each others direction when one area was singing a song (which to be honest I could not make out as was not loud enough at times) and the other area were singing something different.

Just accept sometimes fans in different areas start songs and cannot hear other areas attempts - there is enough us and them already in this club.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt hear any apart from the JD song. Was in Dolman. Fair play though

Edited by Super

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Congratulations, one week a section other than S82 sang.. most of the time it’s a like a morgue 

Every home game, other areas sing. But S82 don’t seem to join in songs that they don’t start themselves.

They do great work, doing what they do, but they definitely create a divide. 
Genuine question - why didn’t they join in and spread the old classics when others started them and continue only singing the nonsense Jay Dasilva song that sounds like just using a tune for the sake of cramming someone’s name into it..? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Every home game, other areas sing. But S82 don’t seem to join in songs that they don’t start themselves.

They do great work, doing what they do, but they definitely create a divide. 
Genuine question - why didn’t they join in and spread the old classics when others started them and continue only singing the nonsense Jay Dasilva song that sounds like just using a tune for the sake of cramming someone’s name into it..? 

I’m in S25 and I didn’t hear any singing from other blocks, I’m sure if others around me did as they would have joined in aswell. Let’s not create an us v them atmosphere. 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Robson said:

I’m in S25 and I didn’t hear any singing from other blocks, I’m sure if others around me did as they would have joined in aswell. Let’s not create an us v them atmosphere. 

My point is that it’s S82 (some of) that create exactly that. 
I’m just commenting on what I saw/heard today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why create a divide, should all be singing as one . Join in with the old songs and join in with the new songs shouldn’t be a singing section or whatever should be a whole singing stand, then eventually get the whole ground going. Together as one! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in the unreserved section but think it’s great when I hear other parts of the ground singing, I’d love it if the rest of the ground out sung us every game, we’d have a awesome atmosphere then 👍🏼

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Why create a divide, should all be singing as one . Join in with the old songs and join in with the new songs shouldn’t be a singing section or whatever should be a whole singing stand, then eventually get the whole ground going. Together as one! 

I've been a critic of s82 for many years on here. I dislike the constant drum bashing, I dislike them persevering with dreary songs that dont catch on and they choose to sing and drum bash to these dreary songs at vital moments in the game rather than a traditional come on you reds etc. The dont realise that they actually stifle the atmosphere in other stands with their bullshit Forza songs.

Perfect example today, NE has two songs, we he has two I dont know, one of them, the old Magnússon song really catches on around the ground, yet when NE scored today they choose to sing the song that isnt catchy and the sing that only them know the words and the tune to. 

I enjoyed today, there was pockets of fans around the SS really giving it a go, either where I sit in s18 where it's usually dead people were giving it a go. Today was very reminiscent of being stood on the old EE with the songs choices.

  • Rovers 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I’m in the unreserved section but think it’s great when I hear other parts of the ground singing, I’d love it if the rest of the ground out sung us every game, we’d have a awesome atmosphere then 👍🏼

S82 have created that divide themselves. They only sing what THEY want to sing, despite being asked many many times to cut down on the Forza bullshit and the constant drum bashing they continue with it. They dont join in with songs that other areas have started, in fact it seems if another part of the ground has started a song, they start their own song and bash that drum even more frantically and louder to drown those areas out.

Edited by Up The City!
  • Like 6
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stoke giiford red said:

Was a new singing section created today  in the south stand? It was good to hear some of the old classic!

Yes was great to hear old songs.

Can we have my old man next time pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Yes was great to hear old songs.

Can we have my old man next time pls

That gets sung a lot in the ‘singing section’ but a lot of the younger fans don’t ever join in with it unfortunately. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

The food

The Spanish food van outside and the Mexican in the Lansdown make it worth the trip to be fair.

Had a burrito 🌯 today. Was peng.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

They were superb, haven’t heard do be do be do for years down the gate

a question to section 82, (who I’m a big fan of btw), why sing about a left back for 10 mins during our most sustained period of pressure? Just didn’t add up

You know i thought that, why on enough was that sung again and again for ages, don't like those repetitive ones that sort of carry no gusto and seem to drone on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Yes was great to hear old songs.

Can we have my old man next time pls

We started off with that today in S21...it went from there. 

My ol man said be a rovers fan, I said f....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...