IGNORED

You've got to say

southvillekiddy

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Im absolutely gutted to have a manager that has improved us season after season and has us currently level on points with 6th

Your stuck on repeat how have we improved each season when each year we bottled the play offs and this year our performances have been poor today was another example

25 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Your stuck on repeat how have we improved each season when each year we bottled the play offs and this year our performances have been poor today was another example

It’s quite simple really, we’ve finished higher and higher in the league each season. League positions that are some of the highest in our history... 

24 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay mate, genuinely sorry if my joke upset you.

Jokes are usually funny, these posts are just repetitive.

id avoid them, but the OPs keep using click bait titles because they know they wouldn’t get read otherwise.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

It’s quite simple really, we’ve finished higher and higher in the league each season. League positions that are some of the highest in our history... 

But each season we was in a postion to go up and a bad run of results ment dropping out and finishing midtable or as youbsay some of the highest our history, 12 years ago we finished in play off since then we havent finished in a position higher then 8th in championship so its not improvement year on year

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

id avoid them, but the OPs keep using click bait titles because they know they wouldn’t get read otherwise.

Okay mate. I could say a hundred times that with what Johnson has had to spend we should be in the top 3 this season in what turns out to have been a surprisingly poor quality Championship League this year by comparison to most others. I actually don't blame him too much. I blame Lansdown for yet again appointing an underwhelming manager unqualified to take us to the Premiership.

Nigel Pearson was available and interested in coming to us when Johnson was appointed. Do I need to say more?

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay mate. I could say a hundred times that with what Johnson has had to spend we should be in the top 3 this season in what turns out to have been a surprisingly poor quality Championship League this year by comparison to most others. I actually don't blame him too much. I blame Lansdown for yet again appointing an underwhelming manager unqualified to take us to the Premiership.

Nigel Pearson was available and interested in coming to us when Johnson was appointed. Do I need to say more?

You can say it as many times as you want but look at who we’ve lost and our net spend. Our spending doesn’t put us in the top 3 and it certainly doesn’t give us a god given right to be there... 

Nigel Pearson was just as divisive on here at the time and there was the cloud he left Leicester under after his sons Thailand incident and the bullying and other such claims against him.

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

You sound very entitled. Bottled the playoffs? We don’t have the god given right to just finish in the playoffs 

When did i say we have the god given right to finish in the play offs?

17/18 we was 2nd at christmas and finished where? 

18/19 we was in a good position in march and yet where did we finish

19/20 we are in a good position but have no style of play performances are awful so can only see us doing the same as last 2 years and bottling the play offs after being in good positions to finish in them 

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Johnson, the little git, is a lucky sod.

If nothing else comes of today I hope Niclas will decide to stay with us.

Hey Ho.

Strange you don’t pick on the other little chap at Ashton Gate who won us the game today - Jay Dasilva?

Its pathetic how people get annoyed that someone smaller than the average height is not deemed good enough to be a boss / manager in most businesses. I’m not into physcology but maybe someone who is could explain why that is. 

Its all about teamwork behind the team and I’m sure the average height of our backroom staff are, well, average height - just like myself. 

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Strange you don’t pick on the other little chap at Ashton Gate who won us the game today - Jay Dasilva?

Its pathetic how people get annoyed that someone smaller than the average height is not deemed good enough to be a boss / manager in most businesses. I’m not into physcology but maybe someone who is could explain why that is. 

Its all about teamwork behind the team and I’m sure the average height of our backroom staff are, well, average height - just like myself. 

Sorry mate, As I said above it was tongue-in-cheek joke rather than a piece of nastiness. 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Do people really think Eliasson is ready for the step up? 

No where near good enough yet. Still far to inconsistent

The one player I’d be keeping an eye on as a Premier League Club Andy , Bentley Possibly the other 

Has the potential to step up there IMHO

Amazingly quick feet and reasonable end product - not there yet but I can see it

Think he’d look better with better players too

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

At this rate we may get promoted in 6 years time. Happy watching 

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

You can say it as many times as you want but look at who we’ve lost and our net spend. Our spending doesn’t put us in the top 3 and it certainly doesn’t give us a god given right to be there... 

Nigel Pearson was just as divisive on here at the time and there was the cloud he left Leicester under after his sons Thailand incident and the bullying and other such claims against him.

I don't remember there being much on here at the time , much to my regret, about Pearson. He's one of the few people, who outside of their qualification of achieving promotion from the Championship, who displayed knowledge of the size of Bristol and realised the enormous potential of our football Club.

Personally I can't see us achieving promotion with the safe yes men types that Lansdown usually goes for. Steve Cotterell didn't last for this very reason despite giving us a double in league 1. 

So if you are saying that we should stay with mediocre managers who don't cause any contention then my opinion is that that is exactly what Lansdown wants. Managers that don't upset his empire. 

This might make interesting reading for you : the pros and cons of appointing someone of the stature of Marcelo Bielas. This is surely what our Club should be doing if we are serious about the premiership :

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/marcelo-bielsa-good-bad-leeds-14748371

Don't see how we can achieve the Premiership if we go for the safe, unqualified yes-man option.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, terrible times being level with the top 6 on points and having won 3 of the last 4 league games..!

I thought you began by making a comment about otib to which I responded. 

As regards the football, I think you've forgotten Shrewsbury and all that meant apart from the game itself.

Some of us aren't happy with being a decent sized Club in the only major city in england that is yet to achieve Premiership football and seem unlikely to with the present set-up. (ie manager and owner) That's been the pattern in the last few years - fading away after christmas and then selling our disenchanted best players.

According to Wiki...just checked Lee J managers record to date; played 358 games, won 137, lost 124, drawn 97; make of that what you will ? seems around average to me, up and down, not setting the world alight just sustainable?

21 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

According to Wiki...just checked Lee J managers record to date; played 358 games, won 137, lost 124, drawn 97; make of that what you will ? seems around average to me, up and down, not setting the world alight just sustainable?

Considering we’ve spent most of our existence in the third tier with the occasional unsuccessful stint at tier 2, I’m more than happy with a few years of sustainability and slow improvement. Last season was the second highest position we’ve achieved in my lifetime, I don’t know where this sudden expectation / entitlement for Premier League football has come from. There’s 23 other teams in this league trying to do the same and some much more established than us, with only 3 places to play for. I’m not saying we can’t hope and have some ambition but our expectations need to be a little more realistic.

The most expensively assembled City team of all time but no where near the best team to watch.

So many people happy paying to watch crap and accept it because you win the odd scrappy game.

The table looks more than acceptable but the stadium is half empty. The current brand of Johnson's football is boring and i think putting people off. 

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The most expensively assembled City team of all time but no where near the best team to watch.

So many people happy paying to watch crap and accept it because you win the odd scrappy game.

The table looks more than acceptable but the stadium is half empty. The current brand of Johnson's football is boring and i think putting people off. 

It's not more than half empty ffs. These are the best gates we've had in years. Partly due to the excellent facilities, I admit. But come on, you're talking like O'Driscoll is still boss at BCFC.  I'm not convinced by LJ by any stretch, but we have to keep it real.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

TBF in our most successful season this century the football wasn't exactly exciting - nail biting but not exciting. We got to the playoff final by winning lots of games by a one goal margin from what I can remember. I seem to remember spending most games willing the ref to blow his whistle as we sat deeper and deeper protecting a narrow lead.

4 hours ago, Highguy said:

When did i say we have the god given right to finish in the play offs?

17/18 we was 2nd at christmas and finished where? 

18/19 we was in a good position in march and yet where did we finish

19/20 we are in a good position but have no style of play performances are awful so can only see us doing the same as last 2 years and bottling the play offs after being in good positions to finish in them 

I think a big missed chance was 2017/18. Not saying we were top 2 material but playoffs, yeah from where we were an hour in vs Wolves...worth looking at the table on 30th December 2017 and then adding 3 points, which is where we were an hour in when we were a goal and a man up and it looked like things were rising for us, while for Wolves it looked they were about to possibly be dragged back into a scrap.

Not just with us but a decent number of the chasing pack all to play on Monday and cut the gap a bit more, which in turn pressures them for their game later in the week. 

Their celebrations at the end showed what a huge result it was for them and in the context of the promotion race. They were disappearing over the horizon.

8 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

TBF in our most successful season this century the football wasn't exactly exciting - nail biting but not exciting. We got to the playoff final by winning lots of games by a one goal margin from what I can remember. I seem to remember spending most games willing the ref to blow his whistle as we sat deeper and deeper protecting a narrow lead.

Second half of the season more so, away from home certainly but first half with Noble behind the striker, and at home I thought there was some nice football and actually some good control at times too.

19 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Different times

With Darren Byfield leading our goal hunting........

A small squad which cost little in comparison even to the relative times

GJ had us punching way above our weight with the resources he had available

Quite remarkable in many ways 

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Our "supporters" are toxic at the moment. It's horrible to read and be around. I think it's all around personal ego. Forum members have dug their hole with LJ and nobody is going to backtrack now.  It's embarrassing to watch really. 

Anyway, great win today lads. Well done Lee, joint 6th. 

I don’t think it’s toxic.  Think the forum has been generally good natured.  I think a big part of it is both sides of the camp have valid points, there is no clarity.

Archived