IGNORED

Baker

MC RISK77

Solid today in a good way.  Won most of his headers, was nice and physical against J.Brown.

Pretty sure it was his nicely paced pass to Jay that allowed him to open up bus body, commit his man and go on that lung busting run for the winner.

Re injuries, although coming off in games is frustrating, maybe he had a twinge, and did the right thing in coming off, get some treatment and be fit for today...the more important game.

Been one of our better players this season.

48 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Performance aside I'm just delighted he decided he wanted to play 90 minutes today. Shame he didnt fancy doing that on Tuesday. 

...and do some more damage, ruling him out for today?  In a perverse way I’m glad he did come off.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

...and do some more damage, ruling him out for today?  In a perverse way I’m glad he did come off.

We may disagree here but he was that injured on Tuesday that he had to be subbed in the 1st half, couldn't continue as it was that bad, despite walking off with no obvious injury.

He then plays on Saturday, 3 days later and plays a full 90 minutes. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I didnt hear anything about late fitness tests or whatever. 

The point I'm making is he clearly was not injured on Tuesday. 

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We may disagree here but he was that injured on Tuesday that he had to be subbed in the 1st half, couldn't continue as it was that bad, despite walking off with no obvious injury.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I didnt hear anything about late fitness tests or whatever. 

Even if that’s true, I highly doubt it’s Bakers decision whether he plays on or not. 

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You may we’ll be right, but he was sent for a scan on Wednesday.

I think he’s one of those players that in his head needs to feel 100%.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Or maybe he just knows his own body, and feels something in his groin that he knows if he carries on he tears or pulls it ruling himself out. So many serious injuries are caused by players attempting to continue and causing further injury, maybe Baker just knows when not to continue rather than just not fancying it? 

Archived