IGNORED

Right I’m quick enough to come on here and moan so......

BCFC1512

57 minutes ago, jonb said:

We will have to agree to disagree, because that's clearly having your cake and eating it. Putting a man on to drag his man inside, it working and then saying  'it's just a passage of play' is massively disingenuous.  In other words, it could have been Eliasson or Paterson - but it wasn't,  because that's what o' dowda was put on to do.

100%.

The players on the field got LJ out of jail today.

It was nowhere near a cohesive team performance. Yet, the determination of the squad, ground out a win. Well done to all of them.

As for the game itself, it was an open game of football. I thought for eighty minutes, Barnsley looked the better unit and with steadier finishing, could have been home and dry with three points already on the team bus.

I was amazed by Paterson's performance, his best ever in a City shirt, IMO. Baker did OK, Fammy was alright except at finishing. The rest looked out of sorts and are fortunate that the opposition suffered from bottom of the league bad luck.

Nothing changed my opinion that it's time for LJ to move on.

Thought we were somewhat fortunate to win personally but then Barnsley's performances have often belied their League position.

Was an open game but the stats while not decisive don't smack of clearly worthy winners to me. 

No easy games in this League though, look at some of the results today!! 

It's a win and hopefully as we win games, performances will improve as confidence rises and the two can feed off each other. Eliasson getting the goal is encouraging top, hopefully a sign of things to come for him- if he can in due course add say

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I’m no tactician but did everyone else think we were exposed down the middle too often?

Josh seems to struggle to affect a game at the moment - you could see Korey’s frustration at times as he wanted to move it forward.

It seems we rarely create chances except via the wings - I know he has had poor games but surely Palmer needs to be given a few games before we cast him into oblivion?

5-10 goals a season in addition to his wing play, he'll be some player!!

@Dullmoan Tone

Yes. This was evidenced in a) The possession stats and b) The number of shots we conceded.

Think despite Paterson's good return so far, him, Palmer or O'Dowda even as part of a 3 isn't going to get us that control, hence we'll risk being exposed in the middle.

@Lanterne Rouge

Why would they have? They don't play that way for a start, their performances have belied results which in turn have improved lately and our form has been patchy. 

@Judda

8 shots, 2 on target...1 goal.

That's not has conversion rate. Actually, that has been one of the better aspects about our season, a decent conversion rate! Diedhiou missed a very good chance indeed today though.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a win and hopefully as we win games, performances will improve as confidence rises and the two can feed off each other. Eliasson getting the goal is encouraging top, hopefully a sign of things to come for him- if he can in due course add say

Have to suggest to credit LJ here (That’s about four threads I’ve done this tonight and I think I must be coming down with something , maybe a fever ! ? )

Spookily , I posted during the week about LJs presentation regarding identifying and recruiting NE and his similar attributess to Anthony Knockhart 

As part of the presentation showing where Knockhart scored a lot of his goals from namely the POMOS at near and far post

I thought of this as Knockhart nipped in at the far post to score winner at Fulham last night and thought. ‘If only we could get Elliasson to do that’ by getting Elliason to get in those areas when he’s not the provider

Well today he did , the goal and his bad miss being two obvious examples

LJ states post match that they’d been working on this and I thought it showed today - if he could add a few more goals , and he has the ability to do so he will become invaluable 

Well done LJ / JMc / DH

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m gonna be really harsh here, and say he was bricking making a sub.  We never had control of the game at any point and he must’ve looked around at the subs bench (he selected) and thought if I make a sub now and we lose I’m stuffed....so he just dithered and dithered, eventually bringing on O’Dowda with 5 minutes to go when he thought it couldn’t impact one way or the other.  I know he says he always goes out to win (on BBCRB he said the same), but I think it was placebo of a sub.

Don't think I'd agree with that, whether he gets them right or wrong LJ has never been somone to shy from making a change. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to suggest to credit LJ here (That’s about four threads I’ve done this tonight and I think I must be coming down with something , maybe a fever ! ? )

Spookily , I posted during the week about LJs presentation regarding identifying and recruiting NE and his similar attributess to Anthony Knockhart 

As part of the presentation showing where Knockhart scored a lot of his goals from namely the POMOS at near and far post

I thought of this as Knockhart nipped in at the far post to score winner at Fulham last night and thought. ‘If only we could get Elliasson to do that’ by getting Elliason to get in those areas when he’s not the provider

Well today he did , the goal and his bad miss being two obvious examples

LJ states post match that they’d been working on this and I thought it showed today - if he could add a few more goals , and he has the ability to do so he will become invaluable 

Well done LJ / JMc / DH

...and Weimann dragged both CBs to the near post leaving Nic free.

87th minute and still desire to get into a goalscoring position. ??????

Archived