IGNORED

Points over performance

AshtonRobin21

Let’s take the positives from today.

- A vital 3 points which could be the turning point for us. 

- Another clean sheet. Always a bonus (I think we look better with Baker in the team)

- Just goal difference keeping us outside of the play offs.

I’ve voiced my opinion on LJ previously. However, the fact that we are showing we can ‘win ugly’ is a good trait to have.

How many times over the years have we seen a poor performance and a result to match?

If we can grind out these results then I would sacrifice a ‘performance’ if it gets us into the top 6 after 46 games have been played. 

The football on display is obviously not the most exciting to watch. Yet today and last Saturday managed to get us over the line. 

The performances may not seem great, but yet we have seen an improvement in our defensive record over the past few games.

Without a striker capable of running off the shoulder of the oppositions defence then we need to rely on taking our chances when they fall to the likes of Fam and Weimann. Now if that means we can scrape together some 1-0 wins between now and the end of the season then I am fine with that.

I’ll give credit to LJ for today. Up against a Barnsley side who have been in decent form who didn’t sit back. Often these games are more challenging at this stage of the season as they are fighting for their lives to stay up. Not the greatest game but job done in the end.

We managed to keep the clean sheet and walk away with the 3 points without really showing much quality in the attacking third. 

Steady progress today. Nothing to shout about, but keeps us firmly in the mix. And a more humble LJ in front of the media after the game. 

Let’s just hope we can add a couple of bits of extra quality between now and the end of the window and not slip into another slump for the remaining games.

3 wins in the last 4 in the league. There’s always one team who picks up form in the second half of the season, let’s hope it’s us this year.

I wouldn’t want Johnson sacked this year and hopefully we’ll kick on. 

Its the starting a season a well then sliding away that’s the issue. If it happens again next season you’d have to question the ambition of the club.

Its doesn’t help that our football has become progressive worse at home over the last 2 years.

Archived