IGNORED

Pato

Lanterne Rouge

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The much maligned Jamie Paterson really put in a shift today and was MOM for me. It was nice he got subbed late on so he could get his justly deserved standing ovation.

Keep it up lad - it`ll be like a new signing if you can do it consistently.

Consistency is key with Paterson. Totally agree he was our best player today, the one single player we had who was happy to take the ball with a Barnsley player up his arse and try and make something happen!! He looked like he was playing without any baggage and that pass to put Eliasson away was top class at any level.

Could we play Pato where Eliasson mainly played and move Eliasson right with Fam up top?

I feel Eliasson is in Dasilva's way and Pato can drift into midfield opening space for Dasilva.

Also Eliasson is far more involved when on the right.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m a big LJ sceptic but in fairness think the answer is 

‘If he performed , on a consistent basis , like he has since he came back , I don’t think he would have done’

No shit

The better answer is “KP and SS have underperformed at no 10 so Pato has been recalled”. Fair enough

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The other thing I noticed was that he was prepared to put a few tackles in too. Perhaps being loaned out was the kick up the arse he needed.

I said the same, hope it’s the case

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Other than the fact that we didn’t recall him

Whoops

‘No shit..........’

⬇️

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That’s what it said on them website

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/paterson-back-in-bs3/

Not my words

LJ said in an interview the other week, that Derby sent him back.  The plan certainly wasn’t to recall him.

50 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Best player for us today makes you wonder why super man loaned him out 

Because for at least 6 months he wasn’t performing to the best of his ability / what he showed before his illness

theres probably many valid reasons to criticise LJ, loaning Pato out isn’t one of them IMO

He was good today but, in a way, it sums up City’s problems. In the summer City signed Massengo, Nagy, and Palmer but none of them managed to get onto the pitch today . Patterson, Smith and Brownhill, who played, are all signings from previous seasons so how has the club progressed? 

1 hour ago, Robin Wood said:

Best player for us today makes you wonder why super man loaned him out 

I'd see it differently - he wasnt playing well before his loan and clearly his time away and the fact Derby stopped playing him at the end was the kick up the ass he needed to pull his socks up.  He did well today.

Good decision by LJ. 

Archived