IGNORED

Pato

Lanterne Rouge

27 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We looked much worse when he came off in the week - has really made a difference past 3 games. 

Seems odd LJ has had to loan him out really.

I found him frustrating last season - he clearly has ability but went missing in the majority of games. 

Your last sentence probably explains your second one.

46 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

He isn't good enough for us to progress to the next level.

Never been an admirer  of Pato, lightweight doesn't tackle hides at times.

Today in a line up so lacking in players with technical ability he stood out, had a great game worked his arse off and looked like apart from Elliason the only one capable of opening Barnsley up.

Smith and Brownhill solid but don't have that spark for me.  Baker had a sound game, D,silva getting up to speed  and Fammy had one of his Barn door games.

So hat's off to Pato deserves his place in the side one of only four players that I would be disappointed about if they didn't start the next game. (not that I think 7 of todays side should be left out!!)

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

He isn't good enough for us to progress to the next level.

By next level I assume you mean automatic promotion/prem, who is in your opinion? Bentley is probably the only one I can think of, which means we probably need 3/4 years to get the squad rotated again before it's ready so he is great for where we are now which is a midtable/playoffs team.

31 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

But if he has the ability then it’s up to LJ to get it out of him - it’s just as much LJs problem here I think. 

Hope he can play regularly like he has in last 3 games. 

He also has to take responsibility for his own performance and career, the same as any of us do.

12 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

It's a bit of a weird one. 

When was the last time a long serving non-youth player was loaned out then came straight back into the first team upon his return? 

Really impressed with the way he's applied himself since coming back. 

The only one i can think of and may of not came straight back in, was Johnson himself!

49 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

He also has to take responsibility for his own performance and career, the same as any of us do.

Can’t disagree with that - however from personal experience whoever manages you makes a huge difference in how you do your job and how you feel about it. 

23 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Can’t disagree with that - however from personal experience whoever manages you makes a huge difference in how you do your job and how you feel about it. 

Very true - the guy has come back flying, so one way or another management has had an impact. Either LJ, or a grass isn’t always greener perspective.

5 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Best player for us today makes you wonder why super man loaned him out 

Loaned out cause he wasn't putting a shift in, because he needed a wake up call. Quality player but was starting to coast, as he has always done at his previous clubs and why his previous managers haven't trusted him. 

Hope he keeps up his present form.

Archived