IGNORED

Lee and the team

City 62

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Superfan?

Some don't see progression and see poor football. As is there right, they voice displeasure. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Lee and the team will be long gone at some point, we, the fans will still be here. 

Spot on mate.

The fans at the games have been good to be fair. This so-called toxic atmosphere hasn't really been a problem at all.

I think even LJ himself has been pretty impressed with the support at games and has said so.

Anyway, our fans are certainly no different to any other club's fans. No better, no worse.

4 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Ok , but surely until Lee has gone we should all get right behind him 

We support the club, not Lee Johnson FC WTGR 62. Personally, I think his football is very poor this season and, given the £££ he's had to spend, his time at City should be in question. 

I've nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he's a good lad but is he lucky to still be in charge? Maybe. 

While he's Manager, I'll support him but that certainly doesn't mean he's beyond question or criticism. 

25 minutes ago, City 62 said:

If you can't be bothered to get behind Lee and the team , why do you still bother comming to the games . Just interested to find out

Most of the ones who aren’t, don’t go to the games, I’d guess. 
They are pathetic attention seekers, who’d panic anywhere more than a few steps away from the anonymity of their keyboard..! 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What do you mean by ‘getting behind him’ ?

Not questioning , or god forbid, criticising him or any aspect of his management on here ?

Is that what you mean ?

Not in the slightest. 
Reasoned & justified questioning of his decisions, win lose or draw, is perfectly reasonable. 

Just saying “out” or calling him abusive names, or stating that someone else might have us placed better than level on points with teams in the top 6 is just moronic, un-thought out, snide, vendetta fuelled drivel.  

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not in the slightest. 
Reasoned & justified questioning of his decisions, win lose or draw, is perfectly reasonable. 

Agree, (I judge him on his whole tenure) and particularly where he is in ‘the plan’

Just saying “out” or calling him abusive names,

Agree

or stating that someone else might have us placed better than level on points with teams in the top 6

Disagree

is just moronic, un-thought out, snide, vendetta fuelled drivel.  

See above

Ok , what I'm trying to say is that I remember the early Alan Dicks days,  we struggled for a few seasons but eventually he got it right and got us to the promised land. I can't Remember the fans being so devided as it is now. We are playing at the highest level since those days let's all get behind the team and Lee and hopefully we get back to those days

4 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Ok , what I'm trying to say is that I remember the early Alan Dicks days,  we struggled for a few seasons but eventually he got it right and got us to the promised land. I can't Remember the fans being so devided as it is now. We are playing at the highest level since those days let's all get behind the team and Lee and hopefully we get back to those days

I’m afraid to say I think you have to look and analyse bit deeper than that if you want to see us to get promoted 

Blindly getting behind any manager or head coach is unlikely to turn a non promotion side into one and I’d even suggest is not always beneficial long term for the Club or its supporters

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not in the slightest. 

Just saying “out” or calling him abusive names, or stating that someone else might have us placed better than level on points with teams in the top 6 is just moronic, un-thought out, snide, vendetta fuelled drivel.  

You think stating someone else might have us placed better is moronic, un-thought out, snide, vendetta fuelled drivel?

What?

That doesn't sound like a ridiculous thing to say whether you are pro or anti LJ to me. It's entirely possible another manager might have us placed better. What a bizarre comment.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You think stating someone else might have us placed better is moronic, un-thought out, snide, vendetta fuelled drivel?

What?

That doesn't sound like a ridiculous thing to say whether you are pro or anti LJ to me. It's entirely possible another manager might have us placed better. What a bizarre comment.

Or just blind / closed mindset

14 minutes ago, City 62 said:

lees record to date p 358; won 137, L124, D 97 shows we arent going no-where too quick imo

54 minutes ago, City 62 said:

If you can't be bothered to get behind Lee and the team , why do you still bother comming to the games . Just interested to find out

To directly answer your question because I support Bristol City and I want us to be the best we can be.

I haven't got around to calling for LJ yet this time, I still think he has done enough to stay for now but I can see why some would want him out - the performances have been dull and we have struggled against some of the poorest sides in the league. 

30 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Cum on City 62 was all so different back then. For  a start apart from fans around you in the ground and friends how would you know what the division was?

In the late days of Ford and early days of Dicks things were not all sweetness and light down the gate. We still moaned when we lost another Tuesday night game at home 0-1.

I think the main difference today most are to needy, they see fantastic football every week on the TV every night if you want it, then come to the Gate and watch that today and think this is shit.

Back then the only thing you compared City's performance with was against the next team we played.

Can remember in the early 70s teams such as Hull, Sheff Utd coming down and thinking wow this is how football should be played.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Sooooo many people sit there and make zero noise during the game. Maybe it’s an age thing and some people just don’t have it in them. 

I shout at the ref and the lino.  Today their guy took a long throw and it was a could throw.  I shouted at the lino to watch his feet.  Next throw, the lino did look down.  But the player obviously heard me too and took it properly.

Last week I shouted at Brownhill to get onside and he heard me and stepped back onside.

Shrewsbury I shouted at LJ.  It was deathly quiet....he ignored me ???

Just doing my bit....singing ain’t gonna help, not with my voice!!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I shout at the ref and the lino.  Today their guy took a long throw and it was a could throw.  I shouted at the lino to watch his feet.  Next throw, the lino did look down.  But the player obviously heard me too and took it properly.

Last week I shouted at Brownhill to get onside and he heard me and stepped back onside.

Shrewsbury I shouted at LJ.  It was deathly quiet....he ignored me ???

Just doing my bit....singing ain’t gonna help, not with my voice!!!

Are you on the piss, Dave ?   :laugh: Just asking

2 hours ago, City 62 said:

Because I'm a masochist, I like nothing more than seeing my team win every game, that's why I support Bristol City. 

Archived