IGNORED

Top 10 truce...?

Bar BS3

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't necessarily think we're underachieving but want to see us improve on 8th. I think that's achievable in the league - in my view, it's a weaker league if it's competitive without many standout teams. There's a whole glut of teams who could realistically reach the playoffs if they string a few wins together - even down to teams who are currently mid-table.  

Instead of spoiling for an argument all the time, what do you think is a realistic aim?

Spoiling for an argument?

I raised a point I disagreed with, explained why and provided evidence to back up my thought. When did that become "spoiling for an argument"?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Spoiling for an argument?

I raised a point I disagreed with, is that not allowed now?

No, but I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know what you're like on this forum ?

You could argue that responding to the bait about being argumentative and not answering the legitimate question to get discussion back on track is 'spoiling for an argument' though ?

What do you think is a realistic aim for us this season? 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, but I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know what you're like on this forum ?

You could argue that responding to the bait about being argumentative and not answering the legitimate question to get discussion back on track is 'spoiling for an argument' though ?

What do you think is a realistic aim for us this season? 

Oh **** off.

I tried to debate and raised my point respectfully. 

You have responded with jibes at me twice.

Absolutely no need for that

32 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Championship is stronger every single year.

The fact no team has ran away in the league is evidence for it. 

If 2 teams run away from everyone else then those 2 sides are clearly much stronger than the rest. But Leeds and WBA are easily watchable for Fulham, who must have one of the strongest Championship squads ever, Brentford and Forest, the latter being a side that copied the Wolves-Mendes route of doing things, and look at how that worked for Wolves.

People saying the Championship is weak is a lazy glance at it, usually just looking at the names of the teams and basing their opinion on that.

It is a very strong league this year, one in which the relegated Premier League sides have struggled to get near the top of, and same for the Playoff finalists of last season.

In a weak division the top team would piss all over everyone. That quite clearly hasn't happened.

Disagree, the top teams have moved closer to the bottom teams, not the other way around. Wolves from 2 years ago piss this league, Sheffield United and Norwich from last season piss this league. The league is a lot closer this year but that is not because it is stronger, the 3 teams that go up this year I think without major investment come straight back down comfortably, while in previous years the teams promoted have been able to mix it with the PL teams, none of the team in this league are even close to the PL in standard. 

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Disagree, the top teams have moved closer to the bottom teams, not the other way around. Wolves from 2 years ago piss this league, Sheffield United and Norwich from last season piss this league. The league is a lot closer this year but that is not because it is stronger, the 3 teams that go up this year I think without major investment come straight back down comfortably, while in previous years the teams promoted have been able to mix it with the PL teams, none of the team in this league are even close to the PL in standard. 

My argument is that the top teams are unable to run away because the rest of the league is stronger.

Even if the bottom few are weaker it is the bulk of the division that makes the difference. 

As for the teams that go up. This season alone should show that how they perform is near impossible to predict,  Villa spent £100m and are fighting relegation,  Norwich pissed the league and spent a bit and are struggling.

Sheffield United were Norwich's only real competition and are fighting for Europe without spending a tonne.

Out of the 3 teams who just left the Premier League, only 1 of them is in any position to fight for a return without the lottery of the playoffs, because the bulk of the Championship has got stronger. 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

My argument is that the top teams are unable to run away because the rest of the league is stronger.

Even if the bottom few are weaker it is the bulk of the division that makes the difference. 

As for the teams that go up. This season alone should show that how they perform is near impossible to predict,  Villa spent £100m and are fighting relegation,  Norwich pissed the league and spent a bit and are struggling.

Sheffield United were Norwich's only real competition and are fighting for Europe without spending a tonne.

Out of the 3 teams who just left the Premier League, only 1 of them is in any position to fight for a return without the lottery of the playoffs, because the bulk of the Championship has got stronger. 

Still disagree, Norwich have spent no money at all and refuse to compromise their style, they will be relegated, but they have planned for that, they will get promoted again, then they ah e more money to spend and can bring in a few more players and look to improve in the premiership. Sheff I were the best team in this division last year, and that is showing with their performance in the Premier league, Villa much to my annoyance will be safe in the end I think as they have quality. 

The three teams that came done bar Fulham were basket cases, Huddersfield were a total mess and will do well to not get relegated again, Cardiff were not in a much better state. The only team that can compete are Fulham and they have no defenders, they would not be third in many previous seasons considering they can't defend at all, none of this is anything to do with the strength of this league it's to do with their weakness. 

Archived