IGNORED

yesterday

Rocking Red Cyril

ok I happy with the three points

but why oh why did we take off Paterson for o'dowda, Paterson was the best player on the pitch by a mile. and why did semenyo not come on for hunt to add attacking option and why was elliassion started so central and why was the substitution so late in the game .

just few thoughts from yesterday

COYR

Paterson had a good game but actually this sub won us the game so think your post should be the opposite - praising LJ. O'dowda can adequately cover left back whereas as Pato can't. This gave Dasilva licence to go forward and put in a great cross for the goal.

Why would you bring on Semenyo when he has offered nothing all season? He needs a loan out in league one asap.

28 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Paterson had a good game but actually this sub won us the game

In as much as CoD's movement created space for DaSilva to exploit, that is true. Patterson was better than usual but make no mistake our midfield yesterday, much like the rest of the team, were somewhere south of useless.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Paterson had a good game but actually this sub won us the game so think your post should be the opposite - praising LJ. O'dowda can adequately cover left back whereas as Pato can't. This gave Dasilva licence to go forward and put in a great cross for the goal.

Why would you bring on Semenyo when he has offered nothing all season? He needs a loan out in league one asap.

But O'dowda didn't do that for the goal. In fact he was in the centre of the pitch running parallel with Dasilva, even calling for the ball when he reached the box. 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

But O'dowda didn't do that for the goal. In fact he was in the centre of the pitch running parallel with Dasilva, even calling for the ball when he reached the box. 

But the point being that Pato can’t cover but odowda can so it did free him up to get down the wing. 

Paterson was moved to the left wing, where he's less effective, Elliason went to the right wing and Weimann went to the centre. A little later, Paterson was subbed for O'Dowda, as he was becoming less effective. That allowed JD to stretch his legs for the first time all game, because Elliason was on the left wing up to that point and they just don't seem to link up that well.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Paterson was moved to the left wing, where he's less effective, Elliason went to the right wing and Weimann went to the centre. A little later, Paterson was subbed for O'Dowda, as he was becoming less effective. That allowed JD to stretch his legs for the first time all game, because Elliason was on the left wing up to that point and they just don't seem to link up that well.

Rich.  I can’t remember the exact timeline, so you saying we switched to 442 before the sub? Thanks, if so.  I couldn’t recall whether we did it at the sub or not.

Pato was knackered.

O’Dowda at least came on with some intent, but it did crack me up when he drove inside, and laid it back to Williams (I thought it was Baker at the time), to be boo’d by several fans (what do they know).  10 seconds later, ball in the net, and fair play to Callum, he was busting a gut to get into the box.

But nobody will convince me this specific sub won the game.

Archived