IGNORED

Liverpool v Man Utd

Robbored

5 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

VAR's the only thing keeping Man U in this game. Not even close to a foul on DdG, and with the pre-VAR back foot rule Mane was on by a yard.

No horse in the race, but it’s the type of foul you get given now 99% of the time on the goalie. Both have challenged for the ball, but the Liverpool player only made contact with the goalie.  Was pretty sure the ref was going to blow for it, but as the ball then went to a Utd player with no one within five yards of him decided to play on. The fact that he has then made a pigs ear of it seems an odd use of VAR.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool are some team! All over Man Utd and should be 2-0 up but for VaR.........

Such a huge disappointment that City couldn’t get past the Shrews............:dunno:

What a joy it would have been to see the mighty Reds at AG........

Why the sudden interest in Liverpool?

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool are some team! All over Man Utd and should be 2-0 up but for VaR.........

Such a huge disappointment that City couldn’t get past the Shrews............:dunno:

See the mighty reds every home game at Ashton Gate 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Currently in 5th place of the football pyramid. They have fallen by some margin but premier league football teams aren’t terrible 

Have to disagree BB . That’s the worse Man United side I’ve watched. And for a club of Man Uniteds stature. They have a terrible side 

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Are they as pleasing on the eye as Arsenal (in their pomp) or Man City at their ethereal best ?

IMHO I think not .

Liverpool are quite direct as it goes, not in an Old School Wimbledon way, but they hit plenty of long balls/passes call it what you like and they are very good at it.....

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Are they as pleasing on the eye as Arsenal (in their pomp) or Man City at their ethereal best ?

IMHO I think not .

The Arsenal invincibles under Wenger with the likes of Vieira, Parlour, Adams, Dixon, Henry were the best PL footballing side of them all.

Liverpool aren’t quite as impressive but currently a very close second.

20 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

VAR's the only thing keeping Man U in this game. Not even close to a foul on DdG, and with the pre-VAR back foot rule Mane was on by a yard.

Proof positive that they want to take physical contact out of the game. 

DdG got his positioning wrong and VvD got to the drop of the ball quicker and better. 

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure why you would of wanted to watch such rubbish when you could of watched Dundee Utd v Hibs on BBC Scotland

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Liverpool are quite direct as it goes, not in an Old School Wimbledon way, but they hit plenty of long balls/passes call it what you like and they are very good at it.....

Ive mentioned this before on here, but I remember Alan Hansen I think it was, talking about when he joined Liverpool back in the day.

A day or so after joining. he was watching a practice match standing along side Bob Paisley and from watching the game, commented to Paisley that he hadn't realised that Liverpool were a long ball. team.

Paisley replied " we don't play long ball, we play the right ball"

This Liverpool team is very adept at stretching opposition defences and with their front 3 on the end of them,  the right ball opens defences up .

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Arsenal invincibles under Wenger with the likes of Vieira, Parlour, Adams, Dixon, Henry were the best PL footballing side of them all.

Results wise I’d agree

Footballing style wise they’re a bit like chelsea under mourinho, excellent at getting results and they play seriously apeffective football. But they aren’t as brilliant and free flowing as Man City are

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was under the impression that you had no interest in ‘other’ teams, I’m sure it was on the OS.

36 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Why the sudden interest in Liverpool?

He’s one of those half n half scarf Bristolians 

Sorry ...... it’s actually more complicated than that 

........he’s had to have a custom one, a thirds scarf

Liverpool / Rovers / City 

?

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Man united are utterly shite . Terrible side 

Absolutely brilliant 

after growing up in Bridgwater seeing so many Plastic pricks walking around with there shirts on

saying WE,VE won the cup, league etc and never stepping foot in Old Trafford really used to **** me off

long may it continue fxxking wxxxxxs

Archived