IGNORED

Liverpool v Man Utd

Robbored

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Arsenal would get run of their feet.

Liverpool's players are outliers in physical performance. Players now do 2km a game more. Liverpool do more again.

The noticeable thing yesterday was the phenomenal pace of the game. Liverpool looked comfortable with it and Man Utd just could not cope. Man Utd only got the odd spell on top in the game when they were able to slow things down.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Arsenal would get run off their feet.

Liverpool's players are outliers in physical performance. Players now do 2km a game more. Liverpool do more again.

Whilst I don't disagree with that, I do think that the Cole - Pires - Henry attack down Liverpool's right hand side would cause TAA and gomez / matip / lovren a hell of a lot of bother. Teams knew they'd attack that flank and yet arsenal still managed to go a whole season undefeated. Pires offered nothing in defence but had the protection of Gilberto Silva ( incredibly underrated Makelele esque midfielder) and Vieira who was the best all round midfielder the prem has seen*. Those 2 can protect the already great defensive back 4 and allow the attacking players to get on with it.

Lehmann 

Lauren Campbell toure cole

Mane Firminho Salah

Ljungberg Vieira Gilberto pires

Wijnaldum Henderson Milner

Bergkamp Henry 

Robertson VVD  Gomez TAA

Alisson

that arsenal side has power, pace, strength and skill. Similar to Liverpool. As you say, Liverpool have high energy, so does that arsenal side (bar Pires, lazy sod) ??

* I know that's up for debate but in my opinion I'd say that was right. 

Archived