Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Robbored

Liverpool v Man Utd

Liverpool are some team! All over Man Utd and should be 2-0 up but for VaR.........

Such a huge disappointment that City couldn’t get past the Shrews............:dunno:

What a joy it would have been to see the mighty Reds at AG........

• Like 1
  • Rovers 3

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What a joy it would have been to see the mighty Reds at AG

You mean their U23's add a few senior squad players

• Like 1

VAR's the only thing keeping Man U in this game. Not even close to a foul on DdG, and with the pre-VAR back foot rule Mane was on by a yard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

VAR's the only thing keeping Man U in this game. Not even close to a foul on DdG, and with the pre-VAR back foot rule Mane was on by a yard.

No horse in the race, but it’s the type of foul you get given now 99% of the time on the goalie. Both have challenged for the ball, but the Liverpool player only made contact with the goalie.  Was pretty sure the ref was going to blow for it, but as the ball then went to a Utd player with no one within five yards of him decided to play on. The fact that he has then made a pigs ear of it seems an odd use of VAR.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool are some team! All over Man Utd and should be 2-0 up but for VaR.........

Such a huge disappointment that City couldn’t get past the Shrews............:dunno:

Why the sudden interest in Liverpool?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Man united are utterly shite . Terrible side 

Currently in 5th place of the football pyramid. They have fallen by some margin but premier league football teams aren’t terrible 

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

See the mighty reds every home game at Ashton Gate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Currently in 5th place of the football pyramid. They have fallen by some margin but premier league football teams aren’t terrible 

Have to disagree BB . That’s the worse Man United side I’ve watched. And for a club of Man Uniteds stature. They have a terrible side 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I’ve always liked Liverpool going back to the days of Ray Kennedy..........probably before your time.

18 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

If that’s a foul on the keeper by VVD then the game is dead. Ref 100% correct, VAR wrong yet again.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Are they as pleasing on the eye as Arsenal (in their pomp) or Man City at their ethereal best ?

IMHO I think not .

Liverpool are quite direct as it goes, not in an Old School Wimbledon way, but they hit plenty of long balls/passes call it what you like and they are very good at it.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Are they as pleasing on the eye as Arsenal (in their pomp) or Man City at their ethereal best ?

IMHO I think not .

The Arsenal invincibles under Wenger with the likes of Vieira, Parlour, Adams, Dixon, Henry were the best PL footballing side of them all.

Liverpool aren’t quite as impressive but currently a very close second.

• Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 1

20 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Proof positive that they want to take physical contact out of the game. 

DdG got his positioning wrong and VvD got to the drop of the ball quicker and better. 

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure why you would of wanted to watch such rubbish when you could of watched Dundee Utd v Hibs on BBC Scotland

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Liverpool are quite direct as it goes, not in an Old School Wimbledon way, but they hit plenty of long balls/passes call it what you like and they are very good at it.....

Ive mentioned this before on here, but I remember Alan Hansen I think it was, talking about when he joined Liverpool back in the day.

A day or so after joining. he was watching a practice match standing along side Bob Paisley and from watching the game, commented to Paisley that he hadn't realised that Liverpool were a long ball. team.

Paisley replied " we don't play long ball, we play the right ball"

This Liverpool team is very adept at stretching opposition defences and with their front 3 on the end of them,  the right ball opens defences up .

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Arsenal invincibles under Wenger with the likes of Vieira, Parlour, Adams, Dixon, Henry were the best PL footballing side of them all.

Results wise I’d agree

Footballing style wise they’re a bit like chelsea under mourinho, excellent at getting results and they play seriously apeffective football. But they aren’t as brilliant and free flowing as Man City are

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was under the impression that you had no interest in ‘other’ teams, I’m sure it was on the OS.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

He’s one of those half n half scarf Bristolians 

Sorry ...... it’s actually more complicated than that 

........he’s had to have a custom one, a thirds scarf

Liverpool / Rovers / City 

😙

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Doesnt like to talk about ex players but seems to start a thread about Liverpool every other week........

Which Liverpool player is ex City?        :dunno:

• Aubergine 1

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Which Liverpool player is ex City?        :dunno:

Milner is

(thought you meant MCFC)

Edited by FrozenRobin
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 0.      Yeah!

Surely that’s the PL sown up.

The gap between those two is nearly as big as the one between us and the gas

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Man united are utterly shite . Terrible side 

Absolutely brilliant 

after growing up in Bridgwater seeing so many Plastic pricks walking around with there shirts on

saying WE,VE won the cup, league etc and never stepping foot in Old Trafford really used to **** me off

long may it continue fxxking wxxxxxs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

Liverpool were wasteful today which was lucky for United. Was like a PL team against a L2 team in the cup.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Whatever.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Haha 3
  • Rovers 1

16 minutes ago, TomF said:

Salah needs to work on that six pack tho, pathetic 🤣

(sing to Salah)  You're no Eliasson, you're no Eliasson  

51 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s one of those half n half scarf Bristolians 

Sorry ...... it’s actually more complicated than that 

........he’s had to have a custom one, a thirds scarf

Liverpool / Rovers / City 

😙

Just as well we didn’t get to play them then.....he would have been cheering inside every time Liverpool scored.

I used to like Carragher but lately hes really pissing me off. Not good enough to win a league title himself but recently he has been very smug and condescending. He said after the game today "that was the best result United could have hoped for today" Man City need to get their act together again next season to shut people like him up. 

• Confused 1

Even if Man City win every game for the rest of the season Liverpool don't even need 2 points per game anymore

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I used to like Carragher but lately hes really pissing me off. Not good enough to win a league title himself but recently he has been very smug and condescending. He said after the game today "that was the best result United could have hoped for today" Man City need to get their act together again next season to shut people like him up. 

Did anyone actually think United would get a result?

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Think, expect, no. But was it possible? Of course it was, especially in a derbyish type game. They had previously got a result against them so it wasnt out of the question and I just found Carraghers comments that the best United could have hoped for was a 2nil defeat a bit out of order. He needs to remember when United were winning everything, he was in many Liverpool sides that were much much poorer than this current United side.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Super said:

With just a one goal lead any team is vulnerable. An error or poor refereeing decision can led to conceding a goal and that could have happened at Anfield. Fortunately Salah’s late strike sealed the win.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Even if Man City win every game for the rest of the season Liverpool don't even need 2 points per game anymore

So even if the points difference remains the same, Liverpool will win the title with 5 games to spare. Is that right?

Edited by RedLionLad

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With just a one goal lead any team is vulnerable. An error or poor refereeing decision can led to conceding a goal and that could have happened at Anfield. Fortunately Salah’s late strike sealed the win.

You amaze me at times...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So even if the points difference remains the same, Liverpool will will the title with 5 games to spare. Is that right?

Yeah, Liverpool won't let up though the earlier they win the title the more changes they can make at the back end of the season if they're still in the champions league

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah, Liverpool won't let up though the earlier they win the title the more changes they can make at the back end of the season if they're still in the champions league

I suppose they’ll be in a position to field a ‘weaker’ team against a team in say 5th or 6th that may still be in with a shout of claiming 4th place ahead of teams like Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc.

If they wanted to of course.

I suppose they’ll be in a position to field a ‘weaker’ team against a team in say 5th or 6th that may still be in with a shout of claiming 4th place ahead of teams like Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc.

Very insightful RLL.............or should I say very insightful Captain Obvious?

• Rovers 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

This is a lot of bollocks, I Couldn’t give a flying fck about Liverpool unlike some on here but they are way above that Arsenal team.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

The Liverpool love in by some on here is cringe.

Grates a bit. how about having a second team that are below City?

Mine this week will be Plymouth Parkway.