Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Robbored

Liverpool v Man Utd

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

This is a lot of bollocks, I Couldn’t give a flying fck about Liverpool unlike some on here but they are way above that Arsenal team.

BCFC-Tom are you even old enough to have watched and appreciated that Arsenal team?  Your choice of name suggests maybe not. Apologies if you are old enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah, Liverpool won't let up though the earlier they win the title the more changes they can make at the back end of the season if they're still in the champions league

The only way they lose the title is if VVD and one or two others get injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

BCFC-Tom are you even old enough to have watched and appreciated that Arsenal team?  Your choice of name suggests maybe not. Apologies if you are old enough.

That Arsenal team of invincibles were amazing playing innovative football every game. No other team until Liverpool this season have come close. The Gunners went  49 games unbeaten.

Im guessing Tom is under 15 and not around that season of 2003/2004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

BCFC-Tom are you even old enough to have watched and appreciated that Arsenal team?  Your choice of name suggests maybe not. Apologies if you are old enough.

Of course, born 1991, and it’s my name, suppose you’re right to be fair I enjoyed watching Arsenal back then, guess I exaggerated a little 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The only way they lose the title is if VVD and one or two others get injured. 

Think it takes even more then that, 1.5 points per game average takes Liverpool to 88 points and means City would need 41 from 45 left to beat it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Robbored said:

That Arsenal team of invincibles were amazing playing innovative football every game. No other team until Liverpool this season have come close. The Gunners went  49 games unbeaten.

Im guessing Tom is under 15 and not around that season of 2003/2004.

At present, I'd go along with that. When wenger arrived. He brought with him the sport science ideals that hadn't been seen before in the prem back in the mid 90s and that invincible side were great to watch but also grounded out results where needed. Sol Campbell was a colossus that season and often gets over looked because of Vieira's midfield dominance and Henry up front. 

Put this Liverpool team against that invincibles team. Arsenal win. But if Liverpool keep going and get even win back to back champions leagues, I'd have to change my mind. That is something arsenal never did. They should have done that unbeaten year but Chelsea knocked them out and all the other "big guns" went out early too. That was the year that Porto under mourinho won and the semi finalists that year were them, Chelsea, Monaco and deportivo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

The Liverpool love in by some on here is cringe.

I don't remember it being classed as "cringe" when we had a "love in" by many more on here for Pep's tippy tappy team over recent seasons. Perhaps one or two go a bit far in their love in, but for many I'm sure they just admire and appreciate a fantastic team - which is what Liverpool is right now.

Was talking to a friend of mine, who is a lifelong Liverpool fan, and he thinks this is the best Liverpool team he's seen. Bearing in mind that includes the teams from the 70s and 80s that's praise indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

BCFC-Tom are you even old enough to have watched and appreciated that Arsenal team?  Your choice of name suggests maybe not. Apologies if you are old enough.

How does his name suggest anything about his age!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I don't remember it being classed as "cringe" when we had a "love in" by many more on here for Pep's tippy tappy team over recent seasons. Perhaps one or two go a bit far in their love in, but for many I'm sure they just admire and appreciate a fantastic team - which is what Liverpool is right now.

Was talking to a friend of mine, who is a lifelong Liverpool fan, and he thinks this is the best Liverpool team he's seen. Bearing in mind that includes the teams from the 70s and 80s that's praise indeed. 

Reference the last paragraph. Choosing and comparisons between teams from different eras is very difficult.

I would say that the Liverpool's of the 70's & 80's were based on a solid defence with hard working midfield's and a top notch goalscorer.

This side is, IMO, not defensively as secure. They continually offer more decent chances to almost all opponents than the sides did when Hansen et all were playing. Yet amazingly, they do not concede many to any other team.

Where they appear to me as better than previous is the clinical attack of three aided superbly by both full backs and midfield.

I support Bristol City but throughout my life I have admired any football club that plays the game in the way this Liverpool side is doing now.

Wolves and Man U in the 1950's.

Spurs, Real and Benfica in the 60's.

Liverpool and Forest 70/80's

Arsenal and Man U 90's.

I'll leave the last twenty years to the youngsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Batman said:

At present, I'd go along with that. When wenger arrived. He brought with him the sport science ideals that hadn't been seen before in the prem back in the mid 90s and that invincible side were great to watch but also grounded out results where needed. Sol Campbell was a colossus that season and often gets over looked because of Vieira's midfield dominance and Henry up front. 

Put this Liverpool team against that invincibles team. Arsenal win. But if Liverpool keep going and get even win back to back champions leagues, I'd have to change my mind. That is something arsenal never did. They should have done that unbeaten year but Chelsea knocked them out and all the other "big guns" went out early too. That was the year that Porto under mourinho won and the semi finalists that year were them, Chelsea, Monaco and deportivo. 

Arsenal would get run off their feet.

Liverpool's players are outliers in physical performance. Players now do 2km a game more. Liverpool do more again.

Edited by Cowshed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Arsenal would get run of their feet.

Liverpool's players are outliers in physical performance. Players now do 2km a game more. Liverpool do more again.

The noticeable thing yesterday was the phenomenal pace of the game. Liverpool looked comfortable with it and Man Utd just could not cope. Man Utd only got the odd spell on top in the game when they were able to slow things down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Arsenal would get run off their feet.

Liverpool's players are outliers in physical performance. Players now do 2km a game more. Liverpool do more again.

Whilst I don't disagree with that, I do think that the Cole - Pires - Henry attack down Liverpool's right hand side would cause TAA and gomez / matip / lovren a hell of a lot of bother. Teams knew they'd attack that flank and yet arsenal still managed to go a whole season undefeated. Pires offered nothing in defence but had the protection of Gilberto Silva ( incredibly underrated Makelele esque midfielder) and Vieira who was the best all round midfielder the prem has seen*. Those 2 can protect the already great defensive back 4 and allow the attacking players to get on with it.

Lehmann 

Lauren Campbell toure cole

Mane Firminho Salah

Ljungberg Vieira Gilberto pires

Wijnaldum Henderson Milner

Bergkamp Henry 

Robertson VVD  Gomez TAA

Alisson

that arsenal side has power, pace, strength and skill. Similar to Liverpool. As you say, Liverpool have high energy, so does that arsenal side (bar Pires, lazy sod) 😂😂

* I know that's up for debate but in my opinion I'd say that was right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...