IGNORED

Faith

PeterStyvarsRightFoot

No.. not the song title by George Michael and his beloved wham group 

but something that’s been missing at this club for quite a period of time 

I don’t post much anymore as I like to be quite reserved on my sayings throughout the season, 

however one thing we’ve lacked under our entire Tenure with LJ is FAITH

We have been lucky to witness fantastic moments and unfortunate enough to suffer horrendous ones too, 

however . I’m not hear to slate anyone on this as I am also guilty of it myself. BUT

in a league, that is so open and one with so many average teams. We do have a chance this year, there is never a time to be ‘ready’ to go up the same way there is never a time to be ready for children, so for 6 months . Wether you are a Johnson IN or a Johnson OUT, let’s back the one thing we love more than anything else . As the players have never ever given up on us, or given up on Lee, the results are still coming even though the performances aren’t quite up to scratch at this point in time but if we all push in the same direction. We might, just might . Do something ! 

ps I understand, football doesn’t work like this but it’s just a thought on a Sunday afternoon from a man who’s quite bored and want to see if anybody shares similar thoughts

1 hour ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

I don’t post much anymore as I like to be quite reserved on my sayings throughout the season, 

We have been lucky to witness fantastic moments and unfortunate enough to suffer horrendous ones too, 

however . I’m not hear to slate anyone on this as I am also guilty of it myself. BUT

in a league, that is so open and one with so many average teams. We do have a chance this year, there is never a time to be ‘ready’ to go up the same way there is never a time to be ready for children, so for 6 months . Wether you are a Johnson IN or a Johnson OUT, let’s back the one thing we love more than anything else . As the players have never ever given up on us, or given up on Lee, the results are still coming even though the performances aren’t quite up to scratch at this point in time but if we all push in the same direction. We might, just might . Do something ! 

ps I understand, football doesn’t work like this but it’s just a thought on a Sunday afternoon from a man who’s quite bored and want to see if anybody shares similar thoughts

The problem isn’t ‘ Faith ‘ but ‘ hope ‘ .

Many of us , who have supported the club for decades , are so used to being disappointed that it has become a sort of barrier against the pain, gallows humour , if you like but a way of protecting ourselves from the hurt of years of failure.

It is difficult to believe that we will get to the Prem .

It is made worse by the marketing of the club , by the club, o as a Prem club in waiting.

We hear the words but don’t see the actions necessary to fulfill these statements causing bitterness and frustration as we appear to be taken for mugs once again.

If the club came out and said we foresee a season of consolidation before an attack on the Prem then we could perhaps accept a mid table finish however many feel duped as the actions don’t completely stack up with the intention.

23 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Faith was a solo song . Just saying .

My first record I bought was Adam Faith.

But what you say about the club coming out with a ' we'll get there but it will take time ' would be far better than all of us constantly expecting a top 2 finish year on year. I enjoy Championship football as most of my life I have watched City in  Div 2 and 3 and for many years it was the aspiration to get out of the old Div 3. I certainly want Prem football but not at the cost of the last time we were in the top flight and 1982 !

On 19/01/2020 at 17:21, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Where was your faith Saturday ?????

Archived