IGNORED

Negging

Shtanley

Is a topic that arises in this week's episode of One Stream in Bristol, does Lee Johnson do it to young players?

Me, Pete and Oscar all discuss the two games this week as well as some other interesting topics like;

How upset are we with Rodri going?

Do we need a Director of Football?  

Is Mark's Bread any good?

As always we're keen to hear people's thoughts on the topics discussed! Always good to see comments on these threads.

Follow us on Social media (@osibpodcast) and if you haven't already please leave us a review on iTunes!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON iTUNES

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON LIBSYN

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Is a topic that arises in this week's episode of One Stream in Bristol, does Lee Johnson do it to young players?

Me, Pete and Oscar all discuss the two games this week as well as some other interesting topics like;

How upset are we with Rodri going?

Do we need a Director of Football?  

Is Mark's Bread any good?

As always we're keen to hear people's thoughts on the topics discussed! Always good to see comments on these threads.

Follow us on Social media (@osibpodcast) and if you haven't already please leave us a review on iTunes!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON iTUNES

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON LIBSYN

I admire your efforts but I doubt that the average City fan would know what ‘negging’ means? I do, but only because of my extensive online work projects over the years, but I think if you used ‘normal English’ you’d reach a wider audience ... 

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I admire your efforts but I doubt that the average City fan would know what ‘negging’ means? I do, but only because of my extensive online work projects over the years, but I think if you used ‘normal English’ you’d reach a wider audience ... 

You're right. What is it?

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have you listened to this podcast? Or previous ones? It’s not like they speak jive. 

It’s just part of the title guys. It’s less than 10 seconds of the show. For clarity:

Negging is an act of emotional manipulation whereby a person makes a deliberate backhanded compliment or otherwise flirtatious remark to another person to undermine their confidence and increase their need of the manipulator's approval. 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s just part of the title guys. It’s less than 10 seconds of the show. For clarity:

Negging is an act of emotional manipulation whereby a person makes a deliberate backhanded compliment or otherwise flirtatious remark to another person to undermine their confidence and increase their need of the manipulator's approval. 

Thanks Dave. That’s a really good explanation, for you. 

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There’s an entire book on it that was the origin, basically the science behind it and how effective it is to use for single people..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game:_Penetrating_the_Secret_Society_of_Pickup_Artists

Morning Pete... am I right in thinking you’re on OSIB this week? I’m hoping you’re going to be bringing some LJ out undertones to the show as I feel we’re under represented. 

Cheers Stan. 

A definitive shift this week to a disquiet with the way the club is being run. By which I mean player/transfer policy. 

Goes hand in hand with not knowing our identity. If we don't have a way of playing, how can we ever expect to recruit to match? 

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Morning Pete... am I right in thinking you’re on OSIB this week? I’m hoping you’re going to be bringing some LJ out undertones to the show as I feel we’re under represented. 

Haha, we were are still at the very neutral phase at the mo. Lots of fair questions & points raised for both ends of the fence. Listen and all will be revealed ;) 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stan. Agree re subs. He left it so late as to ensure he couldn’t be + or - .  You could tell he was bricking getting it wrong. Was discussing it with Macca for 20 minutes!

Semenyo and COD spent 15 minutes staring at him and each other waiting for a decision. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Semenyo and COD spent 15 minutes staring at him and each other waiting for a decision. 

I noticed them warming up closer and closer to the benches, seemingly in the hope that they'd be noticed if they stood nearer.

11 minutes ago, Roe said:

I noticed them warming up closer and closer to the benches, seemingly in the hope that they'd be noticed if they stood nearer.

They did indeed. At one point Callum was in the groin stretch position looking at LJ he ended up doing the splits!!

Archived