IGNORED

Negging

Shtanley

9 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Shameless self-promotion here but we clipped out the moment "Negging" was mentioned and posted it to twitter. So here it is for context.

Love the pod, think this is absolute tosh though. 

A bit like the criticism of Johnson for his different approach to Kalas and Moore. 

Individuals respond to different types of feedback. I coach a kids team, 15 year olds. I've got a whole host of different personalities. Some, like my Polish winger who's not really had any discipline in his life, needs a robust bollocking to get the best out of him as he craves that father figure showing an interest. It motivates him to prove me wrong. Others, like my quiet but talented centre mid need a cuddle and some praise before every match to boost his confidence. If I switched approaches between those two individuals the results would be horrific. 

There's definitely not a one size fits all approach to man management. I'd argue that Diedhiou has done well for us so you can't really argue with Johnson's management of him, likewise Moore is getting better and better which is down to coaching as much as anyone else.

2 hours ago, J-mat said:

A bit like the criticism of Johnson for his different approach to Kalas and Moore. 

Individuals respond to different types of feedback. I coach a kids team, 15 year olds. I've got a whole host of different personalities. Some, like my Polish winger who's not really had any discipline in his life, needs a robust bollocking to get the best out of him as he craves that father figure showing an interest. It motivates him to prove me wrong. Others, like my quiet but talented centre mid need a cuddle and some praise before every match to boost his confidence. If I switched approaches between those two individuals the results would be horrific. 

There's definitely not a one size fits all approach to man management. I'd argue that Diedhiou has done well for us so you can't really argue with Johnson's management of him, likewise Moore is getting better and better which is down to coaching as much as anyone else.

Totally opposing views & opinions is the beauty of OSIB :)

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Totally opposing views & opinions is the beauty of OSIB :)

Couldn't agree more, I do absolutelty love the pod. It's overtaken football Ramble for me as my top football podcast. 

Stan and Oscar have created something very special and we are lucky as fans to have something this good associated with the club. 

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Couldn't agree more, I do absolutelty love the pod. It's overtaken football Ramble for me as my top football podcast. 

Stan and Oscar have created something very special and we are lucky as fans to have something this good associated with the club. 

Is this you negging me? if so, it's working! ??

6 hours ago, J-mat said:

You should address them all as 'vermin', or 'sub-human scum', and if they get upset call them snowflakes and encourage the other kids to point and laugh. It's character building...

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

You should address them all as 'vermin', or 'sub-human scum', and if they get upset call them snowflakes and encourage the other kids to point and laugh. It's character building...

Couple of them are bigger than me now so got to pick my battles ?

My first listen - thank you for doing this. 

Firstly Re Negging- I worked for someone after an M&A and corporate restructure  for whom this was a predominant management style. I knew it was weirdly dysfunctional and couldn’t understand it. Thanks for the clear definition on that. 

Re the podcast- great stuff. Good production quality . Great voices and knowledge and a pleasure to listen to.

I really think if you had the discipline to keep it to an hour, maximum, it would be punchier. The hardest thing in journalism / media is taking the time to make something shorter. From 35 minutes on though I loved the discussion. 

Thank you

Archived