IGNORED

How fast can footballers run?

Never to the dark side

8 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Was on Saint & Greavsie wasn’t it? Saturday lunchtime I think. Junior Bent was City’s entrant. COYR 

Junior Bent - he couldn’t cross a ball to save his life, but by Christ he was quick...... Remember him playing on the wing with Jacki. Junior made acres of space for Jacki to weave his magic. Great days.

13 hours ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Didn't Daley Thompson play a bit of pro football? I believe he was pretty quick?.

He was a rubbish distance runner.  I remember him jogging the 1500 metres way down the field.  Luckily by then he was almost always so far ahead on points in the decathlon that it didn’t matter.

15 hours ago, RedSA said:

I tend to sit higher up in the stands as I like the see the overview of the game, but when I sit closer to the pitch it really hits home how fast, athletic and strong the players are even at championship level. 

I’m sure many of us think, in certain situations ‘I could’ve done better than that’. But in reality if 99.9% of us were involved in a championship game for 5 minutes our heads would be absolutely spinning. 

Even as someone who’s played a decent non league level, it amazing how much quicker and sharper the professional game is and you only really notice it properly when your closer to the action. 

Archived