IGNORED

Mark Ashton transfer update

CodeRed

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

CEO Mark Ashton gives Transfer Window update

Let me start by saying that an incredible amount of hard work goes on behind the scenes not just during the window but throughout the year by a talented and very hard working recruitment team to ensure we have a positive window,  January is a very difficult window, the market is difficult, agents are difficult, clubs are difficult – that’s why it’s important to stay ahead of the market and whilst I’m CEO of this football club we will always strive to be ahead of the market. To be ahead of the market you need options, and whilst I’m at this football club we will always have options. Options give you power, and I will always strive to have the power in any negotiations. As always we look to exercise that power in all our negotiations as we leave no stone unturned as we fish in ponds, rivers, and lakes in our search for the right players for this football club – be it for the 18’s, 21’s or the first team – and no player joins this football club unless we are absolutely confident that he ticks all our boxes in terms of the 3 “A”’s , Attitude Ability Application and of course meets the strict financial budget that I – as CEO – will always work within. At this point I must pay tribute to the Lansdown Family who continue to be supportive and without whom none of this excellent work would be possible.  Turning to sales I must state that we are under no pressure to sell any players at this football club and again the Lansdown Family are fully supportive of everything I do. Let me be clear – no player will leave this football club unless the deal is absolutely right for this football club and of course the player and we do not block the ambitions of any player and in such a circumstance I will do my utmost to negotiate the very best possible financial deal for this football club.

As the window enters the final 10 days I urge all stakeholders to be patient and I would like you to know that we are working 24/7 to achieve the best possible outcome from this transfer window  for this football club.

COYR Mark Ashton

Is this statement for real or is it a parody? 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

CEO Mark Ashton gives Transfer Window update

Let me start by saying that an incredible amount of hard work goes on behind the scenes not just during the window but throughout the year by a talented and very hard working recruitment team to ensure we have a positive window,  January is a very difficult window, the market is difficult, agents are difficult, clubs are difficult – that’s why it’s important to stay ahead of the market and whilst I’m CEO of this football club we will always strive to be ahead of the market. To be ahead of the market you need options, and whilst I’m at this football club we will always have options. Options give you power, and I will always strive to have the power in any negotiations. As always we look to exercise that power in all our negotiations as we leave no stone unturned as we fish in ponds, rivers, and lakes in our search for the right players for this football club – be it for the 18’s, 21’s or the first team – and no player joins this football club unless we are absolutely confident that he ticks all our boxes in terms of the 3 “A”’s , Attitude Ability Application and of course meets the strict financial budget that I – as CEO – will always work within. At this point I must pay tribute to the Lansdown Family who continue to be supportive and without whom none of this excellent work would be possible.  Turning to sales I must state that we are under no pressure to sell any players at this football club and again the Lansdown Family are fully supportive of everything I do. Let me be clear – no player will leave this football club unless the deal is absolutely right for this football club and of course the player and we do not block the ambitions of any player and in such a circumstance I will do my utmost to negotiate the very best possible financial deal for this football club.

As the window enters the final 10 days I urge all stakeholders to be patient and I would like you to know that we are working 24/7 to achieve the best possible outcome from this transfer window  for this football club.

COYR Mark Ashton

Same old load of balls as every year. Packed with excuses and reasons why it so hard to sign anyone which usually is the forerunner of failing  again in January to give the team the support it needs.

8 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Same old load of balls as every year. Packed with excuses and reasons why it so hard to sign anyone which usually is the forerunner of failing  again in January to give the team the support it needs.

If the bloke who wrote this codswallop is in charge of our recruitment, goodness help us . . . 

14 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Look at the market- and then factor in nepotism/connections factor as well.

Where are these strikers flying off the shelf, these desirable strikers to Championship sides!!

23 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

It's most definitely a real statement.......the question you must ask yourself is .....who wrote it?

Its hilarious that people can read that and think it came from Ashton. That says two things, one its a near perfect parody and two he is full of shit!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Its hilarious that people can read that and think it came from Ashton. That says two things, one its a near perfect parody and two he is full of shit!

Actually Mark Ashton has - at one time or another - said all those things in various interviews.........

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Not as good as the 5 D’s of Dodgeball.

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge 

Identity, Integrity, Ingenuity, Innovation and….Identity

"Mark, there's been suggestions that the club currently has no obvious playing identity and that the fans are at a loss when the manager says we need to 'get it back'."

MA:

21UCVP9.gif

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So effectively, Mark Ashton has become the replacement for Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes. 

'Don't go chasing waterfalls, please still to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to'

And there in shows the limits of our recruitment process. A lack of waterfalls.

I wonder if Mark 'left wing' Ashton takes an alternative views on 'Scrubs' to that of the rest of the band?

Can you fish in a waterfall? 

32 minutes ago, ciderinacan1919 said:

3. We have one of the thickest fan bases in the country.

Nonsense.?

Our real fan base- you know the one's who go to matches, who actually support our Club and cheer on the players and become the 12th Man and are totally and utterly at odds with the social media trolls are actually pretty smart.

In the meantime the increasing righteous indignation of those posters who are unable to let real facts get in the way of an opportunistic post and embrace fiction as reality to form part of their agenda- these are worse than thick particularly on a saturday afternoon between 3-5p.m ranting in their bedroom/kitchen/sofa etc.

Meanwhile City are 1 single solitary point from a play off position despite long term injuries to at least three of our most influential players. Pretty good but no cigar.

Archived