IGNORED

Mark Ashton transfer update

CodeRed

53 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The statement is fine and I appreciate that he did it. 

Except that the continual refence to "THIS FOOTBALL CLUB".

Mr Ashton, if you are not aware of who is employing you, WE ARE BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, WHO PLAY AT ASHTON GATE IN BRISTOL.

PS. I also note that City Supporters have now become "Stakeholders". 

Whooooosh

1 hour ago, STeveOELlis said:

Panic stations

57 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The statement is fine and I appreciate that he did it. 

Except that the continual refence to "THIS FOOTBALL CLUB".

Mr Ashton, if you are not aware of who is employing you, WE ARE BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, WHO PLAY AT ASHTON GATE IN BRISTOL.

PS. I also note that City Supporters have now become "Stakeholders". 

I think you'll find this is OTIB getting Ashton's excuses in for him. Aren't we kind. 

This will mean Ashton doesn't have to waste precious time spouting guff on Twentyman's wireless show, leaving him the maximum opportunity to sign the players Lee Johnson doesn't want, just before the transfer window "slams" shut.

COYR!

I’m sure it’s a spoof but if Mark Ashton reads it I’m sure he’ll take the key drivers and run them up the flagpole to see if Steve Lansdown salutes. Just wait until we get his next real press release. Look out for “options” 

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Ponds, Oceans or Streams - it matters not - great bit of fishing there! Caught quite a few I see . . . 

So effectively, Mark Ashton has become the replacement for Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes. 

'Don't go chasing waterfalls, please still to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to'

And there in shows the limits of our recruitment process. A lack of waterfalls.

I wonder if Mark 'left wing' Ashton takes an alternative views on 'Scrubs' to that of the rest of the band?

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m sure it’s a spoof but if Mark Ashton reads it I’m sure he’ll take the key drivers and run them up the flagpole to see if Steve Lansdown salutes. Just wait until we get his next real press release. Look out for “options” 

Absolutely. Bit of blue sky thinking never hurt anyone.

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I'm sure he will touch base with SL at some point to reimagine their forward strategy.

MA should change his name to Captain Waffle..............:cool2:

That statement says nothing at all - it’s all predictable hot air and bluff that we’ve heard plenty of times before.

What we want to hear is not how hard their working but who’ve they signed.............

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MA should change his name to Captain Waffle..............:cool2:

That statement says nothing at all - it’s all predictable hot air and bluff that we’ve heard plenty of times before.

What we want to hear is not how hard their working but who’ve they signed.............

You must be on a wind up yourself, right?

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Yep! In other words no new striker

If they're not available, they're not available tbh...

Nketiah isn't. Adams probably isn't, Gayle is both prohibitively expensive and injured- I'd be pulling out all the stops for Vydra, if he's available.

Or Gray, though he would cost- check the transfer forum thread on him if you haven't already, for the mooted terms!

Bowen of course an excellent choice but a) He's likely out of our price range and b) It's unclear whether he's even available.

Marriott on loan could be good- but again is he available?

I'm not sure on Wickham personally. Assombalonga would certainly be good, but I think he can be overrated in some aspects of his game, probably a decent fee etc- and he's not even fit right now.

Not easy, is it? Far from easy in fact!

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I was going to berate @CodeRed for a ridiculous post but it has pointed out the Dullards who don’t read a post or are too stupid to grasp it.

Or those who have to get back to work and scan read in 30 seconds. 

Ain't much difference between what was written and what MA will say imminently. 

Archived