Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Andy082005

Reading Away Tickets - On Sale Tuesday (Merged)

2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

I was just thinking the same.

So QPR tickets on sale for 1st Feb but Reading not on sale for 25th Jan.

It's only just been re arranged. Calm down! Plenty of seats. 

10 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

It's only just been re arranged. Calm down! Plenty of seats. 

I'm calm I'm calm...haha

was just a question not a concern about seats. Wondering why they went on sale in that order. suppose it's because of the Fa cup

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattWSM said:

I'm calm I'm calm...haha

was just a question not a concern about seats. Wondering why they went on sale in that order. suppose it's because of the Fa cup

The date of the Reading game wasn’t able to be confirmed until The weekend. 
Tuesday week is extremely short notice for a re-arranged league fixture, but makes sense to get it done early I suppose. 

• Like 1

As per the official site we can't give the 48 hour notice of sale period which we agreed after the Luton game earlier in the season due to the short notice of the game being changed. 

We will try and stick to this notice period whenever possible but on this occasion we are unable to do it.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/reading-away-set-for-sale/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

As per the official site we can't give the 48 hour notice of sale period which we agreed after the Luton game earlier in the season due to the short notice of the game being changed. 

We will try and stick to this notice period whenever possible but on this occasion we are unable to do it.

Why not give whole allocation. Even midweek history shows we’ll take a large following to Reading.

24 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

Decent prices.

Reading must have been bonkers to agree to play us on the 28th given they play this Wednesday, Saturday and then the Friday after they play us. Four games in 10 days! Genuinely can't understand it...

image.png.602c41d4b99dda04273e2a2609b8fad2.png

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Reading must have been bonkers to agree to play us on the 28th given they play this Wednesday, Saturday and then the Friday after they play us. Genuinely can't understand it...

I think it has to be rescheduled for as soon as possible after it should have been played, so I don't know how much choice they'd have had.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think it has to be rescheduled for as soon as possible after it should have been played, so I don't know how much choice they'd have had.

Good news for us anyway, and no excuses for us not to be the fresher of the two teams, even if they will likely rest a number of players for the cup game.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Each fixture where it might be rearranged (like our situation) should have a reserve date pencilled in and police scheduled just in case.  EFL rules state this.  So as this midweek date couldn’t be a 4th round replay option, not surprised it was the temporary date once the original got cancelled.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Reading must have been bonkers to agree to play us on the 28th given they play this Wednesday, Saturday and then the Friday after they play us. Four games in 10 days! Genuinely can't understand it...

Reading probably feel that playing us shouldn't be too much of a strain !!!😉🙂🙂

• Haha 1

Reading got to fit in with London Irish I expect. I don’t know what games they have during this time

Anyone know what parking is like at Reading on a night match? Have been many times before, but always on a Saturday. Always parked in office/industrial car parks nearby, but didn't know whether they are also used midweek when the offices will obviously be open. Anyone got any idea?

2 hours ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

Is it on red button?

Unlikely imho.  Didn’t think re-arranged Sat 3pm games were allowed, but also seem to recall there being one game last season where they did!!

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They'll almost certainly put out a 2nd choice team in the cup as per their previous round v Blackpool. Still a lot to play in a short time though. Let's hope we can capitalise on it!! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Unlikely imho.  Didn’t think re-arranged Sat 3pm games were allowed, but also seem to recall there being one game last season where they did!!

It's at the discretion of the home club.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Bit naughty they went on sale at 09:57 family section went in seconds 

I was trying fro about 9:55am & couldn’t get anything until 10am. There was still family section tickets available then though, although that section was the first section that was showing up on my phone as available & could it be that people didn’t realise that they had to hit the drop down bit to get the general tickets?

I have previously managed to get tickets a couple of minutes early though.

22 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Bit naughty they went on sale at 09:57 family section went in seconds 

Family section in an away end? **** that man I’ll give that a miss.

Edited by HayBCFC

25 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

As opposed to most away ends, where families just mix amongst everyone else..?

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As opposed to most away ends, where families just mix amongst everyone else..?

Exactly, so the entire sections aren’t sat down like the family one will be.

1 minute ago, HayBCFC said:

Exactly, so the entire sections aren’t sat down like the family one will be.

So you go in other blocks, so their sitting down doesn’t bother you. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Maybe kids & adults don’t want to have to stand up for the entire match but have no choice while inconsiderate people force them too by standing in front of them?!?

I’d say a family section is a good option, let people who want to sit, sit without any fear of people being stood in their way & those that don’t want to sit can stand in a section where they are unlikely to get anyone asking them to sit down!

The tickets were clearly labelled, so it shouldn’t of been too difficult to end up in the right section without supporters getting upset.

• Like 2

I logged in 9.58 yesterday and booked 2 tickets quickly. It’s was only after booking I realised they were in the family area . About an hour later I was rung by City and asked to move sections and pay the extra £4. Apparently the first section loaded was the family one and there were a number of others who had done the same thing.

Glad to see reading have an 'family section' in the away end. Not sure if I'm on my own here but having taken my kids (6,9) to last couple of trips to reading it's been pretty unpleasant. Seems to attract groups of city fans I've not seen before drunk, coked up to the eyeballs and either fighting each other or a steward. 

14 minutes ago, Thameswey Red said:

I logged in 9.58 yesterday and booked 2 tickets quickly. It’s was only after booking I realised they were in the family area . About an hour later I was rung by City and asked to move sections and pay the extra £4. Apparently the first section loaded was the family one and there were a number of others who had done the same thing.

How do i know if my tickets are family section? My confirmation does not mention family section? I bought tickets just after 10.

I dont fancy sitting in a family section :laugh:

12 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Glad to see reading have an 'family section' in the away end. Not sure if I'm on my own here but having taken my kids (6,9) to last couple of trips to reading it's been pretty unpleasant. Seems to attract groups of city fans I've not seen before drunk, coked up to the eyeballs and either fighting each other or a steward. 

Last year was exactly that. Sadly I had already decided this year that I would not take my rwo children under 8.

I am thankful it had moved to 8pm on a school night which meant I didn't feel so crappy or have to explain them why were not going to a ground 20 minutes from our house, and that we pass when gping to the Gate every other weekend.

Our away support is brilliant at times, but there is a vast minority who are just horrible. At Brentford, Charlton and Birmingham away there were full on fights and verbals between ourselves.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Riaz said:

How do i know if my tickets are family section? My confirmation does not mention family section? I bought tickets just after 10.

I dont fancy sitting in a family section :laugh:

It clearly says family section on my email.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

It clearly says family section on my email.

Ah thanks. Panic over

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Maybe kids & adults don’t want to have to stand up for the entire match but have no choice while inconsiderate people force them too by standing in front of them?!?

I’d say a family section is a good option, let people who want to sit, sit without any fear of people being stood in their way & those that don’t want to sit can stand in a section where they are unlikely to get anyone asking them to sit down!

The tickets were clearly labelled, so it shouldn’t of been too difficult to end up in the right section without supporters getting upset.

Having had two unsavoury visits to Reading with Joe where some fans came and stood in the Wheelchair area because there were scuffles about others sitting in their seats, I’m with you Tipps.  They were decent fans, just trying to avoid confrontation with a group sat in their seats.  Another effwit, sat in a Carers seat (obstructing view of wheelchair user) and refused to move.  Stewards weren’t prepared either.  Joe no longer wants to go to Reading.

• Sad 1

Spooky timing I just looked up from reading this and my train is flying through Reading 

Best thing to happen it's a horrid place 

Looked into train fares from London. Got it the wrong way round (Reading to London), was nearly half the price of London to Reading. Decided I couldn’t afford it

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Looked into train fares from London. Got it the wrong way round (Reading to London), was nearly half the price of London to Reading. Decided I couldn’t afford it

Travelling out of London peak time will be the sting 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

If you get the slower train from Waterloo/Vauxhall/Clapham Junction, it's much cheaper than going via Paddington at peak time.

Edited by SinéadB
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

If you get the slower train from Waterloo/Vauxhall/Clapham Junction, it's much cheaper than going via Paddington at peak time.

I did look at that too. I’m at work until 5:30 so time would be an issue. It would cost around £45 return. I might just give it a miss this time. 

On 20/01/2020 at 19:12, Ciudad Bristol said:

Is it on red button?

On 20/01/2020 at 22:01, Davefevs said:

On 20/01/2020 at 23:37, Northern Red said:

It's at the discretion of the home club.

There are a whole bunch of Championship games on on Tuesday so at least there should be a SSN Soccer Special on where they show the goals as they go in.

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I did look at that too. I’m at work until 5:30 so time would be an issue. It would cost around £45 return. I might just give it a miss this time. 

Train from Waterloo just after 6 which is £13 return with a railcard (still less than £20 without).

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There are a whole bunch of Championship games on on Tuesday so at least there should be a SSN Soccer Special on where they show the goals as they go in.

The Leeds game is now on the red button....hopefully Reading follow suit.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I stand corrected but I think if you travel on the trains that are  run by transport for london its £24.00p

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2019/december/tfl-rail-will-operate-services-to-reading-from-15-december

I’m working in London and planning to go from Paddington. You can get off peak returns for about £21 - selected (slower) trains between 5-7 and every train thereafter. The ground is c3 miles from Reading Station so as long as you get in by 7 it’s walkable or by half seven it’s joggable. Worth the risk.

18 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Train from Waterloo just after 6 which is £13 return with a railcard (still less than £20 without).

thanks for that! 

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m working in London and planning to go from Paddington. You can get off peak returns for about £21 - selected (slower) trains between 5-7 and every train thereafter. The ground is c3 miles from Reading Station so as long as you get in by 7 it’s walkable or by half seven it’s joggable. Worth the risk.

Reading Railway Station is situated just over three miles away from the Madejski Stadium.

The easiest way to get to the ground is to catch the F1 'Football Special' bus, which leaves just down from the Railway Station on Station Hill (as you exit the station from the main entrance turn right and head down the steps, the buses line up on the left hand side).

The bus service starts at 5:30pm for night games.

But would recommend getting in the bus queue no later than 45 minutes before kick off as all football traffic goes down the same dual carriageway to the stadium'.

The fare is £4 return / £3.50 single for adults and £2.50 return / £2 single for children

The journey normally takes about fifteen minutes to get to the ground, but remember the bus terminus is the far end of the ground to the away end!

Also remember to have the correct fare as the drivers do not give out change.

• Thanks 2