IGNORED

Reading Away Tickets - On Sale Tuesday (Merged)

Andy082005

Glad to see reading have an 'family section' in the away end. Not sure if I'm on my own here but having taken my kids (6,9) to last couple of trips to reading it's been pretty unpleasant. Seems to attract groups of city fans I've not seen before drunk, coked up to the eyeballs and either fighting each other or a steward. 

14 minutes ago, Thameswey Red said:

I logged in 9.58 yesterday and booked 2 tickets quickly. It’s was only after booking I realised they were in the family area . About an hour later I was rung by City and asked to move sections and pay the extra £4. Apparently the first section loaded was the family one and there were a number of others who had done the same thing.

How do i know if my tickets are family section? My confirmation does not mention family section? I bought tickets just after 10.

I dont fancy sitting in a family section :laugh:

12 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Glad to see reading have an 'family section' in the away end. Not sure if I'm on my own here but having taken my kids (6,9) to last couple of trips to reading it's been pretty unpleasant. Seems to attract groups of city fans I've not seen before drunk, coked up to the eyeballs and either fighting each other or a steward. 

Last year was exactly that. Sadly I had already decided this year that I would not take my rwo children under 8.

I am thankful it had moved to 8pm on a school night which meant I didn't feel so crappy or have to explain them why were not going to a ground 20 minutes from our house, and that we pass when gping to the Gate every other weekend.

Our away support is brilliant at times, but there is a vast minority who are just horrible. At Brentford, Charlton and Birmingham away there were full on fights and verbals between ourselves.

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Maybe kids & adults don’t want to have to stand up for the entire match but have no choice while inconsiderate people force them too by standing in front of them?!?

I’d say a family section is a good option, let people who want to sit, sit without any fear of people being stood in their way & those that don’t want to sit can stand in a section where they are unlikely to get anyone asking them to sit down!

The tickets were clearly labelled, so it shouldn’t of been too difficult to end up in the right section without supporters getting upset.

Having had two unsavoury visits to Reading with Joe where some fans came and stood in the Wheelchair area because there were scuffles about others sitting in their seats, I’m with you Tipps.  They were decent fans, just trying to avoid confrontation with a group sat in their seats.  Another effwit, sat in a Carers seat (obstructing view of wheelchair user) and refused to move.  Stewards weren’t prepared either.  Joe no longer wants to go to Reading.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Looked into train fares from London. Got it the wrong way round (Reading to London), was nearly half the price of London to Reading. Decided I couldn’t afford it

Travelling out of London peak time will be the sting 

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Looked into train fares from London. Got it the wrong way round (Reading to London), was nearly half the price of London to Reading. Decided I couldn’t afford it

If you get the slower train from Waterloo/Vauxhall/Clapham Junction, it's much cheaper than going via Paddington at peak time.

14 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

If you get the slower train from Waterloo/Vauxhall/Clapham Junction, it's much cheaper than going via Paddington at peak time.

I did look at that too. I’m at work until 5:30 so time would be an issue. It would cost around £45 return. I might just give it a miss this time. 

On 20/01/2020 at 19:12, Ciudad Bristol said:

Is it on red button?

On 20/01/2020 at 22:01, Davefevs said:

Unlikely imho.  Didn’t think re-arranged Sat 3pm games were allowed, but also seem to recall there being one game last season where they did!!

On 20/01/2020 at 23:37, Northern Red said:

It's at the discretion of the home club.

There are a whole bunch of Championship games on on Tuesday so at least there should be a SSN Soccer Special on where they show the goals as they go in.

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I did look at that too. I’m at work until 5:30 so time would be an issue. It would cost around £45 return. I might just give it a miss this time. 

Train from Waterloo just after 6 which is £13 return with a railcard (still less than £20 without).

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I stand corrected but I think if you travel on the trains that are  run by transport for london its £24.00p

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2019/december/tfl-rail-will-operate-services-to-reading-from-15-december

I’m working in London and planning to go from Paddington. You can get off peak returns for about £21 - selected (slower) trains between 5-7 and every train thereafter. The ground is c3 miles from Reading Station so as long as you get in by 7 it’s walkable or by half seven it’s joggable. Worth the risk.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m working in London and planning to go from Paddington. You can get off peak returns for about £21 - selected (slower) trains between 5-7 and every train thereafter. The ground is c3 miles from Reading Station so as long as you get in by 7 it’s walkable or by half seven it’s joggable. Worth the risk.

Reading Railway Station is situated just over three miles away from the Madejski Stadium.

The easiest way to get to the ground is to catch the F1 'Football Special' bus, which leaves just down from the Railway Station on Station Hill (as you exit the station from the main entrance turn right and head down the steps, the buses line up on the left hand side).

The bus service starts at 5:30pm for night games.

But would recommend getting in the bus queue no later than 45 minutes before kick off as all football traffic goes down the same dual carriageway to the stadium'.

The fare is £4 return / £3.50 single for adults and £2.50 return / £2 single for children

The journey normally takes about fifteen minutes to get to the ground, but remember the bus terminus is the far end of the ground to the away end!

Also remember to have the correct fare as the drivers do not give out change.

2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

I assume I can pick up my ticket at Reading tomorrow. it doesn't say this on the booking so just wondering...

Yes I just read that you can do that . I’ll be doing the same . Taken from bcfc... 

Collections and duplicates will be available from Reading's South Stand ticket office, located between Gate 9 & 10, from 6.30pm.

By my calculations we should have just over 2000 in attendance at Reading (around 200 left on sale), at short notice and mid week and followed by another popular away day only a few days later in north London (another 2000+ as it stands). Great effort ? all things considered what with the football not exactly been earth shattering of late.

Hmmm, fans turn up what can possibly go wrong..... fair play to those going though :clap:a difficult game, hope it wakes our players up. The past has proven it can... sometimes.

6 hours ago, hantsred said:

By my calculations we should have just over 2000 in attendance at Reading (around 200 left on sale), at short notice and mid week and followed by another popular away day only a few days later in north London (another 2000+ as it stands). Great effort ? all things considered what with the football not exactly been earth shattering of late.

I'm fairly sure initial allocation for Reading was 1300 ish so about 1100 sold if 200 left.

Archived