IGNORED

Bailey Wright (Merged)

Hampshire reds

I liked Bailey - forced to play at right back for a long spell, did very well there, but playing out of position probably cost him his place in the Aussie World Cup squad (despite playing in 12 of their qualifying games) - never publicly moaned once, solid, proper pro - I wish him all the best ... glad he’s joined a bigger club

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Confirmed to Sunderland on loan!!!

why a loan?

I thought that, but reading MA’s comment it seems to indicate he’s not coming back.

“On behalf of everyone at Bristol City I want to thank Bailey for all he has done for this club,” said Ashton. “From the moment he arrived he has been the model professional and ambassador and we all wish him well.”

9 minutes ago, chowie said:

I thought that, but reading MA’s comment it seems to indicate he’s not coming back.

“On behalf of everyone at Bristol City I want to thank Bailey for all he has done for this club,” said Ashton. “From the moment he arrived he has been the model professional and ambassador and we all wish him well.”

I suppose Sunderland have paid a loan fee for BW but otherwise it is a bit strange. 

How much is a Championship defender and an Australian international with six months on his contract worth ? 

Equally, Matty Taylor will walk for nothing if we don’t sell him this window.

Now I know we didn’t pay much for the pair but surely even a million for the two would help the FFP situation ? 

Perhaps we’ve got that in loan fees and are happy to let the lads pursue their careers elsewhere ? 

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Confirmed to Sunderland on loan!!!

why a loan?

Loan fee I expect. It doesn't make much difference to us as he's out of contract at end of his time there anyway.

Probably just Sunderland making sure he's good and fit before having him permanently in the summer.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I liked Bailey - forced to play at right back for a long spell, did very well there, but playing out of position probably cost him his place in the Aussie World Cup squad (despite playing in 12 of their qualifying games) - never publicly moaned once, solid, proper pro - I wish him all the best ... glad he’s joined a bigger club

100% agree.

Got our moneys worth out of him and then some.

From the City FB page. Well done Bailey

So it's official, although we knew for sure on Saturday when good byes were said!
As a family we are sad to see Bailey go, especially our daughter Charlotte.

From their first meeting, when he took the time to pop down and talk to her whilst she was doing her 13,000 Seat Challenge in the Summer of 2018 he has been such an amazing support.
Not only with her on going fund raising for the Cots for Tots Appeal but by also helping and encouraging her through two big knee operations, simply talking her through her rehab etc and trying to stop her worrying. That we can never thank him enough for x

We wish him all the luck in the world & no doubt like he actually said on Saturday he'll see her again soon!
Seeing I've just noticed flights to Newcastle have been looked up, she's already planning!

Bailey Wright deserves some thanks from our supporters. He came here at a difficult time for us, and while he will never grace the City Hall of Fame, he has given his all every time that he went on the pitch for City in whichever position he was selected. He's a leader and a guy who is probably well respected by his fellow pros.

Best wishes for another career at Sunderland.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I suppose Sunderland have paid a loan fee for BW but otherwise it is a bit strange. 

How much is a Championship defender and an Australian international with six months on his contract worth ? 

Equally, Matty Taylor will walk for nothing if we don’t sell him this window.

Now I know we didn’t pay much for the pair but surely even a million for the two would help the FFP situation ? 

Perhaps we’ve got that in loan fees and are happy to let the lads pursue their careers elsewhere ? 

⬇️

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It’s a loan so we don’t have to pay up the Rest  of his contract,

it also put the player in the shop window so other clubs may offer him a contract, as well as let Sunderland have a good look at him

Might also see whether any Champ clubs want him in the summer, plus chance to get a decent signing on fee.

Re Matty, same could apply, but suspect playing for hometown club has its merits..

21 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Apart from all the times he's played him in a back four...

But let's not let the truth get in the way.

Played him out of position at RB in a 1-4-4-2 yes, but doesn't trust him to play CB in this formation which is a shame because he has wrongly been left out imho.

Archived