IGNORED

Bailey Wright (Merged)

Hampshire reds

Good luck Bailey, good honest pro that will be a great signing for Sunderland if he can stay fit (which will probably be easier if he's playing more).

He's unfortunate in the fact that he picked up the injuries he had when he did, as by the time he was able to come back we had moved on as a team, and he maybe wasn't as good as the other options we had in his position.

I can see him doing well for them.

1 hour ago, 50cal said:

Played him out of position at RB in a 1-4-4-2 yes, but doesn't trust him to play CB in this formation which is a shame because he has wrongly been left out imho.

Taylor Moore?

I think you're mistaken bud, he's not played right back this season to my knowledge, and he has definitely played centre back in a back four several times.

On 18/01/2020 at 10:25, Swede said:

I really don't understand this one. A very good defender, played out of position, club captain, a very good ambassador and link between the players and coaches.

Considering the frequency of injuries to Kalas and Baker I am surprised he hasn't played more.

But he is not very good. Perhaps he will find his feet with Sunderland. I wish him well.

3 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Taylor Moore?

I think you're mistaken bud, he's not played right back this season to my knowledge, and he has definitely played centre back in a back four several times.

TM Has played RB for parts of a couple of games, e.g. Cardiff away.  Hasn’t started there though.

The main reason he is going, is that he lost his place in the Australian side.

He used to be captain, but missed going to the World Cup and was devastated.

He wants to get guaranteed game time, which he will, and therefore get back in the Australian national side

And that means he will play in the Asian Cup, which is highly regarded over in this side of the planet, and hopefully the World Cup, should Australia qualify in 2022.

Australia sit clearly top of qualifying group B at present.

He gave up so many personal honours to play for us whilst injured, including going to Russia.

It seems a lot forget that, so before the personal attacks, give your head a wobble.

The guy played injured, lost form, got dropped, and lost the chance to Captain his country at a World Cup.  For that alone, he deserves some bloody respect.

All the best BW, and good luck to you.

• Admin
10 hours ago, SX227 said:

The guy played injured, lost form, got dropped, and lost the chance to Captain his country at a World Cup. 

I do agree with everything you said, but what the heck were we playing at letting an injured player go out on the pitch?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I do agree with everything you said, but what the heck were we playing at letting an injured player go out on the pitch?

Agreed.

Seems a bit hypocritical to do that and then moan that the Hungarian manager did the same with Nagy.

In hindsight, it was a poor decision to allow him to play through injury even if the player wanted to play.

Great respect for Wright and I hope he smashes it at Sunderland.

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That was a favour to Plymouth after one of their CBs (forgot his name) was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I can see why we did it, helping out a club who we seem to have a good relationship with in their hour of need.

Yeah, absolutely, but it stuffed us with Bailey, and then Eros rushed back too.

On 21/01/2020 at 10:30, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gone then is one of those few City players who, like Taylor Moore are almost always referred to by their full name - almost as though it's a double-barrelled surname.

Good luck Bailey. Good luck Wright. Good luck Bailey Wright - and thanks for your service.

Good point. And appropriate that it comes from someone who also is referred to by their full name almost as if it was a double-barrelled surname. Rudolf or just Hucker would never do you justice but Rudolf Hucker really incapsulates the essence of your personality and many, many conquests.

Archived